Vow renewal ceremony

Doglovertoo

I booked it ahead of time with Ships Services..But DH had agreed to it before we left.. The Captain will decide on the day/time & it's usually on a formal night..

I also wore a very fancy dress which I had worn to our Son's wedding & DH took his TUX.. Our's was in 2010 on the Noordam..

Be sure to get a picture done either before the ceremony or the day after..The only pic I have is with me in tears! :)

Edited by serendipity1499

I think I will go ahead and book it but is it better to book it with ship services once I am on board or do it online ahead of time?

I would book it ahead of time, so they can plan it in the Captain's schedule.

As already mentioned, it is normally on a formal night.

On our cruise, no one had done it the entire summer season (we were on the last NE/Canada cruise for the Maasdam for the season), so they were a bit unprepared (but worked out great).

Edited by DaveOKC

We have done the ROV twice! Once on the Westerdam a few years ago, and then again last year on the Zuiderdam for our 40th Anniversary. Both times we booked it in advance. Both times we were the only couple, along with the Captain, and planner.

The Vows cake was brought to our table in the MDR that evening.

• 8 months later...

We will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam in December and was wondering how the ROV ceremony is on this ship. We will be celebrating our 45th anniversary and wanted to do something special for it. We did a ROV on NCL for our 30th and on Holland for our 35th which were both great and special. but wanted to make sure it would still be worth the price they are now charging. DH always says he didn't know our marriage contract expired. but he is always a good sport and a romantic at heart. Has anyone done a ROV recently?

my husband and I had one less than a year ago on the Oosterdam and it was wonderful. I believe it was in the Piano bar at about 7:30pm. When we boarded we found food goodies and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. Then we waited until the Captain sent us a note a few days later as to time and date. He had two lovely ladies coordinating the entire thing. Since it was only my husband and I (we could have had other guests if we wanted) we enjoyed the champagne, and cake all to ourselves. They took lovely pictures and before we left the ship a week later they gave us a beautiful photo album with wonderful quotes and our pictures. Absolutely worth the money.

We celebrated our 49th anniversary on the Westerdam this past April. I found out that Kainoa (on board port guide) was an ordained minster and that he did Vow renewals - and in Polynesian. What could be better - we were in Pape'ete, Tahiti. The ceremony included lais and pareos. We invited 20 CC friends to join us and afterwards 6 of us went to the Pinnacle for dinner. It was a very memorable evening. We will be n the Zuiderdam this April when we celebrate our 50th - hmmm, dare I suggest to DH another renewal?

We celebrated our 49th anniversary on the Westerdam this past April. I found out that Kainoa (on board port guide) was an ordained minster and that he did Vow renewals - and in Polynesian. What could be better - we were in Pape'ete, Tahiti. The ceremony included lais and pareos. We invited 20 CC friends to join us and afterwards 6 of us went to the Pinnacle for dinner. It was a very memorable evening. We will be n the Zuiderdam this April when we celebrate our 50th - hmmm, dare I suggest to DH another renewal?

Yes, Yes, Yes..Suggest it again! As you know it is well worth it but another one will be different than the first one! Your ceremony in Tahiti sounds wonderful..