Where are the Carnival Fans???

Jana60

You know what really surprises me is that there are SO many people here in the Carnival section that dislike Carnival! Not that you don't have every right to participate in ANY thread you wish. I'm just surprised there are so many who come to this section to express their displeasure about Carnival. Is this a routine thing? Do folks go to the NCL section to trash talk NCL? Although I've cruised with them 4 or 5 times, I've had some poor experiences that made me quit cruising with NCL. I'm sure many people love them but because I don't, I don't think I have ever been to the NCL section of CC! So I guess I'm curious why many seem to come to the Carnival section to tell of their dislike of Carnival. Oddly there seem to be very few who actually like Carnival, yet by industry standards they are one of the most successful cruise lines so SOMEONE MUST LIKE THEM! Just wondering what the motivation is for a non Carnival fan to even visit this section??? :confused:

Bless your heart! What part of the word "Critic" has you confused?

Bless your heart! What part of the word "Critic" has you confused?

Oddly although you posted in a thread that your cruise in 2009 on Carnival would be your last Carnival cruise you have continued to Cruise with Carnival and Be a "Critic" of Carnival. You don't seem to post at any area other than Carnival section. Do you actually enjoy Carnival more than you let on or do you just enjoy being a "critic"?

Where are all the Carnival fans? Easy answer. They are all on John Healds blog and FB page. Where else can they get their daily dose of medicine that keeps them promoting Carnival. ;) The fact that you had to start this thread should have told you something.

The fact that you had to start this thread should have told you something.

Not really. What has me perplexed is that despite the fact that you are not a fan, 50% of your posts at Cruise Critic are in the Carnival Section. So why do you even read the threads in the Carnival Section if you don't like and don't cruise Carnival. Not being critical here. I'm just curious! :rolleyes:

Not really. What has me perplexed is that despite the fact that you are not a fan, 50% of your posts at Cruise Critic are in the Carnival Section. So why do you even read the threads in the Carnival Section if you don't like and don't cruise Carnival. Not being critical here. I'm just curious! :rolleyes:

Mostly it's pure entertainment. I have never seen a cruise board where people are such fanatics over a cruise line like this one or take things so personally like you're talking about their family in place of a cruise line. Also I have cruised with Carnival a number of times over the years and just like to chime in every once in a while. No rule that states you must cruise a certain line within a given time frame to give an opinion. ;)

The Carnival fans are lurking, waiting to pounce on a bad review ;)

That's not what she ask. I will ask the same question. If you don't or no longer sail Carnival, why are you "TROLLING" the Carnival site?!?:eek:

I sail the big 3....Carnival, RCI and NCL. This upcoming cruise we are sailing Carnival. That's why I'm on this site! I don't give a rats behind what's going on at the other sites. If my next cruise was NCL....that's where I would park my happy butt!!!:D

But let's face it, the reason trollers troll Carnival or any other cruise site which they don't sail....is just to start trouble!! :eek:

As I always say....I would never....and I mean never turn a newbie on to CC because of the way this site has become!:eek:

The Carnival fans are lurking, waiting to pounce on a bad review ;)

That is not why we are not responding or commenting. It is comments like that, or the nastiness from the bad comments that we just got fed up reading all the crap... You can't make a simple question or comment without being attacked. That is why there is no more Carnival fans, we would rather just search for the answers ourselves instead of putting up with all the crap :rolleyes:

You know what really surprises me is that there are SO many people here in the Carnival section that dislike Carnival! Not that you don't have every right to participate in ANY thread you wish. I'm just surprised there are so many who come to this section to express their displeasure about Carnival. Is this a routine thing? Do folks go to the NCL section to trash talk NCL? Although I've cruised with them 4 or 5 times, I've had some poor experiences that made me quit cruising with NCL. I'm sure many people love them but because I don't, I don't think I have ever been to the NCL section of CC! So I guess I'm curious why many seem to come to the Carnival section to tell of their dislike of Carnival. Oddly there seem to be very few who actually like Carnival, yet by industry standards they are one of the most successful cruise lines so SOMEONE MUST LIKE THEM! Just wondering what the motivation is for a non Carnival fan to even visit this section??? :confused:

I think this thread started with an incorrect assumption-that people who complain about Carnival "dislike" Carnival. A complaint about service or a change in the loyalty program, etc. doesn't mean that someone "dislikes" Carnival, it means they are dissatisfied with something at the moment. Plus, I like a good, honest review of any line which means people will include negative things that happened as well as positive. No one is pefect-there is no perfect line-things happen and humans are vastly different in their attitudes towards life and Carnival. ;)

That's not what she ask. I will ask the same question. If you don't or no longer sail Carnival, why are you "TROLLING" the Carnival site?!?:eek:

I sail the big 3....Carnival, RCI and NCL. This upcoming cruise we are sailing Carnival. That's why I'm on this site! I don't give a rats behind what's going on at the other sites. If my next cruise was NCL....that's where I would park my happy butt!!!:D

But let's face it, the reason trollers troll Carnival or any other cruise site which they don't sail....is just to start trouble!! :eek:

As I always say....I would never....and I mean never turn a newbie on to CC because of the way this site has become!:eek:

I have only ever sailed Carnival and currently have two outstanding FCCs, so I guess that blows your theory.

