The Latest Your World

ORV

I actually live east of suburban Vancouver. We had had a very terrible June weather, almost rain everyday. Luckily my wife and I were taking a Transatlantic cruise with Oceania.

July weather is fantastic so far.

Ricky

Please don't jinx us. We can see a lightening storm to the south of us around Birch Bay but so far it has not traveled up to BC

Please don't jinx us. We can see a lightening storm to the south of us around Birch Bay but so far it has not traveled up to BC
Lightening is currently hitting Victoria so it may be heading your way!

The World is in port today and I watched as lightening bolts struck while she moved from Ogden Point to Esquimalt to accommodate the regular Friday nite cruise ship crowd. Not a common sight here for sure. But then again, it's Friday the 13th ...

Feel free to send any and all of that rain to us. We have had virtually no rain at our house since early May and many high 90s and a number of over 100 degree days. We are in extreme drought conditiions. We get excited when the temperature is only in the high 80s. It is cloudy today and I am happy! My husband has washed all the windows and gets the cars cleaned and stil can't entice the rain to fall! Hate this but really feel sorry for the farmers and all their destroyed crops.

Feel free to send any and all of that rain to us. We have had virtually no rain at our house since early May and many high 90s and a number of over 100 degree days. We are in extreme drought conditiions. We get excited when the temperature is only in the high 80s. It is cloudy today and I am happy! My husband has washed all the windows and gets the cars cleaned and stil can't entice the rain to fall! Hate this but really feel sorry for the farmers and all their destroyed crops.

I am not sure if you would appreciate it. We are having landslides in parts of BC due to the amount of rain we are receiving and unfortunately people are missing as a result. Your farmers are suffering from drought, our farmers are suffering from too much rain. No one seems to be winning this year.

I spoke with Oceania regarding the in suite course by course dining and was advised that it is still offered in the Penthouses..

Shari

Sharicruz6

That's good news for PH customers - thank you for checking & posting.

I spoke with Oceania regarding the in suite course by course dining and was advised that it is still offered in the Penthouses..

With all due respect, the first item listed under Butler Services, i.e. "course by course in-suite dining" was not the cause of concern, as it is clearly listed on page 128 as a suite privilege for all suites.

It was the second item which was under discussion, i.e. "'Order in ' from any of our specialty restaurants ++" since there was a note that it was for "++ Owner's Vista and Oceania Suites."

However, I have been assured that an email was circulated July 12th to the effect that the "++" which appears on page 128 and which made it appear that ordering in from specialty restaurants was only for the O-V-O suites was an error, so good news all around. :)

With all due respect, the first item listed under Butler Services, i.e. "course by course in-suite dining" was not the cause of concern, as it is clearly listed on page 128 as a suite privilege for all suites.

It was the second item which was under discussion, i.e. "'Order in ' from any of our specialty restaurants ++" since there was a note that it was for "++ Owner's Vista and Oceania Suites."

However, I have been assured that an email was circulated July 12th to the effect that the "++" which appears on page 128 and which made it appear that ordering in from specialty restaurants was only for the O-V-O suites was an error, so good news all around. :)

Yes, it does include the specialty restaurants...

Shari

Sharicruz6

Your World finally arrived in the North Pole:D yesterday. It was nice to have something pleasant to read rather than marking midterms.:eek:

I am glad.

It feels like the North Pole here for the last 2 days - I almost turned on the heater today. It's been unusually cool/cold both day and night here for a couple of days (even by Mark Twain's standards) - warm up for the weekend expected.

The rest of the country seems to be frying - go figure :confused:

We did turn on the heater:(

Seems like we are getting our June Gloom in July since we got our July weather in June. What a year so far.

Paul, Hope your Egypt cruise planning is going well. We are still sorry we are going to miss it but maybe another year.

We did turn on the heater:(

Seems like we are getting our June Gloom in July since we got our July weather in June. What a year so far.

Paul, Hope your Egypt cruise planning is going well. We are still sorry we are going to miss it but maybe another year.

Thank you - so far, so good. No further itinerary changes.

