Where are the Carnival Fans???

Jana60

NO member of cruise critic has any more "VALUE" than any other member. Big Duck was accused of "Trolling" because he came to a thread titled "Where are all the Carnival Fans" and accused Carnival Fans of "Trolling". It didn't make sense and if he is a fan of Carnival I would assume he just likes "stiring a pot".

Do you observe anything here at all? If anyone posts anything negative about CCL, the 'fans' POUNCE.

That is all Duck said and it's totally true.

The problem is, these boards are a lot more full of negativity than they ever were years ago, and that makes things a lot less fun. The fans want to think that people are just a lot more negative, but the truth is, there is more to complain about now than there ever was before because things on CCL are just not quite the same.

This is Cruise Critic. There is NEVER going to be a time when all that is posted here is sunshine and happiness. The best thing for you to do is to use your ignore feature for posts and posters that you do not like to read. It is a great tool :)

Let the moderators decide what is valid for these boards. Calling a truly valued member here a troll isn't a great thing to do.

OH and as far as value...you're wrong. Someone's cruising experience determines their value here and not everyone here is equal. Obviously someone like Tom&Cheryl with over 100 cruises between them have more value to members here that someone who is taking their second cruise....and people who have cruised numerous lines have more knowledge/value than the cruise line monogamous.

When all is said and done, cruising in general has gone down dramatically. In the early 80's when I started cruising, the entertainment was top notch and the food in the MDR was the quality of the food in the specialty restaurants. You can still get that, but you pay more and go on a high end cruise line which for me is not worth it. I have been on NCL, RC and Carnival and to me they are all the same for what "I" look for in a cruise.

1) is the ship clean

2) is the bar open

3) is the restaurant open

4) Itinerary

5) Can I relax and have fun!

on all the cruise lines the answer is yes, so find me the best deal with the best itinerary and away we go. In my opinion there is very little difference between the cruise lines in these 5 points other than value.

The thing that I don't get is the totally condescending attitude some people take. Inferring that only the bottom people on the socioeconomic ladder could enjoy Carnival because they don't know any better. Fine, if you want caviar, escargot, are used to being pampered 24/7, want ice in your bucket (placed their by a servant), warm robes, elegant dining, classical music, no ill-behaved children, then maybe this isn't the cruise line for you. There are certainly others.

I understand that things ain't what they used to be, and there is a nostalgic sadness that comes with that but......don't denigrate those of us who, if not for bargain-cruising, wouldn't be able to cruise at all.

Agreed. Probably one of the biggest problems on this site. As you can see it on this thread alone.

Ok then...next time you need cruise advice, I'd like you to get it from a cruise virgin. After all, they're a member here..so they have just as much value to you as someone who has sailed 30 times.

Good luck with that.

When all is said and done, cruising in general has gone down dramatically. In the early 80's when I started cruising, the entertainment was top notch and the food in the MDR was the quality of the food in the specialty restaurants. You can still get that, but you pay more and go on a high end cruise line which for me is not worth it. I have been on NCL, RC and Carnival and to me they are all the same for what "I" look for in a cruise.

1) is the ship clean

2) is the bar open

3) is the restaurant open

4) Itinerary

5) Can I relax and have fun!

on all the cruise lines the answer is yes, so find me the best deal with the best itinerary and away we go. In my opinion there is very little difference between the cruise lines in these 5 points other than value.

Back in the 80's you paid alot more.

The good thing there is no statute of limitations required to post here. After 16 Carnival cruises, I still enjoy coming here even though it's been 5 or so years since I've stepped on a Carnival ship.

I only need to visit the Grand Canyon once, yet be able to talk about it a lifetime.

And BTW, there's more than one way to visit any post. Click on the "NEW POSTS" tab, and you can talk about any topic you like.

And MOST importantly, BIG DUCK is an extremely valued member here, whose input is valued highly by this community.

Well said!

It's very easy to judge the tilt of a thread by the first few posts. If you don't like where the thread is heading - hit.the.back.button!

If you want all sunshine and pixie dust might I suggest one of the Disney boards?

NO member of cruise critic has any more "VALUE" than any other member. Big Duck was accused of "Trolling" because he came to a thread titled "Where are all the Carnival Fans" and accused Carnival Fans of "Trolling". It didn't make sense and if he is a fan of Carnival I would assume he just likes "stiring a pot".

I disagree.

Too bad they don't have the "Reputation" button here like they have on other sites.

There are people here that contribute nothing but valuable helpful information. Oddly, there are others here that said nothing more than mindless good morning, afternoon, and evenings.

And everything in between.

I hardly think their value is on the same plain.

I have learned over the years who contributes what and how, and certainly learned who were here just to, let's say, make it interesting.

I miss some. I don't miss others.

But everyone had a right to say what was on their minds.

i disagree.

Too bad they don't have the "reputation" button here like they have on other sites.

There are people here that contribute nothing but valuable helpful information. Oddly, there are others here that said nothing more than mindless good morning, afternoon, and evenings.

