Emerald under Great Belt Bridge?

flcruiser3

Does anyone who has been on the Emerald in the Baltics know if the ship sails under the Great Belt Bridge near Copenhagen? I have a friend who sailed on a different cruise-line and said that going under the bridge is spectacular.

Does anyone who has been on the Emerald in the Baltics know if the ship sails under the Great Belt Bridge near Copenhagen? I have a friend who sailed on a different cruise-line and said that going under the bridge is spectacular.

Since the ships change what itineraries they are doing, I am assuming Emerald doing the Baltic trip from CPH will go under the Great Belt Bridge.

I was on the Star Princess and we did pass under it, I believe twice.

Thanks for your responses! I will make sure that I am on my balcony or out on deck so that I don't miss it!

Don't be out on your balcony -- be on deck at the highest point you can be to really get a view of how close the Emerald clears the bridge.

The Emerald passes through Storebælt, (Great Belt) both coming and going, on the Baltic cruise, first between Århus and Warnemunde, on the way out, then again on the return trip, going around the northern part of Sjælland, (Zealand) coming in to København (Copenhagen) from the north, so you can see the passing under the bridge from both sides. :rolleyes: :cool:

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York.

22 & 23rd cruises - Sapphire Princess B2B, 04 - 11 May & 11 - 18 May, 2013, California Coastal & Wine Country

24th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

25th cruise - Emerald Princess, 01 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 16 Day Cruisetour, Toronto Via Quebec City to New York City

Yes, we sailed under the bridge last year on the Emerald. It was the last night of the cruise, and the port lecturer John Lawrence narrated the experience. It feels like the ship barely clears the bridge, making it a very neat sight to see.

Thanks for the continued replies and the photos. I am glad that I don't have to drive across that bridge, I admit that I have a little bit Gephyrophobia (fear of driving across bridges). And yes, I just looked that up, not a standard word in my vocabulary!

There are so many things to looks forward to on this cruise! I have heard that John Lawrence is an excellent port lecturer. I just received his DVD 2 days ago and I have watched about half of it. It has been most helpful in planning my ports DIY.

Our son is on the Emerald right now (and for the next several months) and recently posted pictures of the Emerald going under the bridge on his facebook page. I'm not sure how to do it, but I think, if you're interested I could "Share" those photos so you can see them. Email me if you want to see them.

d_timm32@hotmail.com

Between the d and the timm there's an underscore-hard to see in the post

Archived