Where are the Carnival Fans???

Jana60

I actually don't hate Carnival at all, although I am very disappointed in the bedding I've gotten lately, I LOVE my Carnival Comfort bed!!!! My last cruise the bed was hard and so lumpy I felt like I was sleeping on a mattress filled with rocks, ugh (old nurse, bad back, blah, blah, blah)

Ok so I have a cochlear implant and am pretty much not a music lover anymore :( because electronic sound isn't the same as normal hearing.

I don't hate any of it!!!

I do hate that JH is spending so much time on negativity in his blog against Cruise Critic, if you read him daily you see a LOT of back biting and mentions of CC in a very ugly manner.

I think it makes the company look shoddy for accepting this from someone that is supposed to be front line PR.

I just have to stick up for the fact that this is Cruise Critic, people have a right to voice their good experiences and bad ones, when you remove the right to say "hey I'm not happy because..........." people call it negativity???

If not everyone is posting flowers and light, then you know what??? Move on to the next post, but don't try and take away peoples rights to voice opinions, for every negative post there are 5 others saying "we had a great time"

Not everything is going to be "brilliant" for everyone, and if that is what people expect they need to go to a board that drinks the kool aid, and JH farts roses.

Here it's real life experiences, and I value that. I can either figure out how to avoid the pitfalls or not cruise at that time (for instance I know enough not to cruise a short cruise during spring break if I will be offended by rowdy party type folks)

It's good info and it should be taken for what it is. Seems any negative comments are being labeled as Haters.

JMO, Carole

Sarah is spot on. You are always an elegant voice of reason.

I do hate that JH is spending so much time on negativity in his blog against Cruise Critic, if you read him daily you see a LOT of back biting and mentions of CC in a very ugly manner.

I think it makes the company look shoddy for accepting this

Same as what the CC folks do to him.

Your right, people can come to CC to complain if they like.

The problem is that a small number of high volume posters seem to endlessly post the same negative stuff day after day in thread after thread.

You see their name, you know what's coming. By now we know you don’t like Carnival, no need to tell us again and again

I really don't think many of them are even current Carnival cruises.

IMHO if you don't currently cruise Carnival I don't really care what you think about Carnival.

I don't care for Celebrity cruise line and do not currently cruise with them. But I would not go to the Celebrity board and endlessly tell them why I don't care for Celebrity.

The problem is that a small number of high volume posters seem to endlessly post the same negative stuff day after day in thread after thread.

You see their name, you know what's coming. By now we know you don’t like Carnival, no need to tell us again and again

IMHO if you don't currently cruise Carnival I don't really care what you think about Carnival.

I don't care for Celebrity cruise line and do not currently cruise with them. But I would not go to the Celebrity board and endlessly tell them why I don't care for Celebrity.

Yes that!

I'd also add these people always mention how disappointed they are with what has happened to "their" Carnival.

I understand that CCL has decided to segment the market and perhaps Carnival no longer meets your desires and expectations.

So move on!

It's not that this group doesn't have great knowledge and wisdom. It's that they seldom impart it

except to say "today's Carnival sucks!" OK - got it. Now could you actually give some more info or help.

Cruise4, these people treat Carnival like they were old lovers where things went bad and can't get beyond it.

"You got fat""You've changed""Where is the Calypso band" All sounds the same.

Where in the board guidelines does it state that a member must be currently booked on a cruise in order to pass judgement?

Once again, this is Cruise CRITIC. I would suggest that if you want Carnival is perfect all the time look elsewhere.

Where in the board guidelines does it state that a member must be currently booked on a cruise in order to pass judgement?

Once again, this is Cruise CRITIC. I would suggest that if you want Carnival is perfect all the time look elsewhere.

If you do not currently cruise Carnival how can you know what's going on?

IMHO just cruising the internet is not enough.

Please just state in you post that you don't cruise Carnival but still feel the need to tell us why you don't like Carnival.