And everything in between.

I hardly think their value is on the same plain.

I have learned over the years who contributes what and how, and certainly learned who were here just to, let's say, make it interesting.

I miss some. I don't miss others.

But everyone had a right to say what was on their minds.

Ok then...next time you need cruise advice, I'd like you to get it from a cruise virgin. After all, they're a member here..so they have just as much value to you as someone who has sailed 30 times.

Good luck with that.

This is exactly what I was talking about lol! Thanks! I need no advice. And I don't value someone that has 30 plus rides under their belt higher than someone that sailed 8 times.

Back in the 80's you paid alot more.

you are correct, you did pay more, however you really didn't have a choice like you do now. With everything said, go with who you like and quit the complaining. I can sit there and start being picky between the different lines, but overall it just isn't worth it! A week at sea is a whole lot better than a week at work.

This is exactly what I was talking about lol! Thanks! I need no advice. And I don't value someone that has 30 plus rides under their belt higher than someone that sailed 8 times.

But you missed the point that Halos was making. Someone with a lot of cruises has more cruise value experience than someone with 1 or 2 cruises. She didn't say the people had more value, just their experiences had more value. So, she, Big_Duck, Mr. Pete, and others are not demonizing people or trying to criticize them.

PS: I also might add that they do not me or anyone else to defend them.

Carnival has decided that the changes will overall be profitable. Perhaps they will piss off some old customers but perhaps they will make up those customers and more with new ones. Its a business decision. Some people agree, some disagree. The bottom line is their success is measured by whether or not they stay profitable. If they do then the changes, as far as they are concerned, are for the better.

There are lots of other vacation options available. Different cruise lines, etc. What I do not understand is why the totally unhappy people stay here and carp day after day when they can avail themselves of other options. I honestly believe some are paid trolls (one in particular) and others for some reason have some crazy, obsessive axe to grind. In any case its just a waste of time.

I have only ever sailed Carnival and currently have two outstanding FCCs, so I guess that blows your theory.

As far as you are concerned....maybe, but I still stand by my statement for most of the trolls!!!

But you missed the point that Halos was making. Someone with a lot of cruises has more cruise value experience than someone with 1 or 2 cruises. She didn't say the people had more value, just their experiences had more value. So, she, Big_Duck, Mr. Pete, and others are not demonizing people or trying to criticize them.

PS: I also might add that they do not me or anyone else to defend them.

The fact that this should even have to be explained says a lot....

Isn't it lovely Duckie??? You're just a hater and a troll :p:p

I miss CC circa 2004....I seriously do.

amen.

Someone was being critical of ME for calling big duck a Troll. I actually was not the first to do so. I was actually responding to his original "Lurk" acusation and accidentally said "Troll" instead which seems to mean much the same thing to me although maybe the meaning here is different that what I'm accustomed to. To refresh your memories about his initial post and my response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_duck viewpost.gif

The Carnival fans are lurking, waiting to pounce on a bad review ;)

You are in the Carnival Section of a chat site and evidently waited for a thread entitled "Where are the Carnival Fans" to come and inform us that YOU are NOT one. WHO'S LURKING??? :rolleyes:

While advice from those who have cruised more frequently is helpful, opinions about a cruise line from people who have NOT cruised with a given Cruise line for many years are often less valuable than an opinion from someone who has only cruised once or twice but just got off the boat and their info is more current. So just because you have gone on MANY cruises does not make you a "more valuable" member of CC.

I have been a Carnival fan, I always thought that Carnival gave you the best value for the money. My family and I have had great vacations from Carnival.

But just because I have and do still feel that it is an excellent cruise line (I still recommend it to my friends) doesn't mean that I should not criticize it. I disagree strongly with the company's policy of their cutbacks which reduces the quality of an excellent cruise line. I do believe that Carnival is trying to push cruisers like myself into Princess and Holland America.

I find nothing wrong about stating this on the Carnival Boards. If enough individuals criticize Carnival perhaps Carnival will "get the message" and stop with the cutbacks in service.

The good thing there is no statute of limitations required to post here. After 16 Carnival cruises, I still enjoy coming here even though it's been 5 or so years since I've stepped on a Carnival ship.

I only need to visit the Grand Canyon once, yet be able to talk about it a lifetime.

And BTW, there's more than one way to visit any post. Click on the "NEW POSTS" tab, and you can talk about any topic you like.

And MOST importantly, BIG DUCK is an extremely valued member here, whose input is valued highly by this community.

So, if you have not sailed Carnival for 5 years or more, how do you have a clue as to what kind of product Carnival has had the last few years?!? The only way you know is what you read on the Carnival site , as you said yourself that have not sailed Carnival in 5 or more years!! You have nothing of value to add to what kind of product Carnival offers now as....you have not experienced it!!!!!!

While Big Duck and some others have experienced Carnival of late,which is find, I still hold to my statement that many posters troll the Carnival site to start trouble!!!!

Archived