Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Hi Andy,

Just wondering if you have any updates on the cruises mentioned here and who our captain, hotel and cruise directors will be.

I am interested in the Oct. 27 Quest cruise from Rome to Seville --- last cruise before dry dock!

Here are some of the other requests: Journey Sept 1,2012, Quest 10/06/2012, Quest 25 Septeber 2012, Quest 1/31/2013.

The captains we have sailed with have been wonderful as well as cruise and hotel directors!!! Only one captain was not as visible as the rest when we were on a TA in March 2009. Can't remember his name!!!

Anne

Hi Everyone,

Update : I've asked for all of the recent posts on this thread. As soon as I receive a reply, I will post again. Stay Tuned !

Okay, hoping to change all the "refit" chatter and as we approach the end of July wondering if there is any news regarding upcoming cruise staff? We're getting more excited as our sailaway date approaches and just want to focus on another wonderful Azamara vacation. We're staying tuned Andy!!

Jan

We were also on the March 26th cruise and will be on the mid January Quest trip south from BA and would love to know who the Captain will be as well as cruise director and hotel director.

thanks

Hi Hamptonroads,

I'm sorry, but it's too soon to ask about 2013. Im still working on several requests for the balance of 2012. Please post on this thread in the 4th quarter, and I will be happy to ask for you.

For those who are waiting for answers, I've tried, but I'm sure they have been quite busy in recent weeks. I will ask again on Monday.

Anyone know whether any of: Jim the pianist, Philip the Hotel Manager and Staff Captain Panos are likely to be on board Azamara Quest in mid-August 2012?

Kind regards,

John

Hi John,

Please post your sailing date, and I will add it to my inquiry list. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Bollinge viewpost.gif Anyone know whether any of: Jim the pianist, Philip the Hotel Manager and Staff Captain Panos are likely to be on board Azamara Quest in mid-August 2012?

Kind regards,

John

August 12th, not my sail date, but a friend's. If they are on board I'd like to send Panos and Jim - who are fans of English humour - a couple of DVD's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Great news !

I have the list from your recent requests. I'm re-typing the information, and will post as soon as possible. Stay Tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

August 12th, not my sail date, but a friend's. If they are on board I'd like to send Panos and Jim - who are fans of English humour - a couple of DVD's.

Hi John,

I'm hearing that Panos should be onboard, though schedules are subject to change. The scheduled Pianist is Max DiFazio, so I presume Jim will not be onboard. I hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

Here's the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director list for the requested sailings. Please keep in mind the following information / schedules are subject to change without notice.

A Special Thank You to Azamara for providing the information. I wish everyone a wonderful Cruise !

Azamara Journey :

============

September 1, 2012 : Captain - Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director - Heike Berdos, Cruise Director - Eric De Gray

November 29, 2012 : Captain - Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director - Fred, Cruise Director - Tony Markey

Azamara Quest :

===========

August 12, 2012 : Captain - Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director - Philip Herbert, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

September 15, 2012 : Captain - Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director - Philip Herbert, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

September 25, 2012 : Captain - Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director - Philip Herbert, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

October 6, 2012 : Captain - Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director - Philip Herbert, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

October 27, 2012 : Captain - Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director - Ryszard Gusmann, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

November 15, 2012 : Captain - Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director - Ryszard Gusmann, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

January 31, 2013 : Captain - Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director - Ryszard Gusmann, Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

Edited by Host Andy

Happy to see we'll again be sailing with Ryszard and Russ. Haven't sailed with Captain Karlsson before, but I'm sure he'll be every bit as amazing as Captains Johannes and Carl. We so enjoyed Russ last year on our B2B. It's our friend's first time on Azamara and I know they'll find these officers astonishingly good.

Is it too late for one more request?:o Do you know who will be onboard the Journey for the November 4, 2012 cruise?

Hi Cruzluze,

It's not too late. However, in order to make this easier for all involved... going forward, my plan is to compile a short list, then ask again.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.

Oct. 16 Quest is missing, but I'm sure it's a safe assumption that the captain etc, remain the same.

Does it help you if a "sticky" is created to post this information? It seems you are regularly being asked for it.

Thanks again.

Thanks Andy

Sad that we are not exploring the Antarctic from 15th January with Captain Carl Smith but I know we will enjoy the experience with Captain Leif Karlsson.

Thank you again for all you do on our behalf.

Hilary & Colin

Hi Everyone,

As always, Thank you for your very kind comments. I appreciate it. Sorry that I missed a couple of sailings. That's unusual for me, as I maintained a complete list of your requests.

Unfortunately, my computer's hard drive (which was brand new) failed last week, and all of the drive's data was lost... so I made the latest request in a hurry. Good thing I maintained a backup. I'm in the process of reinstalling my files. What a headache !!! LOL.

I will obtain the missed sailing dates. Thank you for your patience.