Late Night Bistro or Buffet?? Who stays up?

nae418

Hello:

Do you stay up for the Late Night Bistro or Buffet? What do they serve and what are some of the themes? Is the Chocolate Buffet still around? What other theme buffets does Carnival have?

I will be on the Victory in August with a lot of family and a few friends, which 6 people will be 1st time cruisers and of course they want to know everything there is to know. I can't remember what the late night buffet offers, I know some of you do, so please help me out. Which theme buffet should not be missed? Happy Sailing!!

Hello:

Do you stay up for the Late Night Bistro or Buffet? What do they serve and what are some of the themes? Is the Chocolate Buffet still around? What other theme buffets does Carnival have?

I will be on the Victory in August with a lot of family and a few friends, which 6 people will be 1st time cruisers and of course they want to know everything there is to know. I can't remember what the late night buffet offers, I know some of you do, so please help me out. Which theme buffet should not be missed? Happy Sailing!!

there is only 1 late night buffet and it's Mexican.

Bill

Hi Bill:

Just 1 late night buffet? Wow, things have certainly changed from my last cruise. I thought something was going on each night... No food is served after dinner? ok. thank you.

Hi Bill:

Just 1 late night buffet? Wow, things have certainly changed from my last cruise. I thought something was going on each night... No food is served after dinner? ok. thank you.

There is some food but it's pizza, room service and ships that haven't gone to 2.0 have the burger place open from 11pm to 1pm.

I don't know how they work it with the 2.0 ships but I think there are only 2 or 3 of them so far.

At least they did the last time i was on CCL.

Bill

From checking the last Funtimes for the Legend, there is a lido "snack"- burgers, dogs and fries every night from 11-1. There is one late night buffet, and my boss can testify that it existed on the Fascination too, aas she went and then ordered room service when she brought her plate back to the cabin...:eek:

the chococate buffet is the last day lunch buffet offering. we eat lunch in the MDR and then head there for dessert. Trust me, no one will go hungry on your cruise, it's just a little less over the edge :)

another cutback.

first they eliminated the gala buffet, and now they got rid of the lido buffet.

I recall hearing that Carnival had determined that their midnight buffet things

were being regarded much more as photo opportunities,

and no-one was actually eating any of it, and so it became an obvious exercise in food wastage!

Folks can only eat so much on a cruise.

Gorging oneself at midnight just a few hrs of inactivity after dinner at 7 or 8

is the way to put on serious pounds

but it seems most folks were more into pictures than Yet Another Meal.

Obviously, their stomachs were begging them...NO MORE, please!

Can't blame Carnival for cutting back on these showy things that people weren't even eating:

so they cut back on wastage

and no-one was actually eating any of it, and so it became an obvious exercise in food wastage!

Can't blame Carnival for cutting back on these showy things that people weren't even eating:

you're talking about the gala buffet in the mdr.

and from personal experience, i personally went back after the photo op was finished, and the trays got decimated. but i'm sure a lot of work went into those presentations. and what wasn't eaten then was put out at the late late buffet arouind 1:30.

but the lido buffet was different than that. that's the one i miss. and never saw anyone taking pictures.

the lido deck was the one I was used to also, in the late 90's it was the mdr, we would line up, take photo, then get in line again to eat the food.

I'll accept that and will still have a good time, but will always remember the way it was. memories... thank you.

Marshhawk:

So there's a chocolate buffet available, during the lunch buffet on the last day

of sailing? right? thank you.

not anything at all from years past. Its at the lido buffet and there are selections and a choc fountain for dipping.

Last few cruises had midnight bites.. i looked at it once.. and moved on

Ok, I know the rules about correcting grammar and spelling, but this isn't about that.

Is that really a real word? I have never heard it before.:p

There lido buffet is open each night from 11:00-1:00. It has burgers, hot dogs, fries, salads, etc. There will be a Mexican buffet the evening of the deck party (except on Liberty as that buffet-type space is gone, replaced with Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana Cantina).

Ok, I know the rules about correcting grammar and spelling, but this isn't about that.

Is that really a real word? I have never heard it before.:p

Dude, it's clear you've been eating too much Conch! :D

You never heard the word wastage before?

On our last cruise (last June).. The Lido grill was open from 11 PM until 1 AM plus there was a special Mexican theme buffet in the middle of the cruise one night. In addition, you have 24/7 free room service that has BLTs, chocolate cake, PB&J, & other goodies! And of course - pizza, Cesar salad & calzone along with ice cream are 24/7. Deli station is open from 11-11 I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to do a search for Guys burgers etc.

because of these new places onboard== are they more congested?

The main buffet lines inside did seem more congested. I only sweep through to get to the salad bar as I prefer to eat at the deli, Cantina, or grill (or Guy's). The omelet station was quite crowded. I used to always go to the one outside, but Blue's Cantina is there now. Blue's does serve breakfast (huevos rancheros, arepes, and breakfast burritos), and there was never a wait. The omelet line was another story...Plus, because they have it where the Mongolian is during lunch, the line backs up into the main buffet and it's kind of a pain/cluster.

I have to do a search for Guys burgers etc.

because of these new places onboard== are they more congested?

of course it's more congested. It's not about your comfort. It's about getting the most bodies onboard to grow revenue. The more bodies and the more bars etc = more $$$$

Bill

of course it's more congested. It's not about your comfort. It's about getting the most bodies onboard to grow revenue. The more bodies and the more bars etc = more $$$$

Bill

argh- i dont think I ever had such a hard time deciding what to do for a cruise

Archived