There are 40 topics on page one of the Carnival board at this moment. Only two are negative. Tempest in a teapot topic.

I feel sorry for a new cruiser...either a first time cruiser or someone taking their first Carnival cruise, because if they read ship's reviews under the Review section, they'd be horrified and think they'd wasted their money! And if they believed everything they read here they'd worry about things that most likely won't happen to them.

That has completely been my experience. Husband & I booked our first cruise a few months ago and I came across these boards hoping for a little "inside" information. What I got has been completely disheartening for the most part.

Basically, we had a week in the summer sat aside for vacation with no idea what we wanted to put there...so we decided to try a cruise. We wanted to spend a little less than we spent on our vacation to Hawaii last year, so didn't want to incur the extra travel expense (flights, hotels, transportation) so we went for something during that week that was an easy port to get to and found a 7 day Carnival leaving 45 minutes from home. Perfect.

Thankfully, after all this reading during this time, I have simply found the amusement in it all. Sure, the complainers have every right to complain...just as I have every right to stand outside McDonalds every day and voice my dissatisfaction with them...but I don't, because I have more valuable things to do with my time...hmmm...

Am I a Carnival fan? I don't know? That has yet to be determined. Am I going to go into my first cruise with the mindset that I am going to be miserable and have a horrible time just because some people have nothing better to do that bash a cruise line for hours a day, every day? Absolutely not.

So, go right on bashing and I hope for all future Carnival guests you win your "cruisade" against Carnival...I for one am going to have a fabulous first cruise on Carnival and form my own opinion :)

The good thing there is no statute of limitations required to post here. After 16 Carnival cruises, I still enjoy coming here even though it's been 5 or so years since I've stepped on a Carnival ship.

I only need to visit the Grand Canyon once, yet be able to talk about it a lifetime.

And BTW, there's more than one way to visit any post. Click on the "NEW POSTS" tab, and you can talk about any topic you like.

And MOST importantly, BIG DUCK is an extremely valued member here, whose input is valued highly by this community.

I have only ever sailed Carnival and currently have two outstanding FCCs, so I guess that blows your theory.

Isn't it lovely Duckie??? You're just a hater and a troll :p:p

I miss CC circa 2004....I seriously do.

And MOST importantly, BIG DUCK is an extremely valued member here, whose input is valued highly by this community.

amen.

They come over to our side because we are the fun group!! :D

NO member of cruise critic has any more "VALUE" than any other member. Big Duck was accused of "Trolling" because he came to a thread titled "Where are all the Carnival Fans" and accused Carnival Fans of "Trolling". It didn't make sense and if he is a fan of Carnival I would assume he just likes "stiring a pot".

As everything is now judged on political correctness, the days of having a lot of fun on these boards is gone. I still come here and try and glean any helpful information I can, I participate in roll calls but I, too, miss the old days.

As for Carnival, I have had some cruises that were better than others but NOTHING has ever made me say I would never cruise with them again or, God forbid, say I was done with cruising. I make the most of my vacation time because in the end, I'll never get those 7 days back.

NO member of cruise critic has any more "VALUE" than any other member. Big Duck was accused of "Trolling" because he came to a thread titled "Where are all the Carnival Fans" and accused Carnival Fans of "Trolling". It didn't make sense and if he is a fan of Carnival I would assume he just likes "stiring a pot".

I believe I said Lurk not Troll.

There s no negative connotation to lurking.

Oddly although you posted in a thread that your cruise in 2009 on Carnival would be your last Carnival cruise you have continued to Cruise with Carnival and Be a "Critic" of Carnival. You don't seem to post at any area other than Carnival section. Do you actually enjoy Carnival more than you let on or do you just enjoy being a "critic"?

I give credit where credit is due. By that same token I feel I would be doing readers a disservice by not being honest about my outings.

I am not a "pixiedust" type. If I don't receive a good return on my vacation investment I feel the need to make it known.

I have had outstanding outings on Carnival. Just not lately. I am of the mind that if you really feel that "the worst day cruising is better than the best day working" then you need either a better job or you're an idiot.

Complaining about complainers is nothing but a waste of bandwidth. If you don't want to hear the truth about a negative experience....DON'T. I suggest putting both index fingers in your ears and loudly repeating "NUM-NUM-NUM-NUM". Life is what it is and it isn't perfect. Deal with it.

Archived