HELP! Carnival WON'T honor Early Saver reduction!!

Rachel83706

I need help. I am completely frustrated and don't know what to do. My TA is completely frustrated and has given up, so it is now on me :eek:

I am going on a group cruise in Aug. 2013 ... but the cabin I wanted was not part of the group rate, so I paid through Carnival Early Saver - with help from the TA who is charge of the group (she was doing me a favor)

The rate has now gone down $57 and my TA has sent many requests that have all been denied ... and they claim the price has not dropped even though we see on the fare checker that it has (and I have copied it)

My TA has put way too much work in arguing with them and she says if I want to pursue it I can, but she can't anymore. She is very angry over this.

She gave me the name and number of the person she was talking to. Maybe $57 doesn't seem worth it ... but it is to me. I just don't know what to do.

Has anyone else been in this situation?? Any advice on how I should proceed?

Is the fare you are seeing on the Carnival fare viewer site? Is the fare still available? What reasons are Carnival giving your TA for denying the reduction? Do you qualify for the lower rate? (if the lower rate is a past guest rate, are you a past guest?)

I would call the person she spoke with and discuss with them the reasons for not allowing the fare reduction.

giving you the name/number for someone at Carnival will not make a difference as they will not talk to you. Booking with a TA put's the responsibility on her completely. Are you sure it's the same category that you booked with. Why not send us the info and let someone check as well. Carnival has no reason to deny anything if it is eligible...

Is the fare you are seeing on the Carnival fare viewer site? Is the fare still available? What reasons are Carnival giving your TA for denying the reduction? Do you qualify for the lower rate? (if the lower rate is a past guest rate, are you a past guest?)

I would call the person she spoke with and discuss with them the reasons for not allowing the fare reduction.

It is a regular rate ... but I am a past guest.

My TA told me that they are saying the rate of a 9B cabin has not dropped :confused: But I see it with my own eyes ... and the TA sees it too!

I guess I just need to call.

Give them a call~just make sure you are comparing apples to apples it must be same category i.e.; 6E-6E and they will explain if you are not due the price reduction. I have done several and the ones that were rejected I understood why after it was explained. BTW I never had any luck when I used a TA only after I started booking with Carnival but that probably was my TA, or my inexperience with cruising!

OP - did you really book ES? I suspect that whoever booked you put you in a different fare category and you are past final payment which means that you are not entitled to a fare reduction.

giving you the name/number for someone at Carnival will not make a difference as they will not talk to you. Booking with a TA put's the responsibility on her completely. Are you sure it's the same category that you booked with. Why not send us the info and let someone check as well. Carnival has no reason to deny anything if it is eligible...

I am looking at the Carnival fare checker http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

I am a 9B on Miracle Aug 20 2013

It says $3058 ... add $301.94 in tax = 3359.94

I paid $3416

Please make sure you are checking the correct category (9B-same deck etc) and know that the Fare Checker does NOT include taxes or port fees, so while it looks like the price has dropped, you have to add in your other stuff before comparing rates.

On your PC, have a window open with the Fare Checker, open another window and go to Carnival.com - find your sailing, and do a mock booking (choosing your category etc). Check the fare on the right side...it will show the base plus taxes and port fees and give you the total. Compare those prices to the Fare Checker, and if there is any difference in the end dollar amount to what you paid, then you are due some money off what's owing, or if after final payment, you would get some OBC.

Take a screen shot of the pricing

Remember though, you cannot request the price drop...you booked with a TA, and they have the control over your booking - not you.

Good Luck, and hopefully you get some $.

**** Just saw your last post...I did a mock booking and can't come up with the numbers you have ? What cabin / What Deck ?? ****

OP, a lot of people post this same complaint with no back up like you did, for instance saying they booked a 6C but it turns out they are looking at the OV gty price.

Since we dont know what you are seeing .. no one knows if the price dropped or not to help.

There has to be some facts we dont know ..

OP, a lot of people post this same complaint with no back up like you did, for instance saying they booked a 6C but it turns out they are looking at the OV gty price.

Since we dont know what you are seeing .. no one knows if the price dropped or not to help.

There has to be some facts we dont know ..

She did post what she is looking at...the post I responded to

OP - did you really book ES? I suspect that whoever booked you put you in a different fare category and you are past final payment which means that you are not entitled to a fare reduction.

LOL! My cruise is Aug. 20 2013 ... not passed final payment ;)

Yes I am Early Saver

Yes I checked Cabin 9B

Yes factored in tax

Still frustrated ... but I DO appreciate all your help. I am going to fill out the form myself and give them a call a little later. It is worth a try

I am looking at the Carnival fare checker http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

I paid $3416

If you paid $3058 vs 3416, then you paid less

the prices shown are before add on fees and taxes .. so that might be the difference.

I need help. I am completely frustrated and don't know what to do. My TA is completely frustrated and has given up, so it is now on me :eek:

I am going on a group cruise in Aug. 2013 ... but the cabin I wanted was not part of the group rate, so I paid through Carnival Early Saver - with help from the TA who is charge of the group (she was doing me a favor)

The rate has now gone down $57 and my TA has sent many requests that have all been denied ... and they claim the price has not dropped even though we see on the fare checker that it has (and I have copied it)

My TA has put way too much work in arguing with them and she says if I want to pursue it I can, but she can't anymore. She is very angry over this.

