Select 2012 Transatlanic Sale starts June 1

MCC retired

Hello,

does anybody know if there's a chance to book a crossing from this sheet for European based (esp. for me German based) people? Any hints are appreciated.

Frank

Hello,

does anybody know if there's a chance to book a crossing from this sheet for European based (esp. for me German based) people? Any hints are appreciated.

Frank

Frank, I think that you will need to wait for the start but normally the deals aren't there for the European/German based passengers.

Thanks. I've been watching the 7/27 TA for some time hoping the rates would drop.

A few questions:

Is there a better option than the Cunard insurance plan?

Any idea how much extra they will charge for a B3 instead of a B5?

My guess is London will be a zoo and very expensive with the Olympics starting that week so I may go to Ireland beforehand. Anyone flown into S'Ton from Dublin? Is it better to get to S'Ton the night before?

Anyone have a good agent in the US?

Thanks.

I've done 2 TAs already, but both times I purchased the Cunard insurance and made my way to S'ton from London the day of departure. It doesn't make sense to me to buy a $995 crossing and spend $500/night to stay in London.

My guess is London will be a zoo and very expensive with the Olympics starting that week so I may go to Ireland beforehand. Anyone flown into S'Ton from Dublin? Is it better to get to S'Ton the night before?

Sorry I can't answer your questions, my thoughts back up what you seem to be thinking already;

From what I read/hear, London hotels are fully booked/charging the earth during the Olympics (and shortly before/after). Ireland sounds a great alternative plan.

If you have to use a 'plane, ALWAYS fly the day before sailing, then overnight in Southampton, so much can go wrong with travelling (this includes coming a great distance by car/train as well).

Very best wishes.

Hello,

Frank

My parents live in the UK and I make bookings for them through my US based travel agent, so it might be a good idea to try to contact a US agent and see if they can help you. There is a great agent who is a CC member, but we can't give out her info on this board as far as I know.

Unbelievable rates (like Balcony @ D8 Inside rates + OBC ) for some 2012 Transatlantics .

Your TA will have the info .

Non refundable deposits of course ,but what a deal !:)

http://content.cunard.com/announce/images/899/Diamond%20Jubilee%20Sale%20Fares.pdf

Thanks for the advice. Is there another table with A class cabin prices included? I can't afford the grills and I don't like the in-hull balconies. Any prices for an A2 would be very interesting for me.

There is no other table for this Sale.

Select sailings and categories.

I believe that this sale may also be Cat Guarantee's only , but I'm not

100% sure. Have to wait for June 1st.

A great deal for those that would normally settle for an Inside cabin.

For those that must have a this or that , this Sale may not be for you.

Hello,

does anybody know if there's a chance to book a crossing from this sheet for European based (esp. for me German based) people? Any hints are appreciated. Frank

Hello Frank!

Wir buchen die meisten Fahrten bei einem US-TA. Probier mal Kreuzfahrtbrüder zu übersetzen und du bist auf der Seite. Dort kannst du auch anrufen und fragst nach Bernadette. Bin gespannt ob sie den tread löschen

kind regards

A question:

Anyone have a good agent in the US?

Q-step: I use an online agent in the US to book my Cunard cruises -- very responsive, good rates and onboard credits. I don't know how to PM on this board, so you can email me for TA's email address if you want it. My email is pcmar att netvigator dott com.

I've booked an eastward NYC/Southampton crossing QM 2, 03 - 10 Jan 2013. Since dead of winter, also good rate, about USD 1,000 per person double occupancy, but I'm going solo, so double that.

For cruises out of Southampton, what I do is arrive London day before embarking, stay at hotel near Victoria Station, then catch National Express bus to Southampton next day. Bus takes a bit over 2 hours to NE bus station in Southampton, then taxi, about 7 pounds sterling, to pier, 10 minutes. Bus fare is one way about 7 pounds sterling per person. Since I have only carry on luggage on air flights and travel solo, this method works for me. If you are travelling with Mrs Q-s, and have a lot of luggage, you should investigate other options -- being hire car/taxi, train, direct bus from Heathrow airport to Southampton, Cunard transfer package, etc.

Archived