Paris - 3.5 Days Pre Cruise

hubofhockey

wonder if there is another one in the same building for my husband and me so the 4 others could have that same apt. you chose - it def. says it is for 4 only - looks so nice and that view from balcony is awesome !!!;)

we could always get a hotel room nearby - says it is near rue cler - rick steves raves about that area !!!:D

oh you mentioned moving from left bank to right bank - this looked like it was on left bank ??

You're right. I'm going right bank to left bank. We were near opera a couple of years ago.

Someone actually wrote an article about the apartment I'm renting.

http://www.intltravelnews.com/2010/04/finding-a-paris-apartment-with-a-spectacular-view

You're right. I'm going right bank to left bank. We were near opera a couple of years ago.

Someone actually wrote an article about the apartment I'm renting.

http://www.intltravelnews.com/2010/04/finding-a-paris-apartment-with-a-spectacular-view

that is an amazing apt !!! plus there is a link to the other apt -

where they do allow 6 people - that the owners also own

w/ more info on the american owners !!

altho i do love that eiffel view in the first one !!!

you def made the right choice - as i said i had looked for

hours one day and was so confused - would stay in either

of these with no worries !!!

thanks again !!!!!;)

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

that is an amazing apt !!! plus there is a link to the other apt -

where they do allow 6 people - that the owners also own

w/ more info on the american owners !!

altho i do love that eiffel view in the first one !!!

you def made the right choice - as i said i had looked for

hours one day and was so confused - would stay in either

of these with no worries !!!

thanks again !!!!!;)

You're welcome. David Huslton, an Australian is the owner of several properties in France and a gentleman named Pascal manages them locally. There are several positive threads about them in TripAdvisor.

As others have suggested with respect to these rental companies, don't make any payments by wire. Just use a major credit card. So far, so good on dealing with David. We have asked him several questions along the way and he answers them promptly. We'll deal with his manager, Pascal, when we get there.

You're welcome. David Huslton, an Australian is the owner of several properties in France and a gentleman named Pascal manages them locally. There are several positive threads about them in TripAdvisor.

As others have suggested with respect to these rental companies, don't make any payments by wire. Just use a major credit card. So far, so good on dealing with David. We have asked him several questions along the way and he answers them promptly. We'll deal with his manager, Pascal, when we get there.

i found that american couple / owners on that older website -

maybe they have sold it to david ??

am glad you have been able communicate directly with david -

it always is reassuring when you can email personally back & forth !!

Recently saw "My Old Lady" and knew that I had to find a way to spend time in Paris before our Fjords cruise. So using Icelandair, we will stopover for 2 nights in Reykjavik and then on to Paris for 48+ hours! Rather than travel to the UK via Eurostar and then train to Southampton, to maximize our time in Paris we'll fly direct from ORY-SOU.

We'll return to the Hotel Diana on Rue St. Jacques- rates are a reasonable 125 euro for most rooms and 180 euro for an under-eave suite. Breakfast is 8 euro.

Rooms are small, but the hotel is well-reviewed and the location/price can't be beat. It's been recently renovated as well so looking forward to the changes since our last visit.

Since there may be as many as 8 of us traveling together, we'll be able to book airport shuttle service for a few euro more apiece than the cost taking the RER from CDG. And shuttle service is the most convenient way to travel to ORY.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, here is my update. Our dates are set and, after a long weekend in London, we'll be taking the Eurostar to Paris Tuesday, August 25 and we'll return that Saturday, August 29. It's really another 3.5 days in Paris. Funny how that works out.

