Sabatinis for Breakfast on the Golden

nancycoop1

HI - just got an upgrade to a suite - best upgrade ever . We noticed that Sabatinis for breakfast is one of the perks. What is Sabatini's like for breakfast. Is the menu any different from the main dining room? Thanks

We recently cruised and ate at Sabatini's. I know I got a bagel and smoked salmon. I also got a belgian waffle one day and french toast another. My dh also got pancakes. The menu is the same every day. Juices, cereals, fresh fruit, toast, english muffins. There are also a couple of omelets and eggs you can get. I hear you can ask for things that are not on the menu. We ate in the main dining room 1x and I don't think it had french toast and/or the belgian waffle. Sabatini's is nice because it is quiet and a small restaurant. At most 5 tables were filled although usually we saw no more than 3 or 4 at a time. The wait staff was wonderful. Oh and we also got hot chocolate. Yummy.

HI - just got an upgrade to a suite - best upgrade ever . We noticed that Sabatinis for breakfast is one of the perks. What is Sabatini's like for breakfast. Is the menu any different from the main dining room? Thanks

Sabatini's menu is very basic as another poster noted. You can ask for anything you wish however and they will deliver it withour question.

Jamie,

Long time no see!!!! How are you???

We look forward to going every morning and have so much fun with the waiters BUt have been on some cruises where it was packed and it totally changes the atmosphere. Not sure how many more suites have beed added to the new Royal but things could change for the worse in the future if they add more suites. I love it when there are only a hand full of tables full _ I guess Princess has spoiled me.

Remember Toto's Live report from the Tathi cruise where it was jam packed every morning because so many VIP's were invited.

Anyway, you will love it and it will be had to cruise in anything other than a suite from now on. Have fun.

Agree with others - breakfast in Sabattini's is a fabulous perk. The staff has always been awesome (lots of fun) and they will bring you anything you ask for - menu or not.

Jamie,

Long time no see!!!! How are you???

We look forward to going every morning and have so much fun with the waiters BUt have been on some cruises where it was packed and it totally changes the atmosphere. Not sure how many more suites have beed added to the new Royal but things could change for the worse in the future if they add more suites. I love it when there are only a hand full of tables full _ I guess Princess has spoiled me.

Remember Toto's Live report from the Tathi cruise where it was jam packed every morning because so many VIP's were invited.

Anyway, you will love it and it will be had to cruise in anything other than a suite from now on. Have fun.

Very strange - we were on that cruise with Toto and ate at Sabattini's almost every day. We always saw the same people - but I would never say it was crowded. There were tables available every morning and we never saw it full.

Very strange - we were on that cruise with Toto and ate at Sabattini's almost every day. We always saw the same people - but I would never say it was crowded. There were tables available every morning and we never saw it full.

That is good to hear. We are on the Tahiti cruise next March and I was a little worried after reading her report. I wonder if it has anything to do with the time you go. If it is a sea day, do most people go late and when it is a port day, do people go earlier. What time did you usually go? I guess it is like the Internet on that cruise, some said they never could get on while others really didn't have a problem - maybe it all has to do with the time of day.

On sea days, we try to eat breakfast late so we can skip lunch or just have a light snack around 2. We don't eat three meals a day at home so, just because it is free, we still try not to eat too much.

Sandy

On our Hawaiian cruise last fall we were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a Window Suite. The greatest perk was breakfast at Sabbitinis. It was never crowded regardless of the time we went..which varied day to day..the wait staff were truly great and I was able to order anything I wanted for my breakfast whether or not it was on the menu. Oh, and the Mimosa was wonderful.

On our Hawaiian cruise last fall we were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a Window Suite. The greatest perk was breakfast at Sabbitinis. It was never crowded regardless of the time we went..which varied day to day..the wait staff were truly great and I was able to order anything I wanted for my breakfast whether or not it was on the menu. Oh, and the Mimosa was wonderful.

Funny that so many say you can get whatever you want. In the Suite you will also get the MDR menu and we saw thay had corned beef hash one morning so when we went to Sabitinis we asked if we could order it and were told flat out no, not on their menu. Very disappointing after reading so many posts saying the opposite. Still enjoyed the breakfast, the quiet and the mimosas. This was on the Golden a year and a half ago.

We use to get Bloody Marys but not on the last two ships.

What ships were you not able to substitute a Bloody Mary?

I don't do Mimosa's and have never had a problem getting a Bloody.

Just curious.

Mike:)

Sort of along the same topic...

I understand that those in suites can order breakfast, lunch, dinner from the dining room for in cabin/balcony dining. I know that on Celebrity and NCL it's your butler who sets the table and brings the meal. Since there are no butlers on Princess, is this done fully by the regular room service people? Do you call a special line or, again, just call room service? Just not sure what to expect!

THANKS!

Tom

You just call room service and they bring the meal and leave it.

There is no setting of the table or serving as the meal is simply delivered to the cabin.

Also, if you don't specify sauces, salt, pepper, etc you will not receive them with the meal.

You just call room service and they bring the meal and leave it.

There is no setting of the table or serving as the meal is simply delivered to the cabin.

Also, if you don't specify sauces, salt, pepper, etc you will not receive them with the meal.

Thanks.

Given that laundry is included with the suite, perhaps we'll bring our own tablecloth! ;)

The breakfast at Sabatinis sounds like the same arrangement that NCL has where they use Cagney's for breakfast (though they also have suite lunches there).

Tom

They usually sent a tablecloth along when we ordered lunch (several main courses) but if we just ordered a snack - then no table cloth. Make sure you try the afternoon tea - it is so good

Now I feel slighted.:rolleyes:

We have not gotten a tablecloth in 11 cruises.

I can certainly understand no tablecloth for a snack, for a meal though it helps to set the scene.

Some of our breakfasts on Celebrity: (which shows why, perhaps, we favor a tablecloth)!

776690119_dr7UP-M-1.jpg

256151550_E2UB3-M.jpg

IMG0753-M.jpg

Tom

Archived