Husband never knows where he's going

Petoonya

I do all the research, choose the cruise based on some chat, make the travel arrangements and do the stress. OH and kids go with the flow. They can cos I don't ;) OH is better packer though lol.

he doesn't even want to hear about it until a month before we leave. As i book it a year before, Cruisecritic is a necessity so I can get my pre-cruise excitement vented. All he wants to know is what window he can't book work during. LOL And I have to keep reminding him for an entire year.

I do all the planning and my wife just says "Tell me when the the plane leaves and what the temperature will be like so I can pack the right cloths"

I think after 3 cruise is has 5 post on CC

Our friends are the same way, he does all the planning also

At least you don't have to pack her bags too. :rolleyes:

Tenn....we're on the same cruise! We'll have to get Mr. Tenn and Mr. Petoonya together.

And Mr. Petoonya still does not how to use his Iphone calendar. When he gets the "ding" reminders, he says, "honey, what was that?".

I'm Mrs. Petoonya and I approve this message.

I booked after much research:rolleyes: DH knows I'm interested in it but he doesn't know I've booked it yet. Did you say "Iphone"? I think a regular old cell phone is for him. I still have to enter new contacts on that for him. I think he has me figured out -:o

I must be an anomaly. I buy my own clothes, and pack for myself too. BTW, I always get a chuckle when I go into a men's clothing store and most (almost all) of the shoppers in there are women.

I can't imagine letting someone else pick out my clothes.

I must be an anomaly. I buy my own clothes, and pack for myself too. BTW, I always get a chuckle when I go into a men's clothing store and most (almost all) of the shoppers in there are women.

arewethereyet - My husband, also, likes to buy his own clothes and pack for himself when we travel. I just have to talk him out of packing a tux when we cruise, because it is a habit from when most men wore tuxes on formal night :)

We discuss several possibilities for vacation, then I go off to do all the research and planning and come back with a proposal. My lawyer talks to her lawyer, etc. then we reach agreement. Once that is done, I book the actual trip (whatever it may be). Once confirmation is received, we start the countdown. One week prior, I retrieve the suitcases from the attic, and she FILLS them with stuff that I get to lift (she says it keeps me in shape). The trip starts, and is immediately over. I get to carry the bags again. She empties them while I unload the photos from the camera, and then it's over.

Does your spouse/partner/cruise buddy know what you've booked? Get involved at all in planning?

We cruise or do a land vacation every six months or so. My husband lets it be known what he's interested in, then lets me run with it. I let him know what I've booked and what/when we're going. In ten minutes he's forgotten about it. He always enjoys our cruise vacations immensely, but he doesn't care to enter into any discussion pre-cruise or port activity planning.

He doesn't have Alzheimers, and he loves travel. But often a few days before our cruises he'll ask "where are we going again?" And we'll be headed to the airport to catch a flight for Venice while he was thinking all along we were flying an hour away to the grandkids. Then he gets all excited and plunges happily into the adventure.

I just booked a Sydney to Hawaii cruise today. Husband said "should be great". He's a peach, but he'll forget. If I died tonight we'd lose the deposit on two cruises ;)

Maybe it's just the way it is for cruise families. How does it work for you?

Our husbands are related.

I do all the planning, I basically know what we like and what he'll do, although he just says "take me".....He DOES remember where we're going, tho'. Except when we get back, he'll sometimes confuse ports or some of the things of what we saw...My husband does not know whare the bodies are buried, or else we would also lose all deposits, etc....But, he has a great time, signs up for the next adventure, and I have him speaking Bernini very well...

Ditto to almost everything in this whole thread!

I make a list of the cruises more than a year ahead of time...when he is in an especially cheery mood , I whip out the list an say "What do you think of these ideas? with my most charming smile.

He then proceeds to look at the list for the maximum of 10 minutes , selects his top choice and whalaaa , I book the cruise before he can change his mind.

I think he knows we are going to Northern Europe next year , that´s about all....ha!

