WOW question

This morning my TA sent an e-mail offering OBC and pre-paid gratuitues for booking during the WOW sale. I don't think I can use my D+ balcony discount during this "sale", can I? If not, then I certainly won't book now.

How about Royal Caribbean Visa points? Can you use onboard credit from your visa points on top of the onboard credit received by booking during the WOW sale?

Yes...Visa Points is the only thing you can combine with this sale

Do we have to call RC to get the reduced deposit & onboard credit or can we do it on-line? (I've only been on RC once and we booked it with RC directly, so I'm not sure).

It Say's you can do it online but the reduced deposit does not show...so if it were me I would just call...

Do we have to call RC to get the reduced deposit & onboard credit or can we do it on-line? (I've only been on RC once and we booked it with RC directly, so I'm not sure).

For bookkeeping reasons, it is better to call RCI. If you do it online, the OBC wont show up at first (although it will be posted several weeks later) and it will indicate that you still owe the remaining deposit (which you don;t)

It Say's you can do it online but the reduced deposit does not show...so if it were me I would just call...

Ok, thanks!! I sure didn't want to book it on-line and then not get the reduced deposit/onboard credit.

Thanks!!

no, you cannot combine C&A benefits with WOW benefits

Please don't take this wrong way but, are you sure about this? I have never booked during a WOW sale but I was planning on doing so tomorrow. I won't be able to use my balcony discount? I don't mind paying the full deposit, we have to pay the amount eventually anyways, but I would like to use my balcony discount and still get the OBC. This isn't allowed?

Please don't take this wrong way but, are you sure about this? I have never booked during a WOW sale but I was planning on doing so tomorrow. I won't be able to use my balcony discount? I don't mind paying the full deposit, we have to pay the amount eventually anyways, but I would like to use my balcony discount and still get the OBC. This isn't allowed?

Yes, absolutley DonnaK is right. I called this morning to book my EOS cruise during the WOW sale, but noted the "fine print" in the offer. I asked ....and sure enough cannot use my Diamond balcony discount.

"Only one or the other" I was told. Hmmm...OBC for additional 25 bucks, or use my balcony discount for 125? Gosh...hard to decide on that one! ;)

Still had one last leftover "next cruise" and booked with that to secure cabin choice,

with the 100 bucks on file already, that holds it with the 25.00 OBC (for 3-5 night cruises).

Seems unfair to me too, but that's life. :eek: :(

This morning my TA sent an e-mail offering OBC and pre-paid gratuitues for booking during the WOW sale. I don't think I can use my D+ balcony discount during this "sale", can I? If not, then I certainly won't book now.

If those perks are coming directly from the TA and not RCL, then you should still have the option of taking the WOW OBC and reduced deposit or your C&A benefit, whichever gives you the better outcome. You cannot combine, but you can choose the better option.

"Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply"

Can't say that I said "WOW" when I checked the sale, prices did not seem to go down at all, not much WOW in the WOW sale in my book.

I REALLY wish RCL would come up with a better name for this promotion than a WOW Sale...it isn't a SALE!!! Some prices went up...some went down...some stayed the same....it's a booking promotion offering reduced deposits & onboard credit...yet everytime they run it there are pages & pages of post's by people who think they are going to see a drop in prices...ok...Rant over...not that RCL listens to anything I say anyhow...otherwise the upgrade fairy would have visited before now...;)

Check with your TA. My TA's website actually clearly says that it's combinable with C&A balcony discount, so it's possible that yours is doing it too.

It's more likely your TA is offering OBC to match what you would receive from RCL...the terms & conditions of the WOW promotion clearly state it is NOT combinable...

I REALLY wish RCL would come up with a better name for this promotion than a WOW Sale...it isn't a SALE!!! Some prices went up...some went down...some stayed the same....it's a booking promotion offering reduced deposits & onboard credit...yet everytime they run it there are pages & pages of post's by people who think they are going to see a drop in prices...ok...Rant over...not that RCL listens to anything I say anyhow...otherwise the upgrade fairy would have visited before now...;)

Sorry to be one of the pages and pages of folks looking for a price drop, but you are correct, a different way of marketing this promotion would be a good idea. There was just no WOW in WOW.

If the price drops bvetween now & December can I call RCL & get the price decrease like I usually do?

Yes, as long as it is before final payment, and it is not a Tuesday special for new bookings only.

these wow sales from rccl are really for the novice cruisers-c&a members do not benefit because of all of the restrictions,no bal. discounts etc.-if you are doing wow a TA is beneficial because she can often combine.....

these wow sales from rccl are really for the novice cruisers-c&a members do not benefit because of all of the restrictions,no bal. discounts etc.-if you are doing wow a TA is beneficial because she can often combine.....

I disagree. I am not a novice cruiser. With the OBC from my TA and RC I am gettting a better deal then using a c&a certificate or other perk for my sailing.:)

WOW or next cruise cert which is the better deal?

Next Cruise Certificate!! With that you only need to put $100 deposit Wow sale is 50% deposit...only need 1 name on the Certificate...AND you can combine the Next Cruise with either a balcony discount if you are eligible for one OR a Crown & Anchor coupon...

WOW or next cruise cert which is the better deal?

Next Cruise. You get the same OBC from RCL as the WOW sale, you can use either a Savings Certificate (if one's available for your cruise) or the Balcony Discount if you're Platinum or above, you only have to plunk down $100 to get one, and you can still transfer it to your TA and get whatever perks they toss in.

And there's one reason I am not loyal to any one line. No incentive to book early here. At least with Carnival, if you book early and there is a price drop, you get it, or you get OBC if already paid in full. In this case, if I booked early, I should also get the onboard credit. Especially if the price of the cruise did not increase to make up for the 100.00 credit (which mine did not). Those booking after me got an incentive I didn't get. :confused:

Oh well, live and learn. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. That's why there are other lines out there.

Archived