This thread has been very helpful!! We are staying in Paris for 3 days POST cruise, coming in from a TA...we will spend 3 days in London and then Eurostar to Paris for the end of our trip....thanks so much for all the tips....I know you suggested NOT doing this POST cruise but we have no option and don't know if we'll ever get the opportunity again...so we will make the most of those days and sleep on the flight coming home....:)

This thread has been very helpful!! We are staying in Paris for 3 days POST cruise, coming in from a TA...we will spend 3 days in London and then Eurostar to Paris for the end of our trip....thanks so much for all the tips....I know you suggested NOT doing this POST cruise but we have no option and don't know if we'll ever get the opportunity again...so we will make the most of those days and sleep on the flight coming home....:)

whenever you get the chance to spend time in london & paris it will be wonderful !!!;)

Absolutely!! After being in Paris precisely for 3.5 days, I would do it over again in the short time 10 times over. Any time spent is beautiful, and if I'm in the area, I would absolutely go if 1 or 10 days! Have a blast! We just had our baby in July so no trip for us this year. Next year we are back at it with our baby girl and all!

I don't think post or pre cruise makes too much of a difference. Your plan sounds great. If anything, you have something great to look forward after your cruise. We'll be doing 3 in London and then Eurostar to Paris for 4 days there next summer. I'm thinking of changing to 2 and five.

For us ten months away seems like such a long time. Long winter ahead.

Absolutely!! After being in Paris precisely for 3.5 days, I would do it over again in the short time 10 times over. Any time spent is beautiful, and if I'm in the area, I would absolutely go if 1 or 10 days! Have a blast! We just had our baby in July so no trip for us this year. Next year we are back at it with our baby girl and all!

I won free airfare to Paris last year and I flew there from Vanvouver for 4 nights. I would do it again in a heartbeat and that's a long flight for 4 nights :). Paris is totally worth it.

I don't think post or pre cruise makes too much of a difference. Your plan sounds great. If anything, you have something great to look forward after your cruise. We'll be doing 3 in London and then Eurostar to Paris for 4 days there next summer. I'm thinking of changing to 2 and five.

For us ten months away seems like such a long time. Long winter ahead.

That's what we thought....the idea of looking forward to our first visits to London & Paris will keep us going during all those sea days on the TA.....

We booked the cruise back in March...so I understand how you feel about your long wait....but we are under 6 months now....so I can officially start getting excited!!!:D

Edited by Gracie115

• 2 weeks later...

Well this was the perfect thread to read! We are cruising out of Copenhagen in June 2015 and would like to spend a few days pre-cruise in Paris. We are a family of 4 but the "kids" will be 18 and 21 when we go. I am planning to fly into CDG then 1 night at Disneyland Paris (either Disneyland hotel or Hotel New York) and then 1 night at Hôtel des Comédies then fly SAS to Copenhagen for 1 night before our cruise. I know Paris deserves more time and maybe someday. We were there for 1 day post cruise a few years ago so have at least tasted a bit and have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Any advice on logistics for this? I believe Disneyland Paris has shuttle options. Not sure the best way to get to and from the Hotel des Comedies.

Thank you so much for all the info on this thread. I have been to Europe twice and going again in May 2015. We are now going to do London pre cruise and Pairis post cruise. ( going out of Amsterdam). I would like to do both cities precruise however. Any thoughts about why it would be better to do one or the other first, or both first??

Thanks,

Connie

Thank you so much for all the info on this thread. I have been to Europe twice and going again in May 2015. We are now going to do London pre cruise and Pairis post cruise. ( going out of Amsterdam). I would like to do both cities precruise however. Any thoughts about why it would be better to do one or the other first, or both first??

Unless I'm missing something, why would there be any reason to fly to a continental destination (Paris), head west to London, and, finally, head east to a second continental destination (Amsterdam)?

Now, I can offer a reason why London makes a better pre-cruise destination than post-cruise destination. My understanding is that international departure taxes out of Heathrow are considerably higher than international departure taxes out of CDG/Paris.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Thanks,

Connie

Land in London, Eurostar to Paris and then a quick short flight to Amsterdam to board the ship. To train from Paris to Amsterdam

Thanks,

Connie

It's easy to do both together because the Eurostar high speed train separates the two by two hours and around $75. By cruise, neither is too convenient to the major ports used by the cruise lines, but London to Southampton isn't too bad. Paris and Amsterdam are also a 3-hour high speed train apart and many itineraries begin and end in Amsterdam.

