luggage tags HELP

allykatt72710

NCL sends out tags that are like the ones used by the airlines. Peel and Stick. So no need for stapler or tape.

I agree, if you are flying, do not put them on your luggage until the day of your cruise and after your flight. Extra tags could cause your luggage to go one way, while you go another

Unless you want to turn attaching your paper tags into a handy-man project, get the cruise tag holders from favors by serendipity dot com. I ordered ours about 8 weeks before our cruise. It took approx. one week to get them. Good investment, and, since they're reusable, we have another reason to book our next cruise (not that we needed it).:)

Unless you want to turn attaching your paper tags into a handy-man project, get the cruise tag holders from favors by serendipity dot com. I ordered ours about 8 weeks before our cruise. It took approx. one week to get them. Good investment, and, since they're reusable, we have another reason to book our next cruise (not that we needed it).:)

Did the same thing. When you order them, they come with 6 inch plastic bands to attach the tag holders to your luggage. Spend a couple of extra bucks and get the longer bands. They're easier to use. :D

When HAL started their new e-doc program about 3 years ago and we had to print out the luggage tags, I made plastic sleeves for them.

We have no choice but to fly to the various embarkation ports and we always go 2 or 3 days before the cruise. When we are ready to leave the hotel, I attach the tags by using cable ties.

The plastic sleeves that I made in Ocotber 2009 have lasted through quite a few cruises.

I coming in the morning of I don't attach them at all and just use the ones the porters have. If I spend the night in the hotel I just give the paper tags to the bell staff when they collect the bags. They always do a REAL good job with the staples - they must be petrified of complaints coming from a lost tag because they always really overdo it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO those paper tags have a very good chance of coming off without some reinforcement. Last time we boarded in Jax we saw at least 2 or 3 tags blowing across the sidewalk where they had come off even before the bags were taken into the terminal......:eek:

We always laminate ours, punch a hole in them & attach them with a zip tie.

I want to make darn sure I get my bags asap........;)

I've seen the website serendipity dot com mentioned several times, but when I go to the sight and search for luggage tags, it just lists a bunch of other websites that sell them, almost like a google search. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...any ideas?

Thanks!

I've seen the website serendipity dot com mentioned several times, but when I go to the sight and search for luggage tags, it just lists a bunch of other websites that sell them, almost like a google search. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...any ideas?

Thanks!

It should be favors by serendipity dot com mid page it has luggage tags as an option.

I think that we are running two threads on the same issue.

Please realize that "luggage tag holders" that are advertised by websites dedicated to cruisers, are nothing more than vinyl tag protectors that you can find in any industrial supplies store or in any large stationery store for one tenth the price. Search the internet for “tag protectors” or “job ticket holders”. Every manufacturing facility or factory that I've ever been to uses these type of tag protectors or job ticket holders by thousands.

I think that we are running two threads on the same issue.

Please realize that "luggage tag holders" that are advertised by websites dedicated to cruisers, are nothing more than vinyl tag protectors that you can find in any industrial supplies store or in any large stationery store for one tenth the price. Search the internet for “tag protectors” or “job ticket holders”. Every manufacturing facility or factory that I've ever been to uses these type of tag protectors or job ticket holders by thousands.

I absolutely agree. However, the websites I looked at only sell them in bulk (i.e. 50 tags for $31.95) and you still need a way to attach them to your luggage. Favors by Serendipity dot com offers them $2.95 each and include a 6-1/2" vinyl loop to attach to your luggage. They also offer a 9" vinyl loop for an additional 25 cents (which I prefer). Yhey are made of a heavy duty soft vinyl plastic and are very durable. I choose to purchase fron this website because they had exactly what I wanted at what I think is a reasonable price. Besides, IMHO it's just one of those items that are easier to purchase on line then to buy in bulk or to look for an industrial supplies store.

And, of course, there are other, cheaper ways to attach the tags to your luggage that have been mentioned here and on other threads. :D

Aloha

Thanks!

I believe you should search for "cruise tags". These are sleeves sized for the cruise info vs regular luggage tags that you just write your info onto them.

When HAL started their new e-doc program about 3 years ago and we had to print out the luggage tags, I made plastic sleeves for them.

We have no choice but to fly to the various embarkation ports and we always go 2 or 3 days before the cruise. When we are ready to leave the hotel, I attach the tags by using cable ties.

The plastic sleeves that I made in Ocotber 2009 have lasted through quite a few cruises.

Where did you purchase the plastic? Would it be found in a fabric store (like JoAnn Fabrics) or a craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc) ? Thanks for the info! I like the idea of the serendipity tags, but when you start buying for 4 people, and want the multiple tags per bag that many people seem to recommend (one at both handles), they really start to add up, lol. Thanks again!

I believe you should search for "cruise tags". These are sleeves sized for the cruise info vs regular luggage tags that you just write your info onto them.

Where did you purchase the plastic? Would it be found in a fabric store (like JoAnn Fabrics) or a craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc) ? Thanks for the info! I like the idea of the serendipity tags, but when you start buying for 4 people, and want the multiple tags per bag that many people seem to recommend (one at both handles), they really start to add up, lol. Thanks again!

Multiple tags per bag? IMHO, and per my limited experience, you should only need one tag per bag. That's all my DW and I used. Anymore than that seems to be overkill. So, yes if you use multiple tags per bag X 4 people, it couls start to add up. But they are reusable and very durable.

Archived