We are all set for private tours except Oman (so far).

We are definitely looking forward to it.

Happy trails to you as well.

I am glad.

It feels like the North Pole here for the last 2 days - I almost turned on the heater today. It's been unusually cool/cold both day and night here for a couple of days (even by Mark Twain's standards) - warm up for the weekend expected.

The rest of the country seems to be frying - go figure :confused:

Maybe we should trade LOL

We are cooking here...cool today at 77F:D

The brochure is lovely.

I cannot imagine what it costs to print.

I am not sure it is at all effective marketing.

We have sailed O 4 times and have another O cruise booked. That brochure does not do a thing for us nor does it affect our plans. Moreover, after we got the brochure we received 2 full color mailings in 3 days. More marketing money wasted. We know the schedule. We know there is no "sale" -- no matter what the marketing stuff says.

That lovely brochure should be in the hands of cruisers who sail other lines to entice them to sail O (it is enticing) or be sent to former O cruisers who have not been back in a while. We all know that their marketing people have ways of getting that information.

A targeting mailed to the right audience makes sense. A mass mailing to O fans does not.

Many cruise lines have done away with these fancy mailings all together. I wonder why.

It's over a hundred here today. Just like yesterday, and tomorrow, and the day after that, and last month. I'll trade with either one of you.

Except we were lucky yesterday and got the first rain at our house in 2 months - a 1/2 hours worth and the temperature dropped to 78 - for awhile!

Going to be cooler today - just high 90s. Wish I ws cruisiing the Baltic or Scandinavia about now.

The brochure is lovely.

I cannot imagine what it costs to print.

I am not sure it is at all effective marketing.

We have sailed O 4 times and have another O cruise booked. That brochure does not do a thing for us nor does it affect our plans. Moreover, after we got the brochure we received 2 full color mailings in 3 days. More marketing money wasted. We know the schedule. We know there is no "sale" -- no matter what the marketing stuff says.

That lovely brochure should be in the hands of cruisers who sail other lines to entice them to sail O (it is enticing) or be sent to former O cruisers who have not been back in a while. We all know that their marketing people have ways of getting that information.

A targeting mailed to the right audience makes sense. A mass mailing to O fans does not.

Many cruise lines have done away with these fancy mailings all together. I wonder why.

On the other side of the coin, our last cruise we just got off of in May we took due to seeing it in a mailer that was sent out.

We don't have any plans for an O cruise until at least mid to late 13 or 14, BUT the Your World made us look twice at the offerings currently out there. Most of the time I'll glance at the mailings and trash them. So yes, for some people they do work. But it's not the perception of a sale, I know how all that works, it's the itinerary that sells us on Oceania. There are some bargains on O though. I'd probably never sail the Caribbean on O, unless it was going there on the way to somewhere else.

I wish there was a way of opting out of the sale brochures while still getting the larger nicer brochures ;)

I love the photos in the larger brochure

I get the sale info via email so do not really need the flyers

It would save them some $$ to put elsewhere :D

JMO

Lyn

The brochure is really good and the photos are lovely.

I am confused tho' about the statement:

"FREE unlimited acess to Canyon Ranch SpaClub private Spa Terrace **"

** Concierge Level Staterooms and Suites only.

We were in a PH on Regatta in 2011 and duly arrived to use the Spa Terrace but were turned away being told, quite abruptly, that it was for full suite guests only. When we enquired at reception we were told that it was a mistake in the brochure!

Does anyone know which is correct :confused:.

Lou

The brochure is really good and the photos are lovely.

I am confused tho' about the statement:

"FREE unlimited acess to Canyon Ranch SpaClub private Spa Terrace **"

** Concierge Level Staterooms and Suites only.

We were in a PH on Regatta in 2011 and duly arrived to use the Spa Terrace but were turned away being told, quite abruptly, that it was for full suite guests only. When we enquired at reception we were told that it was a mistake in the brochure!

Does anyone know which is correct :confused:.

Lou

It is not a mistake in the brochure, access to the Spa deck is listed as a Penthouse "Privilege" on the Oceania Website as well.

Archived