Then I can move on to the people who DO currently cruise Carnival and find out what they have to say...good or bad.

ahhhhhhhhh but right there is my complaint, the people here do not represent anything but themselves. JH is a public figure and spokesperson for this large company, a semi celebrity in his own right. To poke fun back at critics??? Really? A company spokesperson??? I don't think so.

So many stars and celebrities are constantly ridiculed for weight, personal habits, whatever the public doesn't like. They accept this as part of the celebrity status, people like to tear down a celebrity, it's the way things are. For him to shoot back is really unbecoming.

Do I care what he weighs? Nope, you'll never hear me tear him down, except to say that he is being unprofessional in his constant bashing back at CC people.

It's my opinion. Carole

Please just state in you post that you don't cruise Carnival but still feel the need to tell us why you don't like Carnival.

Then I can move on to the people who DO currently cruise Carnival and find out what they have to say...good or bad.

I DO cruise Carnival, in fact have a cruise in a few months, I will come back and give a review, I hope its "brilliant" but if it's not I will say so, it's called freedom of speech.

I believe Celebrity just had a major shake up in powers that be, perhaps you will enjoy them again if some changes are made.

I really like the product, but alas my husband smokes (never in the stateroom of course) but he likes to have a morning or bedtime cigarette on his balcony, so until they change their policy or I can finally convince him to give up the things, we cruise a line that allows him to have a smoke on his balcony.

Not defending Big_Duck, but if you look back several pages, you will read his cruise history. He has cruised only with CCL and has 2 cruises booked with CCL.

I believe Celebrity just had a major shake up in powers that be, perhaps you will enjoy them again if some changes are made.

I really like the product, but alas my husband smokes (never in the stateroom of course) but he likes to have a morning or bedtime cigarette on his balcony, so until they change their policy or I can finally convince him to give up the things, we cruise a line that allows him to have a smoke on his balcony.

That too is 1 reason I have never looked at booking Celebrity. Just haven't quit the bad habit yet.:(

ahhhhhhhhh but right there is my complaint, the people here do not represent anything but themselves. JH is a public figure and spokesperson for this large company, a semi celebrity in his own right. To poke fun back at critics??? Really? A company spokesperson??? I don't think so.

So many stars and celebrities are constantly ridiculed for weight, personal habits, whatever the public doesn't like. They accept this as part of the celebrity status, people like to tear down a celebrity, it's the way things are. For him to shoot back is really unbecoming.

Do I care what he weighs? Nope, you'll never hear me tear him down, except to say that he is being unprofessional in his constant bashing back at CC people.

It's my opinion. Carole

I totallyagree with what you are and have been saying, very balanced. I do think cruise4music has taken over as the cheerleader monitor of cc and cannot believe that anyone would dare make any kind of negative comment. I guess there has to be one or two around at all times We have always enjoyed Carnival but there's always room for improvement on any line and Carnival as well.

No. You don't get to set the guidelines as to who can post what, the owners of this board and on their behalf the moderators do.

You don't like it, you can go back to Heald land.

I have not read any of the responses, but I do like Carnival, and I am NOT young. I'm 69, but a YOUNG 69 as most people tell me. I am NOT a party person as they say Carnival is, but we always have a GREAT time.

You mentioned NCL. I and a friend went on one of their brand new ships a few years ago, and will not go back, but NO, I have never go under NCL in

CC and said anything about it.

As for your question, I think some people are just "nit pickers", and can't find anything else to do, other than complain.

There will always be things a person will not like on their cruise, but TRY to find the GOOD things about it.:) I for one LOVE the beds and bedding. Also, I find that the Carnival rooms are a tad larger than some of the other ships.

I do like Princess, RCCL and Holland American also.

