Where are the Carnival Fans???

Jana60

But you missed the point that Halos was making. Someone with a lot of cruises has more cruise value experience than someone with 1 or 2 cruises. She didn't say the people had more value, just their experiences had more value. So, she, Big_Duck, Mr. Pete, and others are not demonizing people or trying to criticize them.

PS: I also might add that they do not me or anyone else to defend them.

To refresh your memory the actual wording of the post was:

And MOST importantly, BIG DUCK is an extremely valued member here, whose input is valued highly by this community.

Not just "cruise value experience". He was saying Big duck was a "valued member" and implying that "he" and not just his cruise experience is more valued than others.

Someone was being critical of ME for calling big duck a Troll. I actually was not the first to do so. I was actually responding to his original "Lurk" acusation and accidentally said "Troll" instead which seems to mean much the same thing to me although maybe the meaning here is different that what I'm accustomed to. To refresh your memories about his initial post and my response:

While advice from those who have cruised more frequently is helpful, opinions about a cruise line from people who have NOT cruised with a given Cruise line for many years are often less valuable than an opinion from someone who has only cruised once or twice but just got off the boat and their info is more current. So just because you have gone on MANY cruises does not make you a "more valuable" member of CC.

I think you are the TROLL these people have given lots of good advise . You asked a ? people replied but not the way you wanted them. BTW i have averaged 3 CCL cruises a year for the last 11 years 5 cruises a year if you include Cunard & princess you have a tude

But you missed the point that Halos was making. Someone with a lot of cruises has more cruise value experience than someone with 1 or 2 cruises. She didn't say the people had more value, just their experiences had more value. So, she, Big_Duck, Mr. Pete, and others are not demonizing people or trying to criticize them.

PS: I also might add that they do not me or anyone else to defend them.

Yes I understand regarding experience lol! However regardless of experience everyone is going to have different opinions. You can take 2 people that have the same exact amount of cruises and each will have different attitudes and opinions. And honestly if I was someone cruising for the first time I would take the advice of the one without the attitude. Which is what I see alot on here and was my orignial point.

Jana, most of the people that are voicing their opinions here have been loyal Carnival fans, and are bitterly disappointed in the fact that Carnival has gone into the "warehouse discount store" cruise business.

At one time you could get on a CCL ship and feel it was special, the steel band playing Carribean music, and the special food, it was special!!!!

Now not so much, dj's playing loud music, most of the "entertainment " is do it yourself, karioke, marriage games, game shows. Just not a lot of special moments, and people are disappointed.

Why shouldn't this be a place to voice the disappointment? They read the boards, you can get your point accross better than if you post on JHs boards, since it's all "flowers and sunshine" blown up your skirt there, and if you dare post a negative the kling ons attack you.

What better place than in a medium that allows you to voice good and bad??? I love my CC simply because if JH lets a fart and can say "it stinks" not "Oh did you smell that nice little bouquet?"

JMO and I'm not going to stop voicing it, but you are welcome to block me,

Carole

I think you are the TROLL these people have given lots of good advise . You asked a ? people replied but not the way you wanted them. BTW i have averaged 3 CCL cruises a year for the last 11 years 5 cruises a year if you include Cunard & princess you have a tude

"good advise"? NOT! :rolleyes: A few people did sincerely respond to the question and stated that they stay on the Carnival site because they are fans and while they have some complaints that they hope Carnival will hear and intervene on they continue to prefer Carnival. This is reasonable and I appreciate their responses. :) Others, like you, have responded with personal attacks (like you for instance) or with claims of superior "value" to this community. :confused: In any event it has still been entertaining to read. :D

I think she frequents JH blog thingy, I recognize her SN and avatar.

Most of these people are like two bit players in some Carnival Soap Opera. "As the Cruise Ship Turns". And some of them don't even go on cruises! Whatever. Like they are gonna get a better vacation deal somewhere else. But by god they just wont leave. They love to hear themselves complain.

I think she frequents JH blog thingy, I recognize her SN and avatar.

Are you referring to me or cruisercrazy69? If referring to me, I don't have an Avatar (mine is a photo) and I have only read JH blog a couple of times.

To refresh your memory the actual wording of the post was:

Not just "cruise value experience". He was saying Big duck was a "valued member" and implying that "he" and not just his cruise experience is more valued than others.

Jana60, that is your perception, not mine. I am a big believer in "one persons perception is their reality". But honestly. I don't think for a moment that they were trying to criticize you or anyone else. Surely I'm not.

Now as for CCL, things have changed, some good, some do not impact me, others are terrible IMO. But things have changes on RCI as well. I remember the days when you received a comment card about all aspects of your cruise. You dropped in a container and they had a drawing debarkation morning and gave away a cruise. The last 2 cruises, no comment cards, but a short Email survey about our cruise once we returned home.

Now I ask, does CCL really care what I think, or are they like any business, concerned with the bottom line?

