Best Aft Cabin on Radiance of the Seas

We have 8168 and our friends have 8170 sailing out of Sydney in Dec on the Radiance. After looking at the picture posted it looks great. If we can open the divider with between the balconies we can have cocktail hour every evening!!

We have 8168 and our friends have 8170 sailing out of Sydney in Dec on the Radiance. After looking at the picture posted it looks great. If we can open the divider with between the balconies we can have cocktail hour every evening!!

The dividers can't be opened on Radiance. They are in a fixed position.

Gina

Niece's pic did it for us. As soon as I saw that last March, when the bookings opened I jumped on it. I have a small concern about the balcony being narrow, but I guess from what you're saying it's no problem.

We're north/south Vancouver to Vancouver Sept. 6th 2013.

Edited by BecciBoo

Niece's pic did it for us. As soon as I saw that last March, when the bookings opened I jumped on it. I have a small concern about the balcony being narrow, but I guess from what you're saying it's no problem.

We're north/south Vancouver to Vancouver Sept. 6th 2013.

It is only narrow at the end where it "wraps" to the side. Very large in the middle and

on the other side. Enjoy!! It's our favorite! :)

Taking another group cruise in April 2014 and we tentatively are looking at Jewel of the Sea on a southern Caribbean out of Puerto Rico. Managed to grab cabin 1100. Now I just have to convince everyone in our group to stay with that cruise. :eek:

Bill

We managed to get 7172 for our upcoming Jewel cruise in March 2013. Anyone have any feedback on that cabin or the aft cabins on deck 7? I figure it should be pretty much the same as Radiance. :)

Bill

We had that cabin on the Jewel to Canada. The balcony is only as deep as a lounge chair but plenty of room for 2. We did hear noise everynight from the lounge below, usually only bass and it stopped by midnight. Not my favorite aft cabin but I would take it again if there were no others.

Currently looking at my favorite cabin, 9256, from our balcony right now!! The Radiance just sailed into port early this morning and is elegantly docked here in Seward across the small boat harbor from our hotel. I can see our favorite cabin, corner aft, and will be visiting it and checking her out in just a few hours! :D

I'm glad to see this thread bumped to the top again. Not that I have plans but I'm curious about the differences in the family suites - cat TS - on decks 7, 8, and 9. Since they are stacked in the same aft corner, I'd think they were the same. But the deck plans make the shape look totally different. Is this just the way the picture looks? I know sometimes certain cabins or balconies won't have the correct shape or division to the balcony on the deck plans. Or do these 3 family suites really have a different layout as it would appear by the shape of the drawing on the deck plans? Anyone know?

If I ever traveled with my adult children, one of these rooms might be a good option for us.

Gina

I'm glad to see this thread bumped to the top again. Not that I have plans but I'm curious about the differences in the family suites - cat TS - on decks 7, 8, and 9. Since they are stacked in the same aft corner, I'd think they were the same. But the deck plans make the shape look totally different. Is this just the way the picture looks? I know sometimes certain cabins or balconies won't have the correct shape or division to the balcony on the deck plans. Or do these 3 family suites really have a different layout as it would appear by the shape of the drawing on the deck plans? Anyone know?

If I ever traveled with my adult children, one of these rooms might be a good option for us.

Gina

I have one booked on deck 8 for my Brilliance cruise. I've been investigating for a while now and it seems the family space is huge but balcony is quite small. also yes, the shape is a bit odd. I'll know more after January and fill you in first hand!!

I have one booked on deck 8 for my Brilliance cruise. I've been investigating for a while now and it seems the family space is huge but balcony is quite small. also yes, the shape is a bit odd. I'll know more after January and fill you in first hand!!

But I think the deck plans make all 3 suites look different on each deck. I'll be interested to hear what yours is like. Take pictures. But I'd really like to know which is larger, if any are. The deck plans make it look like deck 7 is the larger suite with them getting smaller as they go a deck higher. On the other hand the plans also make it appear that the balcony is smaller of deck 7 and that it gets larger the higher up you go. And then there are some funny cut outs in the shape of the deck 8 and 9 suites. I am really wondering about this.

Gina

Will do.

One thing I'm not liking is the main bedroom has no window.:( I love waking up in the AM and getting that first peek outside. I'll have one son on the pullout so I'll have to sneak around him to get to the balcony.:o

Will do.

One thing I'm not liking is the main bedroom has no window.:( I love waking up in the AM and getting that first peek outside. I'll have one son on the pullout so I'll have to sneak around him to get to the balcony.:o

Well, that makes it sort of like an interior room, doesn't it? Some people might like that, but I'm not sure I'd be crazy about it either. It does have another bedroom and 2 bathrooms, doesn't it?

A GS might be better for sleeping with the curtain pulled but then there is the bathroom situation. I'm bad enough at sharing it with 1 person. :) I do like the openness of the regular suites.

Gina

Well, that makes it sort of like an interior room, doesn't it? Some people might like that, but I'm not sure I'd be crazy about it either. It does have another bedroom and 2 bathrooms, doesn't it?

Yes it does. The other bedroom will be for for older son and GF, Two bathrooms but at least the other bath is mine in my room!!:D

Stayed in the 2 BR on Voyager and that worked perfect for our family structure but I'm just not sure I'll love the radiance class 2 bedrooms. Time will tell.

Loved the Voyager RFS itself but hated all the structure on the balcony. At least Radiance class does not seem to have all that steel going on!!

I do get what you mean on the interior feeling of the bedroom.:(