Bistro on 5 Question

saffy12

We went to Bistro on 5 embarkation day, May 27th to Bermuda on the Summit. Excellent experience. DH and I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, nearly empty restaurant, great service and delicious food. Interestingly we wanted soup and the only offering was Cream of Tomato which did not sound particulary appetiziing, probably because it brings to mind canned soup from our childhoods but it was sensational and we scarfed every drop. The crepes were delicious but I was unimpressed with the desert crepes. We really didn't have room for them anyway. I'm sorry we never made it back there. We left a tip on top of the upcharge. Totally worth it!

Karen, I think you are totally correct, given how nice the savory crêpes are there is room for different/better dessert crepes. The french/orange in particular begs for a more traditional suzette treatment ; -)

And I have to say that trifle was AWFUL!! Pretty sure the crème brûlée is the same all over the ship. I had it in a coupla places and noticed it seemed the same.

But over all? Just very fresh, very flavourful, and very enjoyable!

Thanks to everyone that posted, especially the pictures.

We are new to Celebrity and were wondering where to meet our friends on embarkation day, we're all arriving from different cities. Now I know... Bistro on Five!!! :):)

Try to brownie desert if you love chocolate. Big enough to share and not a typical brownie. This was little balls of brownie, with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

To die for --- my daughter and I shared one and we both loved it.

7am to 2am all day every day, EXCEPT for the final morning, when they were not, to our dismay, open for breakfast...

Hate to break it to you but just off the Summit today and it WAS open from 6am-7am this morning for early breakfast. Was informed of this when we dined there last night.

Guessing it varies from ship to ship...

$5 pp for anything that you want....and as much as you want. On my last cruise, I had 2 lunches there. Each time, I ordered 3 courses and beverages....still $5 It was great. My adult children and their kids went for dinner. They loved it....only $5. Our waiter told us that they are busiest from 10pm until 2 am. Best place to get food...and still $5.

Thanks for reminding me of the late night hours! My son usually stays in the youth program and I pick him up after 10Pm. The first thing he says is "I'm hungry" and I always just want something sweet and can never find anything at that hour.

We usually get pizza but that gets old.

so now Bistro is my go to for late night dessert!

Hate to break it to you but just off the Summit today and it WAS open from 6am-7am this morning for early breakfast. Was informed of this when we dined there last night.

Guessing it varies from ship to ship...

Hi,:) thanks for the update and I want to say I LOVE your Avator....

That photo is from "The Way We Were".......right?;)

I made the mistake of having a panini when we were there and it was just too much food esp when we had the caesar salad to begin wit because it also comes with a salad. Next time I will have a main course crepe and then I will have more room for the Nutella dessert. That one is fabulous. There were only 3 tables occupied when we were there on embarkation day.

Archived