You know what really surprises me is that there are SO many people here in the Carnival section that dislike Carnival! Not that you don't have every right to participate in ANY thread you wish. I'm just surprised there are so many who come to this section to express their displeasure about Carnival. Is this a routine thing? Do folks go to the NCL section to trash talk NCL? Although I've cruised with them 4 or 5 times, I've had some poor experiences that made me quit cruising with NCL. I'm sure many people love them but because I don't, I don't think I have ever been to the NCL section of CC! So I guess I'm curious why many seem to come to the Carnival section to tell of their dislike of Carnival. Oddly there seem to be very few who actually like Carnival, yet by industry standards they are one of the most successful cruise lines so SOMEONE MUST LIKE THEM! Just wondering what the motivation is for a non Carnival fan to even visit this section??? :confused:

I agree! We love Carnival and have had many great cruises. Was everything perfect? Of course not, but the same goes for our experience with RCL, as well. My "MO" has always been to focus on the positive, and try and fix the negative if possible. And I have always turned to CC to try and learn from others, ask questions, etc.

But, in answer to your question: their motivation? I think they are... (select the correct response):

A. Negative, whiny people who just like to bi**h and moan and stir the

pot

B. People who have unreasonable expectations

C. People with overinflated egos, who assume every word out of their

mouths is a gem and that everyone wants to hear what they have to

say

D. People who have WAY too much free time on their hands

E. All of the above

Sometimes you just have to shrug and move on! :rolleyes:

I actually don't hate Carnival at all, although I am very disappointed in the bedding I've gotten lately, I LOVE my Carnival Comfort bed!!!! My last cruise the bed was hard and so lumpy I felt like I was sleeping on a mattress filled with rocks, ugh (old nurse, bad back, blah, blah, blah)

Ok so I have a cochlear implant and am pretty much not a music lover anymore :( because electronic sound isn't the same as normal hearing.

I don't hate any of it!!!

I think it makes the company look shoddy for accepting this from someone that is supposed to be front line PR.

I just have to stick up for the fact that this is Cruise Critic, people have a right to voice their good experiences and bad ones, when you remove the right to say "hey I'm not happy because..........." people call it negativity???

If not everyone is posting flowers and light, then you know what??? Move on to the next post, but don't try and take away peoples rights to voice opinions, for every negative post there are 5 others saying "we had a great time"

Not everything is going to be "brilliant" for everyone, and if that is what people expect they need to go to a board that drinks the kool aid, and JH farts roses.

Here it's real life experiences, and I value that. I can either figure out how to avoid the pitfalls or not cruise at that time (for instance I know enough not to cruise a short cruise during spring break if I will be offended by rowdy party type folks)

It's good info and it should be taken for what it is. Seems any negative comments are being labeled as Haters.

JMO, Carole

Carole I agree...I have never had a bad cruise...I have enjoyed every one.

Was there issues...yup...was there cutbacks...yup

Did I book another with CCL yup

If people want to live in neverland where everything is perfect...that is their issue

As for JH...I am so confused that there is now a group that wants to buy him a gift or now do a donation in his name...since he is an EMPLOYEE of CCL and cannot accept the gift.

Reality people...the strawberries are not coming out of his pocket...he is not your friend(unless you met him and have personal relationship outside of cruising) otherwise he is doing his JOB.

Maybe I should start a FB page to give away strawberries...then I could get a Nice watch....:cool:

IT seems people like to incite more than I remember in past years. Some can no longer post a message to express their view without inserted phrases or words with no other intent other than to incite others.

"John Heald Land" or "Cheer Leaders" or "Buy a Clue". Calling everything a "lie" or "lurking vs trolling".

I don't mean this to single out anyone or critique writing styles, only to point out that when people add such words to posts - they aren't just posting, they read more along the intent of trying to incite a negative reaction. I reminds of third graders calling each other names.

I like Carnival, but disagree with some of their business practices. If I post something that I like about Carnival, a response calls me a "cheerleader" with a negative connotation attached.

That is where I lost respect for many of the posters. If you have an issue, state your issue without resorting to name calling. If you've stated your issue repeatedly on various threads... OK... I heard you.. you don't like it. But over and over and over makes it look like you have a grudge you can't let go and it consumes a lot of your time.

I miss more of the information sharing and less of the name calling.

If people want to live in neverland where everything is perfect...that is their issue

As for JH...I am so confused that there is now a group that wants to buy him a gift or now do a donation in his name...since he is an EMPLOYEE of CCL and cannot accept the gift.

