Who are Bill W's friends?

karen of PA

I have cruised on several cruiselines and I always see meetings for "Friends of Bill W". Who is Bill W and what does he do at these meetings???:)

Karen

AA Meetings

Bill W was the founder of AA. He started in about 1947. His wife Lois started Al-Anon a few years later. As above it is for AA meetings on board. If the location or times change look for it on the Bulletin board near Guess Services.

Also, from what I've heard, depending on the Friends that are on board, if you are a member of Gambling, Narcotics, Overeaters, and/or XYZ Anonymous, you can go as well.

No personal experience on that, just what I've heard.

That's just cruel. I guess the over eaters meetings are held at the buffet.:rolleyes:

There are not too many free places on cruise ships. They utilize what space is available. On the two small Princess ships (Ocean & Pacific), the meeting is in one of the specialty restaurants.

You'll also see listings for friends of dorothy which is the LGBT community.

I've started a new group for those of us that are struggling w/ weight issues.... friends of little debby *S*

I'm definitely a "friend of little debby"! Little Debby Nutty Buddies are my fav. But I'm really stupid. I shouldn't admit it, but I just had to Google "LGBT" to find out what that is! :eek: Thank God for internet search engines.

There are not too many free places on cruise ships. They utilize what space is available. On the two small Princess ships (Ocean & Pacific), the meeting is in one of the specialty restaurants.

Maybe I am wrong but if they can use a specialty restaurant on a small ship I would think on the larger ships there would be more choice of venues, maybe one of the dining rooms, conference room or chapel. At any rate I hope they don't display the liquor bottles.

Archived