Any suggestions for Groups?

Our Cruise on Allure next year looks like it is turning into a larger group than expected.

I know 8 cabins makes a group to RCCL, and we are close to making that number. In any case I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a group activity or......

We will mostly be going our own ways and meeting at dinner, but I thought it would be fun to do something together.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RCI will help you arrange a group get together in one of the lounges - epecially if you qualify officially for the group by virtue of the stateroom numbers. BTW - be sure to keep it under one reservation for the room tally. They may have other suggestions as well. Suggest if you hit the magic number you contact the RCI group reservations for more info. Following is their link:

Group Cruise Vacations - Royal Caribbean International

Afternoon, on our TA last Oct, one of our members organized a group luncheon in the main dining room. Someone would have to speak with the head maitr'd to set it up. You could organize among your group much like they do with Roll Calls, Golf tournaments, Slot Pulls.

We will mostly be going our own ways and meeting at dinner, but I thought it would be fun to do something together.

Dinner, everyone will be together, and that is great.

But, you say everyone will be going their own way.

My experience, group of 20, twice we booked a sailing / snorkeling excursion ...... maybe 10 to 15 went ....... and we had a great time.

Look at some excursions, and throw it out, but, do what you want to do, and if others want to join, great.

That's not really a "large" group....just stick to the dinners....that's more than enough. There will be times when some of you meet up together and do the same thing...but I would expect that to be a rare occurance.

Id suggest you contact a TA and block group space now - some/not all cruises carry GAP (Group Amenity Points) that can be assigned to your group and used to choose an amenity with. Also - with 8 double occupancy cabins you would receive a tour conductor credit ($ 1 pax free)based on the average cabin type booked. This $ does not include tax - port charges and non commissionable amount. You simply cannot go wrong. If you do not wish to have a TA work on your behalf, suggest you call the Group Department and set it up with them. I am sure they would be happy to assist.

Make a cheat sheet of everyone and what cabin they're in and give one to each cabin. It was a great help on our family cruise.

If you're on one of the private islands, stake a claim to an area so people will know where you are and can come and go as they please. (I have seen flags used)

A photo of everyone is a must...there will be a sitting fee for a large group, but I think it was the best money I spent on that cruise.:)

Please don't forget to do a group photo, our group of 16 forgot, we put together a composite, luckily we got a shot of each couple in the same setting so it does look good.

Along with dinners together you could set a breakfast time for a few of the mornings. Or you could all decide to do a specialty restaurant one night.

I agree with making a list of cabin numbers for each person so you all know where to find each other.

In January, I was on the Allure with 26 people (family & friends).

We booked the same shows and met at a bar/lounge about 60 minutes prior to show time. We had drinks together and all walked to the theater at the same time. This way we were able to find seats together.

I made up small cards that listed each day with optional places to meet prior to shows & Quest. I included the name & time of the show.

I also made lists for everyone with names and cabin numbers. I laminated them. This comes in handy if you want to meet some people for breakfast or lunch.

Our Cruise on Allure next year looks like it is turning into a larger group than expected.

I know 8 cabins makes a group to RCCL, and we are close to making that number. In any case I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a group activity or......

Scavenger hunt

Slot pull

Cabin crawl

Pub crawl

Gather in the Schooner Bar for group singalong

Group flowrider lesson

Minigolf tournament

We had a group of 17 on the Freedom a couple of years ago and booked a private tour with Bernard in St. Maarten. There were enough of us that we had our own private bus. It was a lot of fun. We also met each night at dinner, and had a group photo taken one of the formal nights. :)

PS We had a minigolf tournament too, with an entrance fee, and the winner won the cash.

Archived