Which option would you pick?

ugagal07

DH and I are in our late 20's looking for a NYE cruise. Narrowed it to 2 options below.

7 day - Dream

Sails from Pt. Canaveral

St. Thomas

St. Martin

Nassau

7 day - Legend

Sails from Tampa

Belize

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Roatan

We've done the Legend on that route before and have been to Nassau several times. We're driving in since airfare is so high, so all the options from Miami are out, too far to drive.

Pricing is about the same after figuring in gas and such.

Thoughts?

I would pick the Dream .. I prefer those ports, St. Marteen and St. Thomas.. go to St. Johns and make it special?? Eastern is almost always worth more than western when you price them out..and with this you also get a newer ship.

Western is a dime a dozen. If you continue to cruise, you will be sick of that itinerary, but I do it .. because thats mostly what I can go out of the gulf. Tampa is the gulf .. same same.

I love the Western Caribbean route and ports so I would go with that one if you still have things you want to do in each port. However, if you want something new to experience, go the Dream Eastern.

You'll be cruising...you can't go wrong either way. :D

I would pick the Dream ...

Western is a dime a dozen. If you continue to cruise, you will be sick of that itinerary, but I do it .. because thats mostly what I can go out of the gulf. Tampa is the gulf .. same same.

My thoughts exactly!! Choose the Dream.

I'd also choose the Dream. A newer ship always wins with me, plus, I really don't care for the western Caribbean except for Grand Cayman.

We love to go to St Thomas so that we can head over to St John, my favorite place on earth. Last summer we did a catamaran over to St John/Honeymoon Bay. We swam into the beach from the cat and had a wonderful time. The crew was fablous on the Adventurer...:)

Honestly I been to all those islands except Roatan going on the Dream Sept 29th...but been there done it all...

We also HATE Nassau but we also not like Cozumel and REALLY HATE Belitz how cruise lines can bring us to this port is beyond me its horrible (speaking from actual experiences there)

I really like St. Maarten and Grand Cayman....

I have to say for us we go for the ship your only in port for just a few hours its the ship thats important at least to us and that is why we choose the Dream she is newer and bigger more to offer. She also going through a refurbishment on Sept 8th for two weeks for her public areas which is nice and they will add punchliners comedy also. We also prefer the extra sea day.

The Dream. Especially since you've cruised the Legend before. Plus the Dream is newer, cool ports and less of a drive. Win win all around. Have a great new years cruise! You'll have a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

DH and I are in our late 20's looking for a NYE cruise. Narrowed it to 2 options below.

7 day - Dream

Sails from Pt. Canaveral

St. Thomas

St. Martin

Nassau

7 day - Legend

Sails from Tampa

Belize

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Roatan

We've done the Legend on that route before and have been to Nassau several times. We're driving in since airfare is so high, so all the options from Miami are out, too far to drive.

Thoughts?

I'd choose the Dream. Have had my fare share of the western itinerary, but if you haven't they are fun.

If you can extend your trip a bit and do Disney/Universal definitely do Port Canaveral. Otherwise it depends on if you are a beach person or not.

The Port Canaveral once has a lot of beach type ports, the Tampa one has a bunch of other great excursion places

Will you be in port on either itinerary on New Year's Day? Just a thought, that's pretty much a world-wide holiday.

Though you been to most of the ports before, if one itinerary has a sea day on New Year's; that might be best. The port options that day may be severely limited. It's been awhile, but it was that way in Cozumel on New Year's Day a few years back.

I agree, the Dream. Then again, I have done the Western my last few cruises and after the upcoming one in December, I am done with this side of Florida for a while. :) I am only an hour from the port of Tampa so it's been ease more than anything.

7 day - Dream

Sails from Pt. Canaveral

St. Thomas

St. Martin

Nassau

7 day - Legend

Sails from Tampa

Belize

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Roatan

Thoughts?

I'd choose the Dream, since you have already done the Legend route. We did Legend last year, Doing Dream but Western route this year. Enjoy whatever you choose.

I too, have done both of those ships, and itineraries a bunch of times, but if I was 20 something, I'd probably prefer "Dream" as there is a lot more to do aboard this relatively new, larger ship. Yep, it's more crowded, but with a little bit of planning, you can avoid the majority of the crowds. Having said all that, Tampa is a much easier port to embark/disembark at. Legend is a GREAT, "Spirit Class" ship, which is much less crowded, and much easier to get around on. I personally, love sea days, and would enjoy either cruise.

Looks like a "win-win" situation to me. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

Archived