Best lobster roll at Quincy Market, Boston??

zebra

We had lobster roll in Quincy Market, but I cannot remember the name of the place. It was VERY pricey, but it was good. We didn't know where to go , so we judged that the place that had the longest line must have the best food!;)

We had lobster roll in Quincy Market, but I cannot remember the name of the place. It was VERY pricey, but it was good. We didn't know where to go , so we judged that the place that had the longest line must have the best food!;)

I have also had lobster rolls in Quincy Market that were great - the place with the silver stools! Have no idea what the name was....

I have also had lobster rolls in Quincy Market that were great - the place with the silver stools! Have no idea what the name was....

Also if you like people try Durgan Park haven't been in awhile. They had bench seating like picnic tables. Was fun a few times others not so much, but always loved the food.

Laura

No one. Walk the five minutes to Neptune Oyster (in the North End) for the best lobster roll in the city. Then stop by Modern Pastry for, well, everything pastry.

This is the correct answer.

Also if you like people try Durgan Park haven't been in awhile. They had bench seating like picnic tables. Was fun a few times others not so much, but always loved the food.

Laura

Durgin Park is a fun experience, but it's more about the "rude" wait staff and not about the food. Faneuil Hall in total is more about the experience than the food. Important to understand that going in.

As mentioned before - take a short walk and go to Neptune Oyster in the North End (Boston's Little Italy). My preference, however, is for Maria's pastry rather than Modern. It's around the corner from Neptune and has great stuff. Enjoy your time in town. :)

Another vote for Maria's Pastry Shop!

Best canollis, hands down...filled to order so not sitting in case getting soggy as is the case with some of the more popular, touristy shops. Several fillings from which to choose as well as different shells...truly scrumptious.:)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this thread is a few months old, but I would recommend another little place where we ate huge, lovely lobster rolls and the best lobster bisque! James Hook and Co., 15 Northern Avenue, Boston. Get out of Quincy Market - it's way crowded, you are a captive audience there and they can charge you whatever they want. A small lobster roll at James Hook was $13, a large one was $16. Unbelievably generous portions of real lobster meat, no fillers, no extra "stuff". Gorgeous. :)

J Hook is good. There are many options away from Faniel Hall/Quincy Market as it's kind of touristy and pricier, that said, there are so many food options there, that you can find something.

Mikes, Maria's & Modern pastry in the North End, try any of them, you'll not be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived