Celebrity emails

dmp223

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I have cruised; indicated on the Celebrity website/contests/Captains Club area, that I would like to receive email communications, I never, ever receive any emails. So, I have basically given up.

Had a good laugh earlier, lo and behold, finally! an email from Celebrity... however it was an email intended for our friends in the UK, complete with pricing in British pounds, etc...

So, I am curious, for anyone who has been in my predicament, is there anything you can do to insure you are getting emails from Celebrity?

From what I can tell, no. I have the same issue. I've emailed Captains Club, I've called, I have signed up for emails multiple times. Still don't get the emails. They have responded to my Captains Club emails, apologizing that I don't get emails and promising to add me to the list, but it never happens.:(

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I have cruised; indicated on the Celebrity website/contests/Captains Club area, that I would like to receive email communications, I never, ever receive any emails. So, I have basically given up.

Had a good laugh earlier, lo and behold, finally! an email from Celebrity... however it was an email intended for our friends in the UK, complete with pricing in British pounds, etc...

So, I am curious, for anyone who has been in my predicament, is there anything you can do to insure you are getting emails from Celebrity?

Hi Dmp223,

For those who've reported problems, it seems to be quite difficult to resolve. If you haven't done so already, you can try this page on Celebrity's website : http://www.celebritycruises.com/specials/promotions.do?pagename=limited_time_offers_gateway&tab=signupemail

Other than that, another suggestion is to call Captains Club. Ask for a supervisor, and see if they can assist.

I hope this helps !

If you are having a problem with any part of Celebrity's web site, I suggest you assume (with 99% accuracy) that whatever the problem, it will never be fixed....and find alternate ways to get the information.

Personally, I am convinced that web/computer problems are written on small pieces of paper, inserted in bottles and dropped in the Atlantic at Celebrity HQ in Florida....with the hope that they will reach their programmers in Nepal some day.

If you are having a problem with any part of Celebrity's web site, I suggest you assume (with 99% accuracy) that whatever the problem, it will never be fixed....and find alternate ways to get the information.

Personally, I am convinced that web/computer problems are written on small pieces of paper, inserted in bottles and dropped in the Atlantic at Celebrity HQ in Florida....with the hope that they will reach their programmers in Nepal some day.

Thanks for truly making me laugh out loud with your reply, ghstudio!!! Also to everyone for the replies and fellow commiserating.. ;)

Its just sad that such an great opportunity for marketing is missed! Thank goodness for Cruise Critic and info provided by fellow cruisers, its where I normally come looking for information regarding Tuesday's specials, etc..

Celebrity has really missed the mark on anything shoreside. Thank goodness they get everything right on their ships!

I have never succeeded in getting on this "privileged" list, no matter how many tries or requests. I've given up. I depend on the great folks on Cruise Critic to keep me in the loop!

Other cruiselines bombard me with e-mail, brochures, etc., etc. They seem to want my business. On Celebrity, I can't even get one of my upcoming cruises to show up in My Celebrity.

If my onboard experience were the same as my experience with shoreside operations, I would long ago have moved on to another cruiseline.

Hi Dmp223,

For those who've reported problems, it seems to be quite difficult to resolve. If you haven't done so already, you can try this page on Celebrity's website : http://www.celebritycruises.com/specials/promotions.do?pagename=limited_time_offers_gateway&tab=signupemail

Other than that, another suggestion is to call Captains Club. Ask for a supervisor, and see if they can assist.

I hope this helps !

Andy I tried this immediately as I am in the same position as the other OPs.

I opened the link and received this message : "You have already opted in for email. pls check with our customer service for more details." - So seems like I am back to square one :D Any other suggestions ?

Andy I tried this immediately as I am in the same position as the other OPs.

I opened the link and received this message : "You have already opted in for email. pls check with our customer service for more details." - So seems like I am back to square one :D Any other suggestions ?

Hi Michidoeme,

Believe me, I've been in the same situation. From 2008-2011, I rarely received anything, and when I did, something was usually incorrect. It wasnt until I spoke with a wonderful person at Captains Club, who was able to resolve the matter. It took time, and a great deal of perseverance, but it paid off !

Here's 2 suggestions : I've just found this number - Celebrity's web assistance desk, at 1-800-722-5941. As mentioned in my earlier post, I'd call Captains Club, and ask to speak with a supervisor. I hope either of the above suggestions will provide a resolution for you, and our other Celebrity friends who are having issues. Good Luck !

Archived