I , on the other hand , have the whole trip planned , including hotels booked and our cruise is over a year away.

Funny , as we say in Portuguese "Just the address changes"

Kim

I thought I was the only one..... my husband actually once said it was too much work to plan a vacation so lets not go! :eek: I was just asking him his opinion about different destinations for an all inclusive! That has got to be about as simple as it gets. Now I just plan everything and tell him which week. I do wish that for once he would plan something and surprise me like other peoples spouses have done.

I feel like we're all married to the same man. My husband takes very little interest until we are aboard the ship. He really doesn't care where we go. I make the plans with the other 2 couples with whom we cruise, and put it on my DH's calendar. I make the arrangements, through my TA for all of us and send out the info to all. I even do the online check-ins for all and book shore excursions. Then we all have a great time. I guess I enjoy the planning as much as the trip and the rest don't really want to worry about until time to go.

Margaret

Same here. Once I showed DH the pictures of the beer fridges at Michaels and the menu....he was sold on returning to the Summit:p. I know he'd much rather go to Belgium for his. Birthday but is generous enough to indulge my obsession and have a good time too.

Next year I am cruising from Hong Kong to Shanghai - however my husband is cruising from Hong Kong to Singapore!!! :D

Marianne

THIS is my husband. Listening to him telling friends about going on our 2010 France land trip was priceless. He'd tell people we were going to Bordeaux...hmmm no honey, we're going to to Burgundy...oh, Brittany you say, no that would be Normandy. But I guess at least he got the country right :)

We work as a team iin our household. My wife plans the cruise, and I pay for it. :cool:

That's pretty much how it works in our household too. I'm continually scouring the cruise itineraries and bring forward ideas of where to go to DH. He agrees where to go and then we decide on a "loose" budget. I go from there and plan everything. DH doesn't even pack...he just says for me to pack the usual. I do insist on him trying things on before I pack it though to make sure they actually still fit.

He literally only makes sure to bring the money. I have everything else. Once we're actually on our way, I even have his wallet including all his ID. I jokingly said to him a couple of times when we've been in an airport that if I decided to ditch him he would be stuck as he would have no money, no itinerary and no passport.

DH has no computer literacy whatsoever either so I'm the one on CC making friends. When we meet up on board, he gets so excited coming up to me that this is so and so etc.

For some reason, it all works and we have 3 cruises currently in the works. I guess if anything happens to me he'll have to get the kids to try and sort out our bookings.

A funny story as well. About 10 years ago at the end of a family holiday, I was getting off in Toronto to attend a work conference and DH was continuing on home with connecting flights with the kids. All of a sudden the kids panicked when they realized that I wasn't going home with them. They asked how they would get home as they didn't realize that their dad could actually do all of the checking in at the airport. My littlest one (who was only about 7 at the time) actually led the others to all of the counters for check in.

Husband was a bit wasted at the last wedding we attended and left suit coat jacket behind.

I found a new blue suit at Nordstrom's today and will drag him in for a fitting this weekend.

He'd rather get a Nehru jacket at Goodwill then shop for men's clothing.

This entire thread is hilarious! :D

Yes it is, but one sobering thought is the very recent study which opines that excessive alcohol ingestion by the elderly is now believed to be one of the most significant events in the promulgation of early dementia in the aforesaid. And, it suggests that this is true for those over 55, who ingest more than two alcoholic libations per day; and, this is for men. The figure is one for women.

LOL too funny everyone and too familiar.

For vacations, my husband and i have the perfect plan...I plan everything, he figures out how to pay for it.

I plan cuz he has no sense of direction.....I mean none. It took him 6 months to remember which direction the grocery store was when we moved. I on the other hand need to visit a place once or twice and it's stuck in my head forever even if things change a little. *I was wrong 1 in 15 years and he still gives me hell for it*:)

For packing, He's in charge of the electronics, i'm in charge of everything else.

For cruises he can tell you where he boards and disembarks but other than that, it's a daily "Where are we today?"

Archived