DW and I cruise exclusively on CCL and RCI, Platinum on both. We cruise, not for perks, but because we love to cruise. At this point we have no desire to look at any other lines, but as things change, we may 1 day.

Most of these people are like two bit players in some Carnival Soap Opera. "As the Cruise Ship Turns". And some of them don't even go on cruises! Whatever. Like they are gonna get a better vacation deal somewhere else. But by god they just wont leave. They love to hear themselves complain.

I started this thread because I truly wanted to understand why these folks stay at the Carnival section of CC but I will admit that a little controversy does make for more interesting reading. If everyone responding to my post had been all hearts and flowers the thread probably would have ended after 3 posts. People do love a soap opera! :D

While advice from those who have cruised more frequently is helpful, opinions about a cruise line from people who have NOT cruised with a given Cruise line for many years are often less valuable than an opinion from someone who has only cruised once or twice but just got off the boat and their info is more current. So just because you have gone on MANY cruises does not make you a "more valuable" member of CC.

I agree totally that sailing on a line years ago doesn't give you as much credibility at all. I too believe that a more recent experience means more, but if the person sailed recently and has had numerous cruises AND has sailed more than one line, then they are pretty much a go-to-person if I have a question. I won't go to someone totally new to cruising for advice....or someone with less experience than me. There are plenty of members here with more cruises than I could ever hope to take, already under their belts and they have been very vauluable to me...literally have saved me hundreds of dollars over my years as a member here.

Now as for CCL, things have changed, some good, some do not impact me, others are terrible IMO. But things have changes on RCI as well. I remember the days when you received a comment card about all aspects of your cruise. You dropped in a container and they had a drawing debarkation morning and gave away a cruise. The last 2 cruises, no comment cards, but a short Email survey about our cruise once we returned home.

Now I ask, does CCL really care what I think, or are they like any business, concerned with the bottom line?

DW and I cruise exclusively on CCL and RCI, Platinum on both. We cruise, not for perks, but because we love to cruise. At this point we have no desire to look at any other lines, but as things change, we may 1 day.

I do wonder about the lack of comment cards but the survey we received had the same type of questions as the card formerly did. The odd thing was that they only sent a survey to my sister but not to me. Since I'm the one who pays for all the cruises in my family, I would have thought they would want my opinion but they did not send me a survey. Thats OK cuz I filled out her survey with MY opinions. :p I told them the things I especially loved about the cruise as well as the places where they could improve and because I've cruises frequently I was able to cone down onto the areas that are ongoing concerns. I guess they only wanted the opinion of new customers for that cruise???

33 cruises and dont know how to put gratuities on your cruise card :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1346590

I agree totally that sailing on a line years ago doesn't give you as much credibility at all. I too believe that a more recent experience means more, but if the person sailed recently and has had numerous cruises AND has sailed more than one line, then they are pretty much a go-to-person if I have a question. I won't go to someone totally new to cruising for advice....or someone with less experience than me. There are plenty of members here with more cruises than I could ever hope to take, already under their belts and they have been very vauluable to me...literally have saved me hundreds of dollars over my years as a member here.

Same goes for folks who live in or have cruised a location frequently. I love to find someone on the Roll Call of my cruises who knows the best hotel for pre-cruse stay, the best and most economical tours, etc...

Thanks to these kind of folks I was able to book an all inclusive beach break in Progresso in may for half the price it would have cost me directly from the cruise line. Gotta love it! :D

Carnival fan here. I do not lurke. Carnival suits my cruisng needs. Yes things have changed and not for the better but Carnival fits my budget and I love it. Just going with the flow and loving my cruising time.

There will always be those who do not like something about anything. They will voice their opinion and rightfully so. To bad some become hate mungers in the process.

33 cruises and dont know how to put gratuities on your cruise card :)

In defense of cruisercrazy69 and the rest of us who don't know EVERYTHING even if we have cruised frequently, its not nice to put people down for their questions. I have cruised 9 times with Carnival and I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question at another thread about what juices are available on the "bottomless bubbles". I had never been concerned about what juices were available until I started debating about whether to buy a bottle of something from BV for my next cruise. Even after many cruises you can come accross new questions. Thats the most valuable aspect of CC. Getting answers to my dumb questions.:p

In defense of cruisercrazy69 and the rest of us who don't know EVERYTHING even if we have cruised frequently, its not nice to put people down for their questions. I have cruised 9 times with Carnival and I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question at another thread about what juices are available on the "bottomless bubbles". I had never been concerned about what juices were available until I started debating about whether to buy a bottle of something from BV for my next cruise. Even after many cruises you can come accross new questions. Thats the most valuable aspect of CC. Getting answers to my dumb questions.:p

in the defense of the person cruisecrazy69 called a troll ,thats not nice either :)

I don't know where your question is but the answer is standard bar mix juices (e.g. Orange, Pineaple, Cranberry).

I hope this answer has value.

Archived