Husband never knows where he's going

Petoonya

Same here. I do all the planning and DH happily tags along! As we all know a port intensive cruise can be many, many hours of research. On our last B2B ..26 nights I realized that he was enjoying it more than I was because I was still making decisions and he was still happily tagging along!!

Then I thought about how nice it would be if maybe someday someone took me on a vacation and all I had to do was be ready.:D

I do love the excitement of planning ..but I would love to try it the other way ..just once and not planned by DH because we would likely never get there..LOL

So my wife knows what I like to do and we talk b4 booking the trip but other then that she does all the plaining and im just along for the ride, works most of the time till I end up on the 4 mile walk that i was told is only a few blocks away:rolleyes:

This is the funniest thread I've ever read, just hilarious. We could write a book! Actually, thanks for making me laugh today. My dear husband, who was just like most of the guys described here, passed away last month, but, excellent planner and organizer that I am (altho' I miss him dearly), I am now in the midst of trying to find someone else (who doesn't ask any questions!) to accompany me on an upcoming 32 day cruise to S.A. (and pay their share!) Actually, one of my options is to go with another lady in the same boat (so to speak) who is also on our roll call, and who will likely want to call all the shots! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!

Here is a thread I started last year. There are some equally funny responses.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1415957

I plan, plan, confirm and reconfirm. When someone asks us where we are going on vacation, he looks at me. On the back end, he does take all the pictures and video footage and combines them into a wonderful montage.

I do get a producer credit on most of the videos.

Ironically my married son does all their vacation planning. I guess he learned from the best. :)

This is the funniest thread I've ever read, just hilarious. We could write a book! Actually, thanks for making me laugh today. My dear husband, who was just like most of the guys described here, passed away last month, but, excellent planner and organizer that I am (altho' I miss him dearly), I am now in the midst of trying to find someone else (who doesn't ask any questions!) to accompany me on an upcoming 32 day cruise to S.A. (and pay their share!) Actually, one of my options is to go with another lady in the same boat (so to speak) who is also on our roll call, and who will likely want to call all the shots! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your husband. You have a laughing loving soul dear.

Deepest condolences. Your husband must have been a lover of life like yourself. Many hugs to you.

I must be an anomaly. I buy my own clothes, and pack for myself too. BTW, I always get a chuckle when I go into a men's clothing store and most (almost all) of the shoppers in there are women.

I can't imagine letting someone else pick out my clothes.

You're not an anomaly, there are at least two of us. Although I typically like the clothes i receive as a gift, I just can't let someone else determine my wardrobe. I plan for both of us, I pack for me.

Dave

Thanks, Petoonya. By the way, is that little piggy the one we saw at the Hiton Hotel dock in Auckland , N.Z? He was just adorable, standing on the condo balcony, being the perfect little piggy welcoming committee when the Star sailed into harbour. Took photos of him too.

Most of you described my DH.

He loves cruising and don't care where we going as long it is a long cruise.

He is not involved in picking itinerary - although we do discuss it.

He doesn't pick the cabin - happy with any balcony room.

He doesn't pick his clothes - he thinks I love to do it.

He doesn't pack -I tux, 1 pair pants, 2 shirts, 1 pair of shorts, few t-shirts,some undewear, one pair shoes are more than enough for 2 weeks cruise.

And about every few weeks he will ask - when is our next cruise and where are we going?

He doesn't remember what advanced cruises I booked.

Well, I love to plan and cruise and pack for it and my DH is very greatful that I do it.

Your husband doesn't know where he is going?? Every few weeks, I see some guy standing on a street corner shaking some book at me, yelling at me about where I'm going.

I find that very comforting to be reminded. But its funny how a complete stranger knows what cruise we've booked, and I don't!

Den

Your husband doesn't know where he is going?? Every few weeks, I see some guy standing on a street corner shaking some book at me, yelling at me about where I'm going.

I find that very comforting to be reminded. But its funny how a complete stranger knows what cruise we've booked, and I don't!

Den

Hee-hee-hee!!!

You must be one of the guys in the naughty room.

