Can you buy Bonine on Oasis of the Seas?

Just courious when you say it works great...have you used it because you were sea sick and it stopped it? OR just to prevent it? I don't get "sea sick " on a ship but I do get "motion sick" If I go on an amusment ride. Would love to find something that works with out making me so darned tired like the dramamine does !! DH loves rollercoasters and I use to until I got older and now I can't take the motion without felling like I am going to lose luch :o.

As others have said, what works for some people will not work for others. But for me, Bonine works for all types of motion sickness. We can't buy it in Australia but I stock up whenever we travel to the US and I have been able to enjoy all the rides at Universal Studios, etc, which I would never even think about doing without the medication!

• 3 weeks later...

i cannot ride in the back seat of a vehicle (motion sickness) Boinine has enabled me to take long bus trips and van trips when i couldn't before i used pills: i do generally take along gingersnaps to settle my stomach for the plane portion of my trip:

The free pills work but they put me to sleep. I think it was just plain meclizine but I was having a problem & couldn't be fussy. The Bonine didn't knock me out so you definitely want to get it if you can.

Meclizine is the generic for Bonine. It may help if you take the tablet at night before going to sleep instead of in the morning.

• 1 month later...
Just courious when you say it works great...have you used it because you were sea sick and it stopped it? OR just to prevent it? I don't get "sea sick " on a ship but I do get "motion sick" If I go on an amusment ride. Would love to find something that works with out making me so darned tired like the dramamine does !! DH loves rollercoasters and I use to until I got older and now I can't take the motion without felling like I am going to lose luch :o.

I haven't gotten sea sick yet (knock on wood) but I do get motion sick. For me the motion ease works to stop that queasy, rolling tummy feeling. The bottle is so small I put it in my pocket and have had to use it maybe 4 or 5 times in 5 cruises.

This is a very informative post. Thanks everyone.

Question regarding my young kids. They will be on their first cruise Oct 14. Ages are 3 and 6. Is there something safe for them to take if needed? We are in Canada so I am not sure if the same things are available here as in the U.S.

This is a very informative post. Thanks everyone.

Question regarding my young kids. They will be on their first cruise Oct 14. Ages are 3 and 6. Is there something safe for them to take if needed? We are in Canada so I am not sure if the same things are available here as in the U.S.

There is Childrens Bonine but I really recommend you speak to your pediatrician about what would be best for your kids. Dosing for kids goes by weight so what works for one 3 yr old might over or under dose another.

Have you tried sea bands? While on our last cruise I went to buy Dramamine and they were sold out, so I bought my son the sea bands. They worked great! I've since used them for several road trips and now I won't go on a trip without them!

i used to take bonine when i cruise. Unfortunately the ones i bought last time when i was in the states have expired. Bonine used to be available here in canada in the name of bonamine but has since been discontinued. My flight time is really tight and i can only hope that i can buy some on the ship. Does anyone know if oasis has this on board?

yes in the gift shop/liquor store

Archived