Reality people...the strawberries are not coming out of his pocket...he is not your friend(unless you met him and have personal relationship outside of cruising) otherwise he is doing his JOB.

Maybe I should start a FB page to give away strawberries...then I could get a Nice watch....:cool:

I like reading his blogs for some of the insider information but disagree on some of his thoughts.

Although I like reading his blog... I didn't like the idea some had put forth to buy him watch. I think those people are fans who just went a little too far just as others who read his blog/FB page only to find things to complain about repeatedly. It seems he invokes such extremes on both sides... strange.

I totallyagree with what you are and have been saying, very balanced. I do think cruise4music has taken over as the cheerleader monitor of cc and cannot believe that anyone would dare make any kind of negative comment. I guess there has to be one or two around at all times We have always enjoyed Carnival but there's always room for improvement on any line and Carnival as well.

Why not stay on topic instead of a personal attack?

So you don't agree with me.

Attack what I say but please don't attack me.

Thank you.

IT seems people like to incite more than I remember in past years. Some can no longer post a message to express their view without inserted phrases or words with no other intent other than to incite others.

"John Heald Land" or "Cheer Leaders" or "Buy a Clue". Calling everything a "lie" or "lurking vs trolling".

I don't mean this to single out anyone or critique writing styles, only to point out that when people add such words to posts - they aren't just posting, they read more along the intent of trying to incite a negative reaction. I reminds of third graders calling each other names.

I like Carnival, but disagree with some of their business practices. If I post something that I like about Carnival, a response calls me a "cheerleader" with a negative connotation attached.

That is where I lost respect for many of the posters. If you have an issue, state your issue without resorting to name calling. If you've stated your issue repeatedly on various threads... OK... I heard you.. you don't like it. But over and over and over makes it look like you have a grudge you can't let go and it consumes a lot of your time.

Just want to point out, there is nothing wrong with lurking, it's just someone that reads the posts and doesn't really respond or get into exchanges.

Trolling is a different story, it's someone that takes malicious joy in getting something started on the boards for their own sad little game.

When duck said something about lurking it wasn't disrespectful or mean, and I've seen him stand up for Carnival often, somehow this day has turned into a bash Duck and Halos fest, I for one respect their opinions, they are experienced cruisers that can offer good, honest advice.

Carole

Seems like there is always change in life, some for the better, some for the worse, most is a matter of the opinion. I had an office manager who was happily married to her husband for 30 years but they had both gone through bitter divorces prior to meeting each other. She always said "one mans trash is another's treasure". Thats the way it is for alot of things. Certainly things have changed at Carnival. Some things changed because they couldn't afford to provide it without raising prices higher than they wanted to. Somethings changed because some of us WANTED the change. For instance, the Karaoke. They used to have maybe an hour of Karaoke per day, if that. Now they have Karaoke for 2-3 hours in evenings and sometimes for an hour in the afternoon so that children can participate if they wish. They also added the Guest show/Legends show and the Superstar Live. These changes are probably disliked by some, yet the room is always packed at Karaoke, superstar live and the Guest show so many people evidently really liked this change. Its pretty universal that people liked the band on the pool deck, the free drinks at Captains reception and the Fun Farewell party but I think these were instances where the budget just wouldn't support it and unlike the USA, Carnival can't just print their own money or borrow it from China.

That too is 1 reason I have never looked at booking Celebrity. Just haven't quit the bad habit yet.:(
Ironic that this is the primary reason we will be going Celebrity.

If we did not book a balcony ,it wouldn't be as big an issue.

You hit the nail on the head. It is not so much the expression of negative opinions that is concerning as it is the name calling and implying that others are stupid if they don't agree. Whether I express the things I love Or express the things I don't like about Carnival I shouldn't be called a "cheerleader" or a "troll". I didn't even know what "trolling" was and quite frankly thought it was the same as "lurking". I need folks to define their insults! :rolleyes:

Archived