Ocean View cabins on the Summit

cruzinlady1947

What are the windows like in the ocean view cabins on the Summit? Are there any cabins with just small porthole size windows or are they a decent size? Just booked a GTY oceanview and was wondering what the worse case scenario might be as far as the "oceanview" goes. Had an inside booked, but saw the price of an oceanview was just a couple $'s more after final payment. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Thanks,

Gwen :)

They are not portholes -- they are usually large square windows, and with the recent refurbishment, some are oversized circular windows. When you look at photos of the exteriors of the ship and see portholes, those are not passenger cabins, that is all crew area.

They are not portholes -- they are usually large square windows, and with the recent refurbishment, some are oversized circular windows. When you look at photos of the exteriors of the ship and see portholes, those are not passenger cabins, that is all crew area.

Thank you so much. I wasn't sure by the looks of them from the outside. Now I feel better. I can't wait to try Celebrity. Heard so many nice things about it. Thanks again.

The Oceanview cabins that were put in during the recent refurb on Deck 3 have huge windows. They are converted meeting rooms. Staterooms 3112 thru 3144 are excellent. Windows are huge. We stayed in one of them a couple of months ago. They are the best. Great location on the ship.

The Oceanview cabins that were put in during the recent refurb on Deck 3 have huge windows. They are converted meeting rooms. Staterooms 3112 thru 3144 are excellent. Windows are huge. We stayed in one of them a couple of months ago. They are the best. Great location on the ship.

I have heard about those cabins. I am quite sure it will not be one of them. I am not that lucky. I am just happy that it will not be a small porthole. I was told that it will probably be a forward cabin. We are fine with that. I should find out next week, as our cruise is early Sept. Hopefully I will have time to order luggage tags. Again..... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Read your other post on 3112. I have that cabin here very soon. Have only done AQ class with X. But this was to be a cheaper cruise and the OV was only a couple bucks more than inside so that's what we booked... Looking forward to seeing the cabin.

I have heard about those cabins. I am quite sure it will not be one of them. I am not that lucky. I am just happy that it will not be a small porthole. I was told that it will probably be a forward cabin. We are fine with that. I should find out next week, as our cruise is early Sept. Hopefully I will have time to order luggage tags. Again..... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Hi Gwen:)....when you get your cabin number let us know and

maybe we can help with the window size.

Read your other post on 3112. I have that cabin here very soon. Have only done AQ class with X. But this was to be a cheaper cruise and the OV was only a couple bucks more than inside so that's what we booked... Looking forward to seeing the cabin.

You will be very happy with that Stateroom. We booked this on a last minute cruise to Bermuda. We usually do AQ or CC.

The only complaint I could have about this cabin is the bathroom shelf space to put your personal toiletries. We made due. :)

Hope the same stateroom attendant/assistant we had are still on board. They were outstanding.

Hi Gwen:)....when you get your cabin number let us know and

maybe we can help with the window size.

Will do. They also said if we are unhappy with it, they might be able to change it for us. We are not hard to please, so I am sure it will be fine. Thanks.

We got our cabin assignment for our Summit cruise. We are in 6010 forward. Way forward, but I think it will be OK. Already ordered new luggage tags, so I don't want to change it again. Unless they would upgrade us to something better. One can always hope for that, but never happened before.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

Wine-O, do you know if this is all of the ships that have had rooms added to this area or just the Summit?

Edited by ORV

Wine-O, do you know if this is all of the ships that have had rooms added to this area or just the Summit?

Hi,:) If I am not mistaken I think all the M class ships have these

new cabins now. I believe they were added during the "Solsticization

process".

Hi,:) If I am not mistaken I think all the M class ships have these

new cabins now. I believe they were added during the "Solsticization

process".

Thanks for the reply, I didn't word the question quite right. What I meant was do all of the M Class ships now have these new rooms in that area and do they all have the larger windows than the standard OVs?

I know that not all the Solsticization was done the same on all the ships, I didn't know how that affected this area.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't word the question quite right. What I meant was do all of the M Class ships now have these new rooms in that area and do they all have the larger windows than the standard OVs?

