Westerdam suite change. Good or not?

Rebel54

I called to find out what it would cost me to move from 6084 to 8140 (corner suite). I booked through Expedia so they had to call. When she comes back on the phone she tells me I've been moved. No charge. It should have cost me about 300 more. Am I going to regret this? I don't mind the walk. I'm worried about pool deck noise.

I called to find out what it would cost me to move from 6084 to 8140 (corner suite). I booked through Expedia so they had to call. When she comes back on the phone she tells me I've been moved. No charge. It should have cost me about 300 more. Am I going to regret this? I don't mind the walk. I'm worried about pool deck noise.

Wow, nice upgrade, you will love it, lots of space. Are you kidding I don't think you will regret this cabin at all. Passengers fight for these aft cabins. Its much better then being by the glass elevator. Have a wonderful cruise on one of my favorite ships.

Thats what I thought (the fighting part) that's why I was so surprised when they upgraded, no questions asked and no $$ shelled out. I usually have ear plugs so I'm hoping they will cut any pool deck noise that might be an issue. Time will tell.

From a view standpoint, I'm stoked to have a better view of the scenery as we sail the inside passage. I'm all set with warm clothes for the weather and my camera is element proof (will shoot in freezing, rain, sleet and snow :)) so I couldn't be more excited.

Yes, many people really enjoy those corner suites. Glad you were able to get moved for your upcoming sailing.

By the way, both of these cabins are SB suites ... so, as long as the corner was available for you, it was handled simply as a move to a different cabin within the same suite category. No additional monies were assessed, as it was not an upgrade ... except that you might consider it superior to your origiinal assignment.

I had the same question awhile back. We're booked in 8147 :) I'll let you know if we're bothered by noise from the pool deck

I had the same question awhile back. We're booked in 8147 :) I'll let you know if we're bothered by noise from the pool deck

Awesome! Thank you. I don't know about you but I am SOOO ready for this trip!

Congratulations on your upgrade.

Since you will be cruising Alaska rather than in the Caribbean -- you should not hear much from the Lido deck.

Congratulations on your upgrade.

Since you will be cruising Alaska rather than in the Caribbean -- you should not hear much from the Lido deck.

As always, KK is right. Not many people on the pool deck (for swimming) in Alaska. Those about will just be trying to sightsee. (Same view as from your balcony without the room service.):D:D

You'll love it.

Congratulations on getting the cabin you want.

Though I agree there probably won't be many (any) people swimming at aft pool in Alaska, there well could be many using tables and chairs enjoying the view. You probably would hear some furniture moving around and maybe foodsteps from folks in other than rubber sole shoes but it shouldn't be any big deal.

Have a great cruise.

You're gonna love it! I always book one of the aft corner suites and find them to be my favorite cabin on any ship. I've never actually been on deck 8, but I have been in aft corners on decks 5, 6 and 7 on three different Vista ships. I suppose you might get some noise from the deck above, but in Alaska, I cannot imagine it being much of a problem. The balcony you have will more than make up for it. Enjoy your suite!

Don't know if you've checked out Joanie's sticky about cabins, but if you scroll down to the pictures of 8147 (the other corner from yours), you'll be able to get an idea of your aft wrap-around. You, too, Noob. Usually Joanie would have chimed in on this thread since aft wrap-arounds are her faves. She must be on a cruise.

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-8.html

I think this is an excellent upgrade! Having the wrap around verandah will be great for Glacier Bay because you can view the bow, but then retire to your verandah to relax and have a seat reserved just for you. We were on the Westerdam and loved the crew and staff, also a nice iternerary. Have a wonderful time!

Don't know if you've checked out Joanie's sticky about cabins, but if you scroll down to the pictures of 8147 (the other corner from yours), you'll be able to get an idea of your aft wrap-around. You, too, Noob. Usually Joanie would have chimed in on this thread since aft wrap-arounds are her faves. She must be on a cruise.

I did see that! Thank you :) I found some YouTube videos too. I'm so excited.

I found Joanie's site quite awhile ago. LOVE IT!!! It must have been a lot of work putting it together and I was thrilled looking through it :)

I don't understand how SB cabins could be priced differently. I thought that different locations were taken into account by designating cabins categories SA, SB and SC.

You are correct. All cabins in the same category are the same price at any given point in time.

You are correct. All cabins in the same category are the same price at any given point in time.

We....not sure what happened between now and the time I bought my tickets but that cabin showed on the site more than what I paid for my original cabin so either way I saved about $300.00. I looked at both the HAL and Expedia sites and they are more than when I booked. I must have gotten a good sale or something. :)

Archived