Port of Miami to Miami Airport

djcass4199

Hello everyone.

DW and I are cruising the Valor in September and there is an awesome promo going on right now for flights from Atlanta to Miami roundtrip for $110. What a deal! We are thinking of booking the flight and then getting a hotel with free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle from hotel to Port of Miami.

My two questions...

1) How much is a taxi on average from the Port to Miami airport?

2) The only Miami to Atlanta flight departs at 11:20 AM. Is this too early of a flight on debarkation day from the ship???

Any help would be so appreciated. thanks guys!

Hello everyone.

DW and I are cruising the Valor in September and there is an awesome promo going on right now for flights from Atlanta to Miami roundtrip for $110. What a deal! We are thinking of booking the flight and then getting a hotel with free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle from hotel to Port of Miami.

My two questions...

1) How much is a taxi on average from the Port to Miami airport? $24+Tip

2) The only Miami to Atlanta flight departs at 11:20 AM. Is this too early of a flight on debarkation day from the ship??? You can make it if everything goes ok. Ship arrives on time, gets cleared timely and you get off the ship quickly. I flew standby on a 10:05 flight.

I think we paid 30 including a tip - we had a great taxi driver.

Your flight should be okay - if all goes well. You might consider self-debarkation so you can be off early.

This is just a thought if you fly into FLL you can take SAS transportation to POM and back to FLL for about 15.00 Dollars each way. FLL is a smaller airport and less congested than Mia airport. I try to avoid Miami airport if possible.

Gary

Hello everyone.

My two questions...

2) The only Miami to Atlanta flight departs at 11:20 AM. Is this too early of a flight on debarkation day from the ship???

In my opinion, that's cutting it close. (But i'm the type of person who flies in the day before because I've been scarred by all the 'I missed the ship' stories I've read here - LOL). I would definitely do self debarkation though, that way you can get off the ship on your own time and not have to wait to be called.

Hello everyone.

My two questions...

We are looking at the same flights in April and the best price we have found is $249 per person. Very good price, which airline was this?

This is just a thought if you fly into FLL you can take SAS transportation to POM and back to FLL for about 15.00 Dollars each way. FLL is a smaller airport and less congested than Mia airport. I try to avoid Miami airport if possible.

Gary

Its also further out from the port and if they are trying to make an early fly it wont work out.

As for SAS do you have to have a certain # of ppl to get this pricing?

We are looking at the same flights in April and the best price we have found is $249 per person. Very good price, which airline was this?

It was American Airlines. I don't think it's $110 anymore. We didn't book the day of, thinking it might be a weekend sale. I think it's $140 now.

Its also further out from the port and if they are trying to make an early fly it wont work out.

As for SAS do you have to have a certain # of ppl to get this pricing?

I believe it's $15 pp, but if you have a party of 4 or more than you'll save a dollar or two pp.

Miami Dade County has created flat rate taxi fares from Miami International Airport and these fares include tolls and $2.00 surcharge.

From Miami International Airport to....

Destination

Miles

Fare

Port of Miami

$24.00

South Beach 1 St to 63 St$32.00Mid Beach 63rd to 87Terr$37.00North Beach $43.00Golden Beach$52.00

Bal Harbour

$43.00

Sunny Isles

$52.00

Key Biscayne

$41.00

Coral gables

$19.00

Archived