Same here. I do all the planning and DH happily tags along! As we all know a port intensive cruise can be many, many hours of research. On our last B2B ..26 nights I realized that he was enjoying it more than I was because I was still making decisions and he was still happily tagging along!!

Then I thought about how nice it would be if maybe someday someone took me on a vacation and all I had to do was be ready.:D

I do love the excitement of planning ..but I would love to try it the other way ..just once and not planned by DH because we would likely never get there..LOL

You have made me realise that I must be a total control freak because I would never be able to let anyone (DH included) plan a trip for us. Not that he minds, he roared with laughter when I read the OPs post to him. He said they were describing him and he was very happy to know he was not alone in sitting back and letting the distaff side do all the hard work while he just enjoyed the fruits of my labours.

I no longer discuss any vacation plans with my family I just book it arrange everything and tell them we are going on a cruise, or Disney, etc and don't have to tell them the date until it gets close so my DW can go shopping with my DD's for things that they won't even take on the trip. My family thinks I have a vacation dependency but they never turn it down.

I feel like we're all married to the same man. My husband takes very little interest until we are aboard the ship. He really doesn't care where we go. I make the plans with the other 2 couples with whom we cruise, and put it on my DH's calendar. I make the arrangements, through my TA for all of us and send out the info to all. I even do the online check-ins for all and book shore excursions. Then we all have a great time. I guess I enjoy the planning as much as the trip and the rest don't really want to worry about until time to go.

Margaret

I do that for all as well. I love the planning. I go even further - no TA and we do all private shore excursions. My DH and friends have no idea how much work is involved, but I thrive on it.

Kathy

It seems like most couples have one planner and on tag alonger.

We are the same, I plan, he comes along. We agree on a destination and then I present him with a few options of ship/itinerary etc we decided and I book.

I don't pull the trigger on anything without discussing it with him but he's never changed anything or had any real comments.

Just last night I asked him if he had any idea what he wanted to do in Bermuda when we go in October and he said "I thought you had it all planned out already"

To which I replied "I do but I thought I'd give you the opportunity to weigh in if there is anything you are interested in"

Him: "No, I'm sure it is fine."

Think how difficult it would be if both spouses wanted to be in control!:eek:

Kathy

My DH is not involved in the planning except to decide where we are going. I do the planning, packing etc. He really wants to go to New Zealand and doesn't think we will ever be able to go. I might book a New Zealand trip for 2014 or 2015 and slowly save up for it . I'll tell him we're going to the Caribbean and surprise him with the trip.

Well, my situatuion is slighty different -with two men in the house, who both want a say. We generally agree on the destination/itinerary. I've travelled more, so he'll ask what there is to do in a port. Then he does all the land research, leaving all the cruise details to me- dining time, specialty restaurant reservations, cabin type, etc.

He goes on about how he would NEVER go on CC, and says there's no point. I remind him that at our wedding of 100 guests, two tables were filled with cruisers, most of whom we met through my being on CC...and allthe our our closest friends.

He'll also tell you he does all the packing, too. He's never packed a dress shirt ir suit in his life. I have to fold and pack them...he says "But you're so good at it!"

Whatever- we have a good time on the cruise! #26 or 27a coming up soon (I think ).

Andrew

Dw said " stay here, I'll put the bags in the stateroom

and you come down in 15 minutes". I waited over a half hour, checking that no

been in our room, and she came back.

DW: " You didn't come."

Me:"Yes I did."

The argument was settled when we we to the cabin she had 'used', and I showed her OUR cabin one deck up!:D

I do that for all as well. I love the planning. I go even further - no TA and we do all private shore excursions. My DH and friends have no idea how much work is involved, but I thrive on it.

Kathy

Same here. I've planned and been the tour guide for many trips for my husband and myself but also several trips for the entire extended family and trips with friends. I would have it no other way.:D:eek:

Think how difficult it would be if both spouses wanted to be in control!:eek:

Kathy

I understand the idea that it would be a challenge with two trying to decide on their own, but many if us do share, compromise, find common ground without one doing all of it, or both trying to control it all.

I realize there are a lot of women who end up with most of the responsiblilites of deciding all of it and am njoyDont this thread, but when both are involved, It's called give and take.

Den

Archived