THREE Adults in one cabin

Rocketlady

Yes, sailed on HAL Amsterdam 14 day Alaska itinerary with my niece and her boyfriend in an oceanview cabin. It worked out quite well actually. My DN and I slept in single beds on either side of the window, and her boyfriend slept on the sofa bed, which he said was quite comfortable. We were in cabin 2707 on the Main Deck, which is considered a Large Oceanview, not a Standard. We had plenty of space and storage. All three of us are campers so we are used to tight spaces and limited storage, but it was not an issue in this case. We worked out a system for bathroom usage for showers, and had more than enough closet and drawer space for three of us for 14 days.

It is a shame that the single supplement exists - very expensive for a person traveling solo in a cabin. If it weren't for that, I'd be sailing back to Alaska again this year - by myself this time - on the lovely MS Amsterdam:rolleyes:.

In a standard cabin it would really be quite tight to have three adults in one room with the single bathroom.

Keith

I did a triple March 2011 with 2 girlfriends aboard Coral Princess on full transit PC cruise. We had mid ship Baja deck balcony. It just took common sense and courtesy and equal sharing of cubby space. No big issues and we saved bucks on the triple!! :D

I did a 14 day Hawaii on HAL's Zaandam in an OV cabin. I was concerned. I'd never done a cruise longer than 8 days and one of the people was a friend of my cousin's, and she has Alzheimers. I just wasn't sure how it was going to work out.

Twins beds under the window, sofa bed along the wall. It was fine.

We staggered our showers. Plenty of closet space. It was really a great cruise.

I'd do it again, solo, but I can't afford it. I've only started sailing solo in the past couple of years. Carnival used to have a 150% supplement then, just when I became a solo cruiser, they did away with it.

I'm still sailing with them because I can usually find a cheap-enough past-guest rate that it is still affordable at 200%. Would prefer HAL or Celebrity, but haven't been able to find decent rates. I know Celebrity and RCI both offer some last-minute solo deals, but I can't do that because of my work schedule. :(

I've checked out NCL Epic's studio cabins, but their base rate is way higher than I was hoping. Even if the total was a little less than Carnival, I can stay in a 185 sq ft cabin on Carnival rather than the tiny studio. Plus, I'm Platinum on Carnival, so might as well continue to get those perks.

Yes, several times. We were always on Princess either to the Caribbean or Mexico. It was a little cramped but all in all, you're really not in your stateroom that much! Depending how much clothing you take, you might not have an abundance of closet or drawer space, but to save on the extra expense, I would do it again.

I haven't done this ...yet! My dh, dd (22 yrs) and ds (17 yrs) will all be sharing a stateroom. We have an oceanview, not a balcony or suite. I'll let you know in a month how it went, lol!

yikes- how much more was it to get another inside cabin across the hall?

Unless you get a 2 room suite, there will still be no privacy in even large, spacious cabins....

You need to stop looking at the 'per person' price....double it and that's what the CABIN costs! That way, you won't feel so ripped off when traveling alone!

I haven't done this ...yet! My dh, dd (22 yrs) and ds (17 yrs) will all be sharing a stateroom. We have an oceanview, not a balcony or suite. I'll let you know in a month how it went, lol!

yikes- how much more was it to get another inside cabin across the hall?

lol, yeah, it might be a bit...cozy :p It was going to be 3 in a room, but when my daughter's internship plans changed,she decided to join us. We'll take the family time as long as we can - I'm sure they'll come a day when the "kids" no longer want to hang with mom and dad :)

lol, yeah, it might be a bit...cozy :p It was going to be 3 in a room, but when my daughter's internship plans changed,she decided to join us. We'll take the family time as long as we can - I'm sure they'll come a day when the "kids" no longer want to hang with mom and dad :)

I did 5 of us in an inside cabin on our first cruise. Didnt know better but we saved over 700 by doing it that way.

Cozy is an understatement= we had a grand ole time. couldnt been too bad coz here we are cruising on #16

I did 5 of us in an inside cabin on our first cruise. Didnt know better but we saved over 700 by doing it that way.

Cozy is an understatement= we had a grand ole time. couldnt been too bad coz here we are cruising on #16

So there's hope we'll leave with a smile (and our sanity!) Thanks!!

Archived