HAL Grandparents Taking 11 on Carnival

brainyblonde

DH turns 70, taking family on Carnival cruise for a week. Since we have 137 days on HAL, it will be a change. I posted on the Carnival Board, but thought maybe my HAL buddies couold help also. Will miss HAL, but 11 on Carnival, four balconies, was costly enough!

Advice?

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

I'm not sure what advice you're looking for, but go and have fun with your family. Carnival is a good line for a family, and I think price wise it's a good value. I sail both HAL and Carnival, but have different expectations of each.

Roz

Go with an open mind and no expectations other than to enjoy being with your family !

Carnival is just another product and that offers a different experince. Do not constantly compare Carnival to HAL as it will only impact yours and your family's cruise experience. Remember the main focus of the cruise is to enjoy being with your family regardless of the cruise line.

I've often said if we were taking our kids (now grown) and grandkids (also grown) on a cruise it would definitely be Carnival or RCCL. I think there's more for them to do and enjoy on those lines. Have a wonderful time and happy birthday to him!!

DH turns 70, taking family on Carnival cruise for a week. Since we have 137 days on HAL, it will be a change. I posted on the Carnival Board, but thought maybe my HAL buddies couold help also. Will miss HAL, but 11 on Carnival, four balconies, was costly enough!

Advice?

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

Wow. You folks are nice......and BRAVE!:D

I think a lot depends on the age of the kids. We took our families with kids 4,4 and 7 and they really enjoyed HAL. I recommended RCI to a friend with a teenager but they didn't really like it. We haven't tried Carnival. Let us know how it goes.

Advice?

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

Awe, just go have a good time with all the family and then come back to Hal.

I was pleasantly surprised on our recent winter Carnival cruise with children, grandchildren, In-laws and out-laws :). We hadn't been on Carnival for 15 yrs, the last time all the family cruised together.

carnival beds were comfy, staff was attentive, our MDR waiter was amazing, and the food good. did I miss my library at sea? Yes.. True, the main pool area had the jumbo screen, all the contests, etc...but we spent a lot of time at the aft adult pool - and I could swear I was sitting at the HAL pool, how quiet and relaxed it was. Not a lot of kids on the cruise as it was before the big Feb presidents week crush and March winter break.

I was so surprised and impressed I am booked on Carnival for the Panama Canal, because the ports are great - only one Mexican port - and the price was phenomenal.....I could barely get an inside on HAL for the price I am paying for a balcony. the Miracle is about the size of a HAL vista shop, and apparently has the best passenger:space ratio of all the Carnival ships - so I've read .

Will I miss HAL? Yes, but I am booked on another HAL cruise for the following winter.:D

I was pleasantly surprised on our recent winter Carnival cruise with children, grandchildren, In-laws and out-laws :). We hadn't been on Carnival for 15 yrs, the last time all the family cruised together.

carnival beds were comfy, staff was attentive, our MDR waiter was amazing, and the food good. did I miss my library at sea? Yes.. True, the main pool area had the jumbo screen, all the contests, etc...but we spent a lot of time at the aft adult pool - and I could swear I was sitting at the HAL pool, how quiet and relaxed it was. Not a lot of kids on the cruise as it was before the big Feb presidents week crush and March winter break.

I was so surprised and impressed I am booked on Carnival for the Panama Canal, because the ports are great - only one Mexican port - and the price was phenomenal.....I could barely get an inside on HAL for the price I am paying for a balcony. the Miracle is about the size of a HAL vista shop, and apparently has the best passenger:space ratio of all the Carnival ships - so I've read .

Will I miss HAL? Yes, but I am booked on another HAL cruise for the following winter.:D

Enjoy the Grapes in the dining room...lol. Keep in mind when you see them that at one it's first dry dockings they toned em' down some. They were REALLY Loud.. lol

Hugh in Dallas.

Advice?

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

God Bless You!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you haven't yet booked, I highly suggest a Spirit class ship! They are the best on Carnival. Less people and they flow perfectly!

Advice?

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

How fantastic to take the family on a cruise.

Have an absolutely fabulous time.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
The Miracle is a Spirit class ship.

Hugh in Dallas

Yes I know, having sailed her! However, in the original question the OP didn't mention the ship.

Enjoy the Grapes in the dining room...lol. Keep in mind when you see them that at one it's first dry dockings they toned em' down some. They were REALLY Loud.. lol

Seen pics of it, may have to wear sunglasses to dinner? :eek:

I'm sure the Miracle will be fine, I've heard good reports on her.

Having sailed Carnival once I would never return. HAL has so much class and the people are much different than the Carnival crowd. This is the 3rd year that 20 family members spanning 3 generations are sailing on the Veendam to Bermuda. The kids range in age from 9 through 18 and they love HAL as much as those of us in our 40's and 50's and the grandparents in their 80's. I'd rather be in a lesser cabin on HAL than be in one of the best cabins on Carnival.

Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes! Cruise Critic has HEART!

Our adult children have cruised HAL for big anniversaries (without the kids), and loved every minute. We are all going with a fun attitude for a "fun ship". As DH is BIg Daddy (paying for everything, including gratuities and shipboard charges) for the eleven of us in four balconies, CCL gave us the best price.

Again, see you on a HAL ship, just not this time!

Brainyblonde

Seen pics of it, may have to wear sunglasses to dinner? :eek:

I'm sure the Miracle will be fine, I've heard good reports on her.

I loved the Miracle, then I met the Oosterdam...lol

Hugh in Dallas

Archived