How to contact another CC member??

pepsigirl64

A few years ago I became friendly with another member on a roll call. We felt that our exchanges were on the verge of becoming too personal to be on a public board, but neither of us wanted to publish our email addresses. I have a Yahoo email address which I don't really use, so I gave her that address on the board and once she contacted me there I was able to privately give her my regular email address. We've been in contact ever since as well as meeting on board ship. This method helped us to avoid the risk of spammers!

I do the same thing as Starbright. It works well -- as long as you remember to check the email address you rarely use;) Actually, I did not have an extra email address so I made one up and only use it for CruiseCritic emails.

• 2 months later...

"I really wish Cruisecritic was like Tripadvisor where you can just send a quick message to any user."

And I'm glad it isn't--don't want private emails from a public forum.

The private message feature on Tripadvisor is entirely within the website, it shows up as a message when you log in. Tripadvisor does not give out your email address. You may get a notification from them if you have a PM, but it is from Tripadvisor itself, NOT from the party sending you a message. I actually like that feature, it allows you to communicate privately with another member but does not compromise your personal email information. I often wish CC had a similar feature where you DIDN'T have to post your email address on a public forum in order to converse more privately with a member.

Archived