I know that not all the Solsticization was done the same on all the ships, I didn't know how that affected this area.

Ohhh...ok.......I have not sailed any of the M class since they were

done. I will be on Summit in November in one of these new cabins:)

Maybe someone who has been on the others will know for sure:)

I just looked it up on the X website and the Constellation does not have them, the other 3 do.

Just thought I would mention this.....sometimes the deck plans don't

always come up correctly (are you surprised?:rolleyes:;))....LOL.......

It would be nice if someone who has sailed and seen that area on

Infinty and Millennium recently might know first hand.

I know Constellation is having more work done to her next year.......

Oh...I misread your post......they DO show on those ships?...WOW:)

Edited by Lois R

I have room 3124 for a 7 day cruise Nov 3. I pick this room because it was just put in this year and thought i would be nice and clean, from the pick of the ship i will have large window then the other rooms i like this. The one thing that i would have liked is if the window would open a little.

I have room 3124 for a 7 day cruise Nov 3. I pick this room because it was just put in this year and thought i would be nice and clean, from the pick of the ship i will have large window then the other rooms i like this. The one thing that i would have liked is if the window would open a little.

The windows do not open. I think I recently read some postings

about that topic.......not sure who posted it but none of the

windows open. Maybe I am just missing something but how could

a window open?:eek:...I think you would have some water to deal

with:confused:

Summit has round portholes. It is identical to the Infinity. I had an outside midship deck 2. This is what it looks like. They are large. You will be happy with the view.

If you're happy with those portholes and the view, then you will love the new ones on deck 3 that are about twice the size. We haven't been in an Oceanview since 2001, and we were very comfortable with these staterooms. The huge windows really opened it up.

We got our cabin assignment for our Summit cruise. We are in 6010 forward. Way forward, but I think it will be OK. Already ordered new luggage tags, so I don't want to change it again. Unless they would upgrade us to something better. One can always hope for that, but never happened before.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

WOW! You are lucky to have this category ocean view. I have read that they are larger than others and the window is a bid round one. One my recent cruise aboard the Summit, I also booked an OV GTY and got #3011 a category 6. It was nice and since it was just under the Promenade deck, it was easy to go outside. However, since it was way forward, we did have to walk a lot on that cruise which is good after all the eating. ;)

WOW! You are lucky to have this category ocean view. I have read that they are larger than others and the window is a bid round one. One my recent cruise aboard the Summit, I also booked an OV GTY and got #3011 a category 6. It was nice and since it was just under the Promenade deck, it was easy to go outside. However, since it was way forward, we did have to walk a lot on that cruise which is good after all the eating. ;)

That is one reason why I like a cabin where there is a lot of walking. I never use the elevator, just the steps. Since I have been doing it, I have lost weight on the past couple cruises. :p But, it is hard work and a lot of discipline. Being new to Celebrity might work against me though.:rolleyes: Gotta try some new foods. But, I like a challenge.

That is one reason why I like a cabin where there is a lot of walking. I never use the elevator, just the steps. Since I have been doing it, I have lost weight on the past couple cruises. :p But, it is hard work and a lot of discipline. Being new to Celebrity might work against me though.:rolleyes: Gotta try some new foods. But, I like a challenge.

Definitely agree about the cabin placement. We usually get OV staterooms, and this is the first time on the Penthouse deck, and we're even more forward than you<lol> in 6000. I look forward to the extra cardio I'll get in walking to meals. I think you'll enjoy Celebrity very much. Bon Voyage!

Here are some pictures that I shot using my iPhone and downloaded via Tapatalk during a LIVE thread I did last year on the Celebrity Millennium. Since all the ocean view cabins are pretty much the same on this class of ship, here are pictures of my cabin (showing the round window) which was on Deck 2 #2150 amidships Category 7:

d0727167-e8fe-d97d.jpg

You can see my carry-on luggage inside the window sill to the left

d0727167-e90f-10e8.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959