Would You Like Adult Only Cruise With Royal Caribbean?

Would you like Royal Caribbean to provide adult only cruises  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Royal Caribbean to provide adult only cruises

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain in a post)

There is a thread concerning kids being in the adult solarium on some cruises, primarily during in climate weather. Apparently Royal Caribbean permits children to use the adult area, which is covered on some ships, when the weather is cooler (Alaska) or rain in the warmer climates (I'm guessing on the latter).

On P &O cruise line (UK), they feature adult only cruises (no one on the ship below the age of 18) and family friendly cruises. This is only on some cruises, not designate any ship adult only.

Would you like to see Royal Caribbean provide some adult only cruises? Thanks for your input.

I enjoy watching the kids having a good time on board the ship. I like the "kid" parades and the other parades directed toward the kids. I guess I'm just a big kid myself. Wrong "sponser", but it's the circle of life thing. I would like to see rules enforced a little more, but then many people thing that the rules are there for "the other people". Adult only areas should stay that way. (After all I don't go to the teen disco area and "play" around) BTW- I'm almost 62 and a Grandma, but still a kid at heart.

If they have 1 or 2 a year it wouldn't bother me. As long as it isn't a regular thing.

Keep in mind that if it is an "adult only" cruise, the price would probably be quite a bit higher because there would be 2 people (or less) in almost every cabin. RCCL's 3rd and 4th passenger rates seem to have gone up quite a bit over the last few years (I've seen some $999 1st and 2nd passenger rates that have $749 3rd and 4th passenger rates). They would be missing out on much of this revenue for an adult only sailing. The 1st and 2nd passenger rates on an adult only sailing would probably have to be at least 1/3 higher than normal to compensate.

As long as they aren't MY kids, and I don't have to care for them, what do I care if they're there? I don't!

If kids are in the Solarium, trying to use the pool (and they are ONLY there when their parents bring them!), I point out the "Adult Only" sign.....and they leave. It's not a huge deal!

As far as other places on the ship....I've yet to have my vacation ruined by someone else's child. 99% of the time, kids are kept busy. We choose late seating at dinner, when few kids are present.

Kids simply are not a big deal! Kids are everywhere...why not on a cruise? After all, YOU were a "kid" once,...weren't you????

Edited by cb at sea

I have raised 4 kids and don't have grandkids yet. I always book cruises while kids are in school for the cost savings and to avoid a large group of kids. No, kids have not ruined any of my cruises but I prefer that there isn't 2000 of them running and screaming around the ship.

I would welcome an adult only cruise! Nothing against kids since I work with them but an adult only cruise would be a different experience. Then you can sit back, relax and watch those adults who act and behave like children! :p

Rather than an adults only cruise, when parents let their children basically run wild, RCCL enforce its own rules. IE Cameras "see"them playing elevator tag, ringing door bells, removing room service/make up room tags,diving into a pool etc. Over the years we have seen this type of behavior apparently tolerated over and over by "security."

Children on the cruise ship do not bother me. I have not had a child disturb my cruising pleasure. Sure, kids do sometimes misbehave, but then so do adults. Kids are people too, and we were all kids at one time. Let the kids cruise.

I don't think it is necessary to have an entire cruise be child free. I would just like the solarium to be limited to over 18 . There are so many places that kids can be.. like one person has mentioned, adults aren't allowed to lounge around in the teen area or the children's splash pad area on some ships. I think it would be nice to keep families sitting with families at dinner too. JMHO:)

If they ever have an adult only cruise , I will also request an adult only cruise specifically from 18-25 , lets the party start lol

i know , im dreaming , like the people asking for an adult only cruise :D

No, I like the diverse atmosphere. If I didn't want to see as many families and young people, I'd go on a cruise line more like HAL.

I like the variety of ages. I've never understood the whole kid "problem" on cruises. They're usually at Adventure Ocean anyways.

I would love an adult only cruise!! DH and I were starving to meet people in our age range (35-45) on our last cruise but sadly most of the people we met were basically parents..:(

That's a shame as there are wonderful people that are parents. There are even ones that like to stay up late and still like to party. We are right in that age bracket and we think that we are good people, even though drinking a lot isn't in our routine. You would find people without kids on HAL, but I doubt they would be in the age bracket you are looking for.;)

It can be hard to shut off parent radar even when your kids are thousand of miles away from home, but finding a verbal filter to not always talk about your children is important too. That is part of having a holiday for the two of us so we can try to remember what it was like when it was like before kids.

As for a cruise without kids we doubt we would go on it, but others might. RCI might get away with one every 4 months but who knows how fast they might sell out, and if not how much would they have to discount the rooms and then would they be in a loss position. Or like someone else said they might be a premium room rate as not many 3rd and 4th room rates would not be used losing revenue.

I have raised 4 kids and don't have grandkids yet. I always book cruises while kids are in school for the cost savings and to avoid a large group of kids. No, kids have not ruined any of my cruises but I prefer that there isn't 2000 of them running and screaming around the ship.

I'm with you there completely. I'm wondering how many messages before the obligatory "If you don't like kids don't cruise a family friendly cruise line" message which I consider idiotic and stupid, but since nobody has said it yet, my message can't be considered name calling. :p

I don't mind cruising with kids as long as there are plenty of activities for kids and adults and opportunities for each to separate. Since we are empty nesters pre-grandchildren, we hang around the Solarium a lot, but will get up and walk though the H20 zone and other pool areas to watch families having fun and then retreat to our area. Allure especially gave us that opportunity.

i have kids but i like cruising when there are less kids on the ship - as a previous poster posted, during school times (plus its less expensive).

however, us and canadian holidays differ, and private schools and public schools differ too so watch out.

stereotyping but i find the little kids better behave than some of the teenages who seem to like sitting on the stairs making a maze to walk through, pushing too many elevator buttons and underage drinking...but hey, we were kids once...

If kids are in the Solarium, trying to use the pool (and they are ONLY there when their parents bring them!), I point out the "Adult Only" sign.....and they leave. It's not a huge deal!

I'm in agreement with you, but I've had plenty of parents tell me to mind my own business and I wasn't in charge. Heck even here on Cruise critic I posted a pic of an 8 year old alone in the cantilevered hot tub on Freedom and got chastised for it. My wife and I were enjoying a late night soak, as is our tradition, in the cantilevered tubs on Allure when a family of 6 joined us. Someone pointed out to them that the tub was adults only and they just argued that the tub isn't in the solarium. When the person pointed out the adults only sign in plain view, they were told, "They aren't bothering anyone".

I like RCI just as she is.

The Op didn't ask for a change in policy, just something different. This could be a special charter. I'll bet you wouldn't dare speak up and say your were against a gay cruise. (if you were)

I would not be interested in an Adult only cruise, but that might be an option for RCI if they feel having kids on ships looses them revenue.

I find if the kids are mis-behaving and causing a problem, usally the parents can be seen doing the same thing.