Never had such a problem bringing on soda..

Cruisingzs

You can thank the alcohol smugglers for that.

Trust me, I was doing more than thanking them! LOL! Our Sail and Sign was over $2,000 ( the norm for us) because we pay for what we want- no smuggling. We do not bring on drinks to save money, it doesn;t save that much. It's for convenience..

The family across the hall from us ordered OJ from room service all day long (never tipping by the way) leaving huge messes for our poor cabin steward to clean, so they could mix their smuggled booze in. I had to drink the water from the huge bottles in the room instead of a nice small one because of folks like them!

There is a water bottle out with a built in filter, so you can use tap water and hopefully the filter will take out impurities in the water. This is the link for the Bobble Water Bottle. They are everywhere...we got ours at Best Buy of all places, but have also seen them at Old Navy and Walmart. Price is $9.99

http://www.greendepot.com/greendepot/product.asp?prod_name=Bobble+Water+Bottle+With+Built-In+Filter&pf_id=MOVW

My DD took one on her trip to Europe and loves it!

This is awesome info, I'd love to be freed from the toting bottled water blues!!!! I'm going to grab one before our September cruise and I will come back and let people know how it worked for me!!!

Thanks, Carole

I have had some trips where i easily get through security with my cases of water.. and others where they are extra thorough and check each seal.. Either way I will be on a boat in a short time so I will gladly wait. Its just part of the process. Not as much fun as being on Lido. But it is what it is.. Smile.. you are on vacation and this security screening will pass soon..

If that's what ship's water does then it makes sense to bring water on. Do you ask the kitchen to give you low sodium meals and are they accomodating?

I've never needed to, although I don't add salt to my food, I have never needed a low sodium diet.

I don't eat a lot of processed food, just as a matter of taste. The food has been fine, only the water that makes me swell.

Now I will admit this, I drink a LOT more on the cruises than at home, I might have a cocktail once a month tops at home, and one or two daily on the ship, so that may have a little to do with the swelling, but all I can say is bringing my own water helps<shrug> and if it works, whos to say it's wrong??

Carole

This is awesome info, I'd love to be freed from the toting bottled water blues!!!! I'm going to grab one before our September cruise and I will come back and let people know how it worked for me!!!

Thanks, Carole

I think Britta makes a portable filter in a bottle, too.

I've never needed to, although I don't add salt to my food, I have never needed a low sodium diet.

I don't eat a lot of processed food, just as a matter of taste. The food has been fine, only the water that makes me swell.

Now I will admit this, I drink a LOT more on the cruises than at home, I might have a cocktail once a month tops at home, and one or two daily on the ship, so that may have a little to do with the swelling, but all I can say is bringing my own water helps<shrug> and if it works, whos to say it's wrong??

Carole

Certainly not moi.

I have had some trips where i easily get through security with my cases of water.. and others where they are extra thorough and check each seal.. Either way I will be on a boat in a short time so I will gladly wait. Its just part of the process. Not as much fun as being on Lido. But it is what it is.. Smile.. you are on vacation and this security screening will pass soon..

Unfortunately, my MIL was with us and was in a wheelchair pushed by a carnival employee. So I didnt want to hold up the process with the wheelchair. Also, there was already a line at the check table. It could have easily taken 30 minutes for them to check my drinks. Not worth it. And that wheelchair probably needed to get back so someone else could use it. Sooo not worth the hassle.

Thanks, Carole

The Bobble bottle (activated carbon filter) will remove some impurities from the water, but it will not remove salt.

Maggie

a chemist

I DO get swollen feet and ankles when I drink the ships water, the desalination does not take all the salt away, I've researched it online.

Some people are more sensitive to the salt, I know I am.

Maybe it has to do with where I live (in the middle of the US with no ocean in sight) I drink the tap water at home, but never away from home, so if people want to drink the water and aren't bothered by it, they should definitely do so, but those that ridicule others for bringing on water, well you need to walk a mile in MY swollen feet and then comment!!!

I will continue bringing my water on board, because that is my drink of choice, I do go through a case on the ship!!!

Cheers, Carole

First of all, I never ridiculed you. I simply asked a question. I also never suggested that youdid not get sowllen feet or ankles, just said I never have. I drink both the water I bring on board and ships water and have not had a problem. In fact, I don't think anyone ridiculed you. Maybe you are sensitive to more than just salt?? Relax a bit.

BTW - Britta makes a great water bottle that you can fill and it filters the water.

And the Britta?

The Brita pitcher will reduce chlorine, copper, cadmium, and mercury.

The Brita faucet filter will reduce Lead, TTHM, VOCs, lindane (pesticide), 2,4-D, alachlor, atrazine (herbicide), Chlorine (taste and odor) and sediment.