We don't have time for a cruise next summer, so we're flying to London and then taking the Eurostar to Paris. I think the ordering of that transportation did save some money.

I don't understand why Floridians would use a day in Paris for a trip to Disney Paris. It looks like the best bet is the RER train from Paris at 7,50€. They leave every 15 minutes. Under $20 round trip is probably cheaper than any shuttle.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for all the information on this thread. We are cruising out of Barcelona in June. We are going to fly to Paris pre-cruise to meet family that live there that we have never meet. They said we can stay with them so we don't need a hotel. We will be there 3 or 4 days. We will definitely use some of the information here to plan our days in Paris.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for all the info here and the great trip reports!

Did you start a new thread for your trip this summer? We are going next month on a river cruise but we are staying 4 days prior in Paris and then 1 day after.

Did you choose Blue Bikes? I have looked at 4 different companies and I think Bike About fits our schedule better but I was thinking of using Blue Bikes in Versailles.

Thanks Again!

Thank you for all the info here and the great trip reports!

Did you start a new thread for your trip this summer? We are going next month on a river cruise but we are staying 4 days prior in Paris and then 1 day after.

Did you choose Blue Bikes? I have looked at 4 different companies and I think Bike About fits our schedule better but I was thinking of using Blue Bikes in Versailles.

Thanks Again!

Just saw this. Yes, the whole family is doing Blue Bikes for Versailles and my son and I are doing the Blue Bikes Paris city ride. The Versailles ride looks great. Can't wait. I bought a GoPro and now need to figure out how to use it.

I didn't start a new thread yet, but will post about the bike tours. I wish we had a forum on Cruise Critic for bike tours. We're bringing our kids this time around and staying four nights. With the four of us, an apartment made sense and we stayed on the right bank last time and now on the left bank near Eiffel Tower.

We're not doing a cruise this year, so a week with three days in London and four in Paris is our family vacation. Back to cruising next year.

Just saw this. Yes, the whole family is doing Blue Bikes for Versailles and my son and I are doing the Blue Bikes Paris city ride. The Versailles ride looks great. Can't wait. I bought a GoPro and now need to figure out how to use it.

I didn't start a new thread yet, but will post about the bike tours. I wish we had a forum on Cruise Critic for bike tours. We're bringing our kids this time around and staying four nights. With the four of us, an apartment made sense and we stayed on the right bank last time and now on the left bank near Eiffel Tower.

We're not doing a cruise this year, so a week with three days in London and four in Paris is our family vacation. Back to cruising next year.

hi again ! glad you and family are going to enjoy london & paris together !;)

where did you book on right bank and now on left bank ?

we hope to do same thing either next year or 2017

hi again ! glad you and family are going to enjoy london & paris together !;)

where did you book on right bank and now on left bank ?

we hope to do same thing either next year or 2017

If you go to this link

http://www.france-monaco-rentals.com/france/paris/apartments/

you will see the person's rentals where I booked.

I took this one http://www.france-monaco-rentals.com/france/paris/apartments/paris-eiffel-terrace/

David, the owner, has been great to deal with. It comes with wifi, free international long distance to USA, all appliances, A/C, and that view. Can't wait to have a drink on the terrace with lit up Eiffel Tower.

If you go to this link

I took this one http://www.france-monaco-rentals.com/france/paris/apartments/paris-eiffel-terrace/

David, the owner, has been great to deal with. It comes with wifi, free international long distance to USA, all appliances, A/C, and that view. Can't wait to have a drink on the terrace with lit up Eiffel Tower.

wow can't wait to open these up !!!

have a spectacular time !!;)

If you go to this link

already can see why you would feel comfortable dealing with david !!

just spent an hour viewing all the properties !! when we decide when

we are going will book 1 or 2 of these to accommodate the 6 of us

w/out anyone on the sofa !:D

wish there was another unit in the eiffel towel bldg. !!

love that terrace !!!;)