Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Thank you Andy for the information regarding the Senior Officers on the 25 September saiiling on the Quest. We look forward to meeting a "new to us" Captain and Hotel Director and seeing one of our favorite Cruise Directors again.

Carl wil lnot be on the Quest?/ boohoo! after Johaness he is the only Captain I have heard about. after 7 Journey cruises knowing all the officers, CD and others this is a hard transition for me.. The only person i know on the Quest will be on holiday i think.. met her on the Journey.

will be on the ship two months when is Carl coming back?

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm who the Captain and Cruise Director will be for this cruise??

onne time i had Johanees and the other Jason.. ship was missing something or someone called Joaness.. Eric has been on both my NYE cruises..

Hi Everyone,

I received the Journey list this morning. I'm working on Quest, and hope to have it for you shortly.

As always, all names provided, are subject to change without notice. Thank you !

Journey

=====

October 26th & November 4th, 2012 Sailings

Captain : Jason Ikiadis

Hotel Director : Heike Berdos

Cruise Director : Tony Markey

December 23, 2012 Sailing

Captain : Johannes Tysse

Hotel Director : Fred Bubner

Hi Everyone,

I received the Journey list this morning. I'm working on Quest, and hope to have it for you shortly.

As always, all names provided, are subject to change without notice. Thank you !

Journey

=====

finally after 2 years both Heike and Eric are off for Cmas. I never met Fred.. Tony is nice but i prefer Eric. .can not see Tony on rollar skates or drag in the shows. wonder what they will do.. Glad for the guests who get Johannes..

Hi Everyone,

Journey

=====

Sorry Andy meant to check sooner, I am sure 15/10 is Jason and Heike but is it Tony or is that Eric's last trip pre holiday?

Hi Everyone,

Journey

=====

Hi Andy thanks so much, A good team!

Thanks for the info. At first, I was disappointed that Eric would not be on the Christmas cruise. But.....after having sailed with him 3 times I think I know everything there is to know about his grandfather!! Glad to see that Captain Tysse will be aboard. Hope he won't be too lonely without his "little" bother!! Heike is a lovely person, but I am sure that Fred is a capable hotel director.

Hi Everyone,

Here's a *MAJOR* Update for Quest Sailings from September 15, 2012 - March 27, 2013. Please keep in mind that all information listed below, is subject to change without notice.

Im working on an Update for Journey. Stay Tuned !

Enjoy !

QUEST SAILING DATE

CAPTAIN / HOTEL DIRECTOR / CRUISE DIRECTOR

SEP 15, 2012

Captain Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director Philip Herbert, and Cruise Director Russ Grieve

SEP 25, 2012

Captain Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director Philip Herbert, and Cruise Director Russ Grieve

OCT 6, 2012

OCT 16, 2012

Captain Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann, and Cruise Director Russ Grieve

OCT 27, 2012

Captain Carl Smith, Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann, and Cruise Director Russ Grieve

NOV 15, 2012

Captain Carl Smith,Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann, and Cruise Director Russ Grieve

NOV 28, 2012

Captain Carl Smith, Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann, and Cruise Director Russ Grieve

DEC 2, 2012

DEC 18, 2012

DEC 27, 2012

JAN 5, 2013

Captain Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann, and Cruise Director Russ Grieve

JAN 15, 2013

JAN 31, 2013

FEB 12, 2013

Captain Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director Philip Herbert, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

MAR 2, 2013

Captain Leif Karlsson, Hotel Director Philip Herbert, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

MAR 14, 2013

MAR 27, 2013

I know Tony from the Journey.. not met the others at all. sorry iwill mis carl. .heard good things about him...

Maybe he will be on in August.

can you find out who is the future cruise person? i might know her from the Journey.

Thanks

Robin

Ican not see Tony on rollar skates or drag in the shows. wonder what they will do..

Tony was CD on the Quest in July. Didn't see him on roller skates but he was hilarious in drag. DH and I laughed til it hurt. It was our first time on Azamara but thought he was the best CD we had experienced on a cruise ship.

Thanks for the update, Host Andy, especially given the personal grief you have recently experienced. It helps with our anticipation of our Oct. cruise.

Good to have you back on this forum.

Edited by nordski

Tony was CD on the Quest in July. Didn't see him on roller skates but he was hilarious in drag. DH and I laughed til it hurt. It was our first time on Azamara but thought he was the best CD we had experienced on a cruise ship.

saw him on the Journey but not in a production show asi have seen al l the old ones. .looking forward to the new ones.

Hi Everyone,

Here's a *MAJOR* Update for Journey Sailings from October 4, 2012 - April 3, 2013. Please keep in mind that all information listed below, is subject to change without notice. Enjoy !

JOURNEY SAILING DATE

CAPTAIN / HOTEL DIRECTOR/ CRUISE DIRECTOR

OCT 4, 2012

Captain Jason Ikiadis, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Eric De Gray

OCT 15, 2012

Captain Jason Ikiadis, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

OCT 26, 2012

Captain Jason Ikiadis, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

NOV 4, 2012

NOV 14, 2012

Captain Jason Ikiadis, Hotel Director Fred Bubner, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

NOV 29, 2012

Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Fred Bubner, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

DEC 12, 2012

Captain Johannes Tysse , Hotel Director Fred Bubner, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

DEC 23, 2012

Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Fred Bubner, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

JAN 6 - 13, 2013

DRY DOCK

JAN 13, 2013

Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

JAN 26, 2013

Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Tony Markey

FEB 3, 2013

Captain Jason Ikiadis, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Eric De Gray

FEB 20, 2013

MAR 6, 2013

MAR 20, 2013

APR 3 2013

Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Eric De Gray

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. Azamara has a new Captain on the rota! Stig Nilsen joins Quest on Saturday replacing Captain Johannes who covered for one cruise as Leif Karlsson has decided to retire. Captain Nilsen comes from RCCL. Not sure if anyone here knows of him, but I understand he is a very nice guy. I'll be sailing on Quest on Saturday and looking forward to meeting him.

Phil

Just an update. Azamara has a new Captain on the rota! Stig Nilsen joins Quest on Saturday replacing Captain Johannes who covered for one cruise as Leif Karlsson has decided to retire. Captain Nilsen comes from RCCL. Not sure if anyone here knows of him, but I understand he is a very nice guy. I'll be sailing on Quest on Saturday and looking forward to meeting him.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I do not know much about Captain Nilsen, but he seems to have a nice following from what Ive read on the RCCL forum. I believe that Captain Tysse is the Master of Quest this week. I hope have additional information to share about Captain Nilsen shortly.

I'd like to wish Captain Karlsson all the very best of happiness in his retirement, and Captain Nilsen a huge "Welcome Aboard" to Azamara !

Edited by Host Andy

Phil

Stig Nilsen is onboard the QS this week learning Azamara´s values from Johannes Tysse. Stig has been assigned to the JW for many years and is as you write "a very nice guy".

Johannes will debark on Saturday continuing his vacation until November 29.