Regent Website Revamped

Count us in very much like the hompage update category. On first use, a couple of features we like; first feature (new) is on My Account is the dual format you can choose for Show my Itinerary tab; calendar view or list view. Like this calendar view of you cruise embedded with the excursions you have selected that are hot linked--will be a good page to print out prior to our voyage. Second, the find a cruise tab on home page is far easier to locate a cruise than the previous find a cruise tab.

Couldn't fine the old view showing that the cabins are available/wait list/? which was nice to know - gave you an idea how full the ship was for a specific cruise.

Also, I had a problem paging down to look at different tours in a specific port. I'll try that again today as well just wander around the site to check it out.

I always prefer black type on white pages - many of us are "of an age" and that is easier to read.

Having said the above, the site looks good!

Hi Wes,

I did find the cabin information. I'm just impatient!

i also just spoke to Regent and one "problem" in helping us with the new site that their computers are still showing the OLD site.

The woman I spoke to said she'll contact IT and hopefully that will be fixed - quickly.

Peggy

A beautiful and easier to use site. Still some "problems". The deposit (made in June) for our 2013 cruise is shown as not made yet I have a written regent invoice showing the deposit! Oh well still a great leap forward. Maybe there's hope for the ecursion office.

I really like the revamped site; so much more information is now just a click or tap away. In addition to the many positive features already mentioned, I especially like the TODAY'S SHIP LOCATIONS on the home page and the MY TO DO LIST on the MY ACOUNT page. It's also much easier to see what tours are being offered for your specific cruise.

One drawback is that in some web browsers not all the features function properly. I had to switch over to Internet Explorer to use the ship explorer feature, for example. Once I saw it, I thought it was an improvement. There's obviously still some work to be done -- no menus for Compass Rose or Prime 7 yet, and the menus for Signatures and Setti Mari still had blank spaces to fill in the names of the chef etc - obviously they used the forms that would be prepared on the ship for the specifics of a voyage instead of real sample menus.

That said, I like it better than Oceania's site, which seems to me much too cluttered. It also seems that the architecture of the site will readily accommodate changes in the fleet -- newbuild, anybody?

One drawback is that in some web browsers not all the features function properly. I had to switch over to Internet Explorer to use the ship explorer feature, for example. Once I saw it, I thought it was an improvement.

What web browser were you using? When I saw your message I tried the ship explorer feature with Firefox 13.0.1 and it worked fine. I like the new website and I'm sure Regent will clear up any bugs shortly.

Well, our particular sailing on Voyager in January (NZ/Australia) just opened up for excursion bookings at 12:01 am today, and the bugs in the system wouldn't let us book them, nor select any tour beyond the top one on the list. I had to resort to emailing our TA, and she was able to get a Regent rep to do it over the phone this morning. But it sure was frustrating staying up late to book them, to no avail. I wish Rewgent techs had done a better job of testing this before forcing us onto a new system. It's still not working!

DaveFr

I originally looked at the site in in enterprise-modified version of Firefox that has had some features locked down. Switched over to a full version IE8 and got all functionality, but the fonts looked fuzzy and the colors kind of washed out. Both browsers on a Windows XP Pro platform

Just looked at it in Firefox (latest Mac version) on my iMac at home, and what difference. All the functionality is there, but the colors are vibrant and the layout and fonts are crisp and clean. It's definitely a step up.

Well, our particular sailing on Voyager in January (NZ/Australia) just opened up for excursion bookings at 12:01 am today, and the bugs in the system wouldn't let us book them, nor select any tour beyond the top one on the list. I had to resort to emailing our TA, and she was able to get a Regent rep to do it over the phone this morning. But it sure was frustrating staying up late to book them, to no avail. I wish Rewgent techs had done a better job of testing this before forcing us onto a new system. It's still not working!

I understand what you are going through because the last time Regent changed their website we could not book excursions. This time it appears to be much better than last time when it took months to fix everything. Keeping my fingers crossed that you can book your excursions soon:)

I liked the new site, particularly the Calendar. It will be lovely when we can add our shore excursions to it. Much easier way to view.

I did find the colours a bit grey but might try the firefox option.

Carol

I tried to log in but forgot my password - was prompted to "click here" to get access to my password. When I clicked all I got was a LOONNNG list of cruises - nothing about my password - that happened TWICE!

Back to the drawing board!

OK, somehow I remembered my password with no help from Regent.

I do miss checking what categories are available - perhaps there's a way to see that but I am clueless how to check it with new format.

Otherwise, new format looks pretty good.

Archived