what is a martini flight?

karen of PA

Hi

It is a selection of 6 small martini's - sort of tasters! I think it was $15 but well worth it, they are lovely but quite strong... be careful!!

We treatwed ourselves (as they were outside our drinks package) but really enjoyed sampling the different ones.

I read a post about the martini bar and how good the martini flight was. What is it and how much does it cost?

It's delicious. If you want I'll upload a video of our wonderful bartender on the Equinox performing a simultaneous pour.

I recall it being closer to $21 USD on the Equinox last April. IMHO, it's a very reasonably priced.

It's delicious. If you want I'll upload a video of our wonderful bartender on the Equinox performing a simultaneous pour.

I recall it being closer to $21 USD on the Equinox last April. IMHO, it's a very reasonably priced.

The show is almost as good as the Martini's.....

The "flight" part comes from the soaring feeling you have afterwards. But two flights will cause you to crash and burn...:D

Andrew

Waving!!!!!! Hi Andrew - miss you guys!! October is too far away.

As for martini flights - YUMMMMMM - love these!

Miss you guys, too. Fly out!

As for sharing, there's really no need. In fact, I can usualy drink for free....I just sidle up to a group, and, invariably, they find the vodka martinis to o strong, prefering the foofie ones. I relieve each of their vodka ones, and have a fine time.;)

Andrew

IMG_8373.jpg

We got off the Millennium a few weeks back. Not only are the 6 drinks generous in size and alcohol content, but sometimes they put on quite a show when pouring them. I made a video, but am not sure how to post it.

The flight was $15, can't remember what the gratuity was on top of it.

Worth it, give it a try.

On my last cruise, I was sitting enjoying a martini with my wife when a fellow near me threw his martini at someone. I guess you could call that a martini (in) flight.

Ok..on a more serious note, if you like sweet martini's which are really unrelated at all to martini's other than being served in a martini glass, then a martini flight is a fun way to try them. Yes, they ruin it by giving you one real martini which you probably won't like, but the others are wonderful :) If you do get a flight sit at the bar, not at a table. Watch them make the drinks...and most of the martini bar bartenders do a great pour, pouring all of them at the same time....worth seeing.

One final word...if you are going to order a fancy martini (chocolate, etc), don't specify that you want it made with Kellel One or some name brand vodka/gin. You will never taste the difference. (that goes for bloody mary's too...I always laugh when someone orders a bloody mary with Grey Goose vodka).

Is it usually the same 6 or do they mix it up throughout the cruise? Seems like a wonderful way to try the entire martini menu on the transatlantic.;):p

Hi Julie:) they usually have the same 6 but if you prefer one over

another they are really good about that too.....I have gotten 2 of

the same before;)

And the bartenders? They also put on quite a show....I have seen

them pour 10 or 11 at one time before:D....and those are the

regular sized Martinis!.....it is definitey a FUN bar:D

They are yummy and fun! On the photos above do you notice though how pale the drinks are? That's because they are strong! I love my Cosmo's but when they are served almost a pale, pale pinkish, you know you had better hang on. :p They are generous with both the pour and the alcohol. Cheers!!

We've had the martini flights on two cruises now. The Equinox Nov 2011 and the Eclipse 2012. They were both excellent! Awesome presentation for both. They were both $15. Well worth it. My husband is looking forward to it already for our Fall cruise.

Hi Julie:) they usually have the same 6 but if you prefer one over

another they are really good about that too.....I have gotten 2 of

the same before;)

And the bartenders? They also put on quite a show....I have seen

them pour 10 or 11 at one time before:D....and those are the

regular sized Martinis!.....it is definitey a FUN bar:D

SHHHH, they will want to come to the Martini Bar now, and the seating is so limited! Seriously, my fav bar on the Solstice class.

And yes, the Martini Flight is good - and a great way to try some of the variety of martinis. I'm not a fan of a couple of them, but the rest are great. And tho I don't think I saw it on the flight, they make one full sized martini that taste like drinking a snickers bar. I usually limit myself to 1 martini before dinner but one night had 2 of those. Then I skip dessert, and go have a creamy expresso martini for dessert. OMG! That is just SO good.

Just looked up the first one and they called it an Almond Joy martini. But it will sneak up on you.

On my last cruise, I was sitting enjoying a martini with my wife when a fellow near me threw his martini at someone. I guess you could call that a martini (in) flight.

Ok..on a more serious note, if you like sweet martini's which are really unrelated at all to martini's other than being served in a martini glass, then a martini flight is a fun way to try them. Yes, they ruin it by giving you one real martini which you probably won't like, but the others are wonderful :) If you do get a flight sit at the bar, not at a table. Watch them make the drinks...and most of the martini bar bartenders do a great pour, pouring all of them at the same time....worth seeing.

One final word...if you are going to order a fancy martini (chocolate, etc), don't specify that you want it made with Kellel One or some name brand vodka/gin. You will never taste the difference. (that goes for bloody mary's too...I always laugh when someone orders a bloody mary with Grey Goose vodka).

Don't laugh, we may be trying to get the most out of our drink package ;). I know I will order Grey Goose or Belvedere for all my drinks........because I can! However if I was paying by the drink that is different.

Don't laugh, we may be trying to get the most out of our drink package ;). I know I will order Grey Goose or Belvedere for all my drinks........because I can! However if I was paying by the drink that is different.

Every bottle on Celebrity is call/top shelf. I never saw any well quality spirits (other than the welcome sparkling wine) on Celebrity.

Archived