She gave me the name and number of the person she was talking to. Maybe $57 doesn't seem worth it ... but it is to me. I just don't know what to do.

Has anyone else been in this situation?? Any advice on how I should proceed?

Verify on your Confirmation documentation that you ARE booked Early Saver - in the "Terms" section there should be phrases like "non-refundable deposit" and "no name changes". Make sure that you are definitely NOT (inadvertently) part of that Group Booking.

Make sure you are following through on the FareViewer or Mock Booking that you are doing - the initial displays are only for the lowest fare/Booking being ofered - you have to continue thru the process to the fare actual Cabin Category that you are in - many people seem to make this mistake!

Make sure that you're looking at the correct ship/date and that you are doing the comparison for the total of all passengers in the cabin (sometimes the PAX 1 and PAX 2 will go down, but PAX 3 and PAX 4 may go up - you have to take the sumof increases/decreases for all in the cabin).

As someone suggested, see if the "Govt Fees and Taxes" for your specific cruise have gone up since you booked - if they have, Carnival subtracts these from the price adjustment.

Make sure you're price-matching to a fare that you ARE normally eligible to book. Make sure you're not attempting to price-match to a "Guarantee Booking" in which case the rules can be a bit different.

Ask TA to make one last effort, a conference call with TA, yourself and Carnival, and get them to very specifically explain the discrepancy until you understand it - your TA should be able to help interpret for you.

Normally it's confusion on one of the above items! What cruise, date, category are you booked and what are you price-matching to?

Ken

to help you out I did a mock booking for the same date for 2 in a Prem. Balcon. See prices below after tax:

ES: 2,799.94

Fun Saver: 2,999

Fun Select: 3,219

You sure you booked Early Saver, I have a different total...

I paid $3416

OP, What fare code did you book under--was it Early Saver, Past Guest, or the regular Fun Select rate?

Also, how many people are in your 9B cabin?

Also, does the $3416 that you told us you paid include government taxes and fees (or any prepaid gratuities and/or vacation protection)?

These variables make a difference when comparing prices.

Sometimes Carnival is difficult to deal with. I went on line to look for a Mexican Riviera cruise for my anniversay. We had done it the year before and met a very nice group also celebrating. We all said we would try to go again next year. I had gone in without inputting my name, and found a good price. It was a little over $100 less than we paid the year before, but last year was a Spa cabin, and there is a $109 up charge to have one of those cabins. There was nothing to make me think this was anything but a good deal. I tried to call my TA, but they were not available that day, so I decided to go forward and book it myself. I filled out the forms on-line, but there was a problem with it going through. It said someone else had that email address. Yes, ME! I called Carnival help desk and the IT people said to put in a fake email and then change it later, that the system wasn't recognizing me. I did that and completed the reservation. When it came time to pay it said there was an error. So I called Carnival again, they said they would help me book it. I went through all the info again, and they gave me a total $600 more than it was showing on my screen. We went back and forth and finally she said, 'send a screen shot of the price". She took the screen shot to a supervisor who said she didn't understand why it showed that price, but the cruise really cost what they were saying. They claimed they could not honor the price we both were seeing on my screen shot, unless i wanted an inside instead of a balcony I expalined that this was in line with what I paid last year. They said a higher up would get back to me, and even though I called and left many messages I was never contacted.

So I used a different line for my anniversary cruise, and did the Calif. Coastal, a trip I know we liked better than we would have doing Mexico again.

I paid $3416

Do you have more than 2 people in the cabin? I have seen the rate go down for the first 2 but the 3rd increased so overall the rate stayed the same.

If your TA will not go to bat for you any longer, then perhaps she/he needs to transfer the booking to Carnival so you can deal with them. As long as the booking is with a TA, Carnival won't do anything for you.

I realize it is frustrating for the TA, but that's what she gets paid for. Favor or no favor, it's her job.

The rate that OP is currently seeing ,$3359.94 (for 2 guests) is rate code

PPBP27 plus port and tax which is the current ES cruise rate ($1300p/p) for 9B

I have a hunch that OP $3416 price that was originally booked , includes

an extra charge for something ?? Also it is an even $3416 ??? Taxs alone shoud have made that 3416 and change ?

It is a regular rate ... but I am a past guest.

My TA told me that they are saying the rate of a 9B cabin has not dropped :confused: But I see it with my own eyes ... and the TA sees it too!

I guess I just need to call.

What do you mean when you say "it's a regular rate" that you're matching to??? Is it FunSaver (by any chance)? Is it Past Guest rate with Upgrades included? Is i the Early Saver rate?

ken

to help you out I did a mock booking for the same date for 2 in a Prem. Balcon. See prices below after tax:

ES: 2,799.94

Fun Saver: 2,999

Fun Select: 3,219

You sure you booked Early Saver, I have a different total...

Yes, in a 9B cabin not all premium balconies are 9B ... I didn't know that at first either and I had originally thought the price dropped a lot more! :D

I am tired of explaining!!

I appreciate everyone's help but you have to read what I wrote:

I AM EARLY SAVOR 9B cabin 7299 to Alaska Aug 20 2013

I am on the fare-checker page looking at EARLY SAVER 9B cabin. I can't do a mock booking today (I did a few days ago) because the cabins they are giving me under premium balcony are not 9B ...

I have documented everything with screen shot

I will let you guys know when I talk to someone :)

Archived