Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Hello from the Quest!

Yes, Captain Stig confirmed in a "Captain's Chat" yesterday that will be leaving the Quest on August 17th to take up command of the Brilliance of the Seas. No rumours on board as to who will replace him.

He also told us that Larry Pimentel will be on board from the 26th - 31st. Hmmm....

Sailing up the Elbe River into Hamburg right now. Sun is shining and it is gorgeous!

somewhere i read that Larry was going to be on while i was cruising but could not remember the dates.

Funny, i just was on facebook with a crew member and she did not know Stig was leaving.. Since Bill posted right here that Johaness and Carl were on for the rest of summer and fall the new person whould start in 2014.

Funny, we get the truth here first.

I must say I'm not terribly surprised that Capt Stig is leaving. He did not seem very comfortable when we cruised with him last January. I think a larger ship is more his style. He was a very pleasant gentleman but not particularly outgoing and not particularly visible around the ship (compared to Capt. Carl, with whom we cruised before.)

I must say I'm not terribly surprised that Capt Stig is leaving. He did not seem very comfortable when we cruised with him last January. I think a larger ship is more his style. He was a very pleasant gentleman but not particularly outgoing and not particularly visible around the ship (compared to Capt. Carl, with whom we cruised before.)

Thanks to his younger GF I got to know him a little bit.. i agree with everything you wrote. Johaness and Carl are more A's style. i miss seeing a captain around the ship at ngiht checking up on you.

Edited by ellbon

Interesting idea

Not sure if this would happen as it would leave the two less experienced Masters together, although Jason is rapidly developing as a really great Master on Journey to complement Johannes

We think Jason is a great Master too.

Jenni

I read that thread and was hoping management would know now who we would have as we are less than 3 months out!!

Thanks!

So you will have read that in the last few weeks the Master has been announced as moving on and they are still working on contingencies, the immediate ones involving other Masters giving up part of their precious time with their families. 3 months out is a long way off and things do happen. We are lucky we even get an insight of who might be looking after us on these boards, other lines do not assist with such information.

Whoever you have will look after you well you can have no doubt about that

Edited by uktog

So you will have read that in the last few weeks the Master has been announced as moving on and they are still working on contingencies, the immediate ones involving other Masters giving up part of their precious time with their families. 3 months out is a long way off and things do happen. We are lucky we even get an insight of who might be looking after us on these boards, other lines do not assist with such information.

Whoever you have will look after you well you can have no doubt about that

really enjoyed reading the above comments. At least she knows she has Carl for one cruise.:D it is a start!

On the Royal Caribbean thread his has been mentioned that Captain Henrik Soerensen from Brilliance of the Seas comes to Azamara Quest. he is from Denmark. However, I`m not sure if this is still valid.

Captain Sörensen is not coming to the QS.

Hello Azamara Quest Captain Followers -

Based on an update from ship operations, it might take another 4-6 weeks (mid-September) until we will be able to share with you the name of the new master assigned to the Azamara Quest.

As previously reported, Captain Carl Smith will serve as the Master of the Azamara Quest starting with the August 28th voyage and ending with the October 23rd voyage.

I appreciate your patience. Once the balance of 2013 is set and reconfirmed, Host Andy will post the entire schedule. Also, remember that all schedules are subject to change.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

As previously reported, Captain Carl Smith will serve as the Master of the Azamara Quest starting with the August 28th voyage and ending with the October 23rd voyage.

And Captain Tysse will serve as Master of the QS on the Southampton-Sevilla sailing, starting August 16.

FYI

if any use to anyone

Dear Mr. Kendall:

Thank you for your inquiry. I am pleased to be your contact person and I

appreciate the opportunity to assist with your request.

On the sailing of the Azamara Journey the staffing is scheduled to be:

Voyage starting Sept. 10, 2013 Captain: Jason Ikiadis

Hotel Director: Heike Berdos Cruise Director: Tony Markey

Voyage starting Oct. 26, 2013 Captain: Johannes Tysse

Hotel Director: Heike Berdos Cruise Director: Eric DeGray

Last minute changes, while unlikely, are always possible.

I

Any word yet on who will be the Captain for the Dec. 8th sailing on Quest from Miami?

Hi Linda,

Nothing yet. Please note Bill Leiber's update from August 9th, a few posts back.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on today's update from ship operations, I am unable to share with you the name of the new master to be assigned to the Azamara Quest, starting on November 2, 2013.

Right now, Captain Carl Smith is serving as the Master of the Azamara Quest with his last assignment being the October 23rd voyage.

In the interim, Host Andy will be posting the schedule through the balance of this year for the Hotel Director and Cruise Director.

Also, remember the ever-present disclaimer that all schedules are subject to change and thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Right now, Captain Carl Smith is serving as the Master of the Azamara Quest with his last assignment being the October 23rd voyage.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Captain Carl Smith is leaving the company?