However, Brita also uses an activated carbon filter, so it doesn't remove sodium either.

Maggie

There is another whole thread on swollen feet. I'm a bit of a clean food junky and eat healthy, but even on the ship while trying to eat right, I get very swollen. Next time will try bringing my own bottled water and see if that helps.

There is another whole thread on swollen feet. I'm a bit of a clean food junky and eat healthy, but even on the ship while trying to eat right, I get very swollen. Next time will try bringing my own bottled water and see if that helps.

That is why I brought up the subject about getting the water on board. This is the only thing I have not tried...and on that thread last week, I read about someone thinking it was in the water on board....this is my last hope. I eat healthy also and cannot figure out what it is.

Our next cruise is for 3 weeks in Hawaii and I do not want to be in pain and not be able to walk.

Water doesn't come in cans. Any other suggestions? I was going to bring bottles of water on my up and coming cruise for the first time. Tired of paying $3 for a bottle of water. Hard to believe if the 12 pack is shrink wrapped that they take it apart to check and see if the seals are broken. So aggravating.

Dasani water comes in cans. A little tough to find however.

i do get swollen feet and ankles when i drink the ships water, the desalination does not take all the salt away, i've researched it online.

Some people are more sensitive to the salt, i know i am.

Maybe it has to do with where i live (in the middle of the us with no ocean in sight) i drink the tap water at home, but never away from home, so if people want to drink the water and aren't bothered by it, they should definitely do so, but those that ridicule others for bringing on water, well you need to walk a mile in my swollen feet and then comment!!!

I will continue bringing my water on board, because that is my drink of choice, i do go through a case on the ship!!!

Cheers, carole

ita

:d

We don't care for the taste of the water onboard, and buying bottled water onboard is just too expensive with how much we drink. So we always bring a small Britta pitcher and just keep filling it up in our room and then leave it when we go (flying home).

One option :)

Mindy

They still opened every carton with cans. I noticed everyone walking around with 12 pack cans had tape over the broken box. It just slows down the process. I feel if people are trying to follow the rules, they still get punished by this ridiculously long wait. They had 2 officers checking over 4,000 people

You can blame all the cruisers that do not follow the rules and try to smuggle alcohol onboard. I was looking at photos recently and there was a woman showing you how she put her alcohol in water bottles. There should be something more done than just confiscating the alcohol. All you smugglers come on, defend breaking the rules.

And you can blame Carnivals ridiculously high prices for drinks for the alcohol smugglers...:rolleyes:

I find that prices on the ship are comparable to when I go out to eat or drink at a bar. Not sure why the prices are considered high. Do people smuggle drinks into a restaurant or bar? Don't think so.

But back on topic... kudos to carnival for stepping up searches.. there could be dangerous liquids they may be looking for in these days of terrorism.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They still opened every carton with cans. I noticed everyone walking around with 12 pack cans had tape over the broken box. It just slows down the process. I feel if people are trying to follow the rules, they still get punished by this ridiculously long wait. They had 2 officers checking over 4,000 people

Ugh

I've been on 8 cruises (6 out of Galveston) and we always bring on water. Sometimes we bring on soda. In January out of Galveston they were VERY strict. If you beverages with you then you had to go to a special table where they remove every item. I had water this time (no soda) that was in a shrink wrapped package. The gentlemen had to remove every single bottle and examine it.

I jokingly told him that I knew he had a job that he had to do, but that he would find out after inspecting all bottles that they were in fact just water. I felt bad that he had to go through that. It was somewhat of an inconvenicne for me but oh well. I did notice there were a lot of bottles that had been confiscated.

I've cruised with people who have smuggled beer on in the past but thank goodness they were not with us that day. Talk about embarassing, lol. Now that they offer Dr. Pepper we don't carry on any sodas, we buy a soda card.

Now, I am not a water snob. But, I to am of the opinion that the water on board causes me to swell. Do I know that for a fact? No. I carry on my water and therefore have it in my room and available for when we are in port.

Just the way I like to do things. :)

Attention all smugglers: You can purchase alcohol on Carnivals Bon Voyage webpage. They don't advertise it but they have a price list and it will be in your cabin when you get there. We purchased 2 bottles and brought on 3 bottles of wine/champagne.

Link for alcohol price list: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/bv_liquor.htm

2419648100032790875S600x600Q85.jpg

I find that prices on the ship are comparable to when I go out to eat or drink at a bar. Not sure why the prices are considered high. Do people smuggle drinks into a restaurant or bar? Don't think so.

I've from the Houston area. Carnival's alcohol prices are somewhat comparable with restaurant prices. But, much higher than prices at a bar/nightclub.

If you are a beer drinker then you can expect to pay $2.75 for a beer. ($1.25 depending on when you go). A think a beer on a Carnival cruiseship is around $5.

Archived