Off topic

Jancruz

I know this is off topic and I hope you will all forgive me but I have so many friends on this board I cant reach any other way and I wanted to give you all our exciting news..our grandson Cory Jones (Marcys son) was drafted in the 5th round of the Major League Baseball draft yesterday to the St Louis Cardinals. He is a right handed pitcher 6'5" and if I can brag a little he is so handsome..

Sorry for bothering anyone that doesnt know us..but wanted to share the news

Jancruz1

I guess you're proud that he was drafted by the current World Champions and the second winningest team in the history of baseball. If he's in the minors for any time at all he might be here in our local town, (Springfield, MO) as we have the Double A Cardinals here.

Congratulations on his accomplishment and as Cardinal fans we look forward to seeing him.

FWIW, Albert Pujols was a 13th round pick, so considering that the 5th round is still great.

As a female long-time member of SABR (Society for American Baseball Research, home to SABRmetrics), the owner of our season tickets to another NL team and lifelong baseball fan, congratulations, Jan, on this marvelous accomplishment for your grandson! Yes, women, too, can be baseball fans!

Hearty congratulations, Jan! This is at the first reason I have ever had to cheer for the Cardinals!!

Donna

(a Cub fan)

LOL me too, I am also from Chicago originally and a Cub Fan..Cubs had told him they wanted him, but came in to late..

Jancruz1

I know this is off topic and I hope you will all forgive me but I have so many friends on this board I cant reach any other way and I wanted to give you all our exciting news..our grandson Cory Jones (Marcys son) was drafted in the 5th round of the Major League Baseball draft yesterday to the St Louis Cardinals. He is a right handed pitcher 6'5" and if I can brag a little he is so handsome..

Sorry for bothering anyone that doesnt know us..but wanted to share the news

Jancruz1

FANTASTIC!!! Wonderful new. When you comeback down from cloud 9 you can talk all you want about your grandson. I have 7 of them and am proud of each and every one.

~Doris~>who loves being a granny.

Archived