Question about Posters

KPGirl

I think most of us here love Carnival, for a family vacation it cant be beat, low cost, very informal, not stuffy at all (dont get me started on wearing a suit on vacation!!) lots of activities for all ages. The underlying problems seem to be with the declining standards in both service, manners and attitudes encountered on board.

I, for one, hope to make the Carnival product better.

If no one points out problems, or complains about cuts to the loyalty program, there will be little incentive for the corporation to improve for the better!

If no one points out problems, or complains about cuts to the loyalty program, there will be little incentive for the corporation to improve for the better!

There is nothing wrong with constructive complains, but it is the ones that can say nothing good about Carnival, that compare those that cruise with Carnival as wife beaters, trash, and so on, that do more harm then good.

Carnival is not a perfect product, but which cruise line is?

Just wondeirng why people that don't like Carnival are on the Carnival Section of Cruise Critic? If you are't a fan then why are you wasting time reading posts and questions?

Who have you seen who is on here who doesnt cruise Carnival.

Not sure what you mean by a "fan". I lean toward RCL, but Carnival suits me better because they have year round cruises I can drive to. Im already flying to 5 cruises next year .. so any more.. I am only booking ones I can drive to, .. which means Carnival.

Carnival does not have to be your absolute favorite in order to book it ya know? And I dont get people on here who think you have to be loyal to just one line. I say get out there, variety is the spice of life.

If you look at my signature .. you can see how many Carnival cruises I have booked in the near future .. so I have as much right here as anyone else imo. I dont get why people think they need to run off people if they arent huge Carnival fans.. its a cruise.. I love to cruise. Its good enough, I dont care how much Carnival cuts, I will still cruise on them as its so much easier to drive than fly.

I often hear people post undying loyalty to just one cruiseline .. and Im equally perplexed why they dont want more variety .. some who have never experienced any other line will put down other lines they have never been on.

I thought about this for a whille but thought I would ask after seeing someone say that Carnival was nothing but a cattle care and if you travel with carnival you get what you deserve ? If that's what the person thinks why are they do they read the posts about Carnival? I have only been on one cruise, with Carnival, its what I can afford and I loved it. I'm sure I'd love the others too but with the prices I am sure I'll never know.

Who have you seen who is on here who doesnt cruise Carnival.

There are several posters(not just on the Carnival board) that say they will NEVER cruise on_____ cruise line again. They post that comment on the cruiseline board they claim to never sail again.

On this board I have seen many that wait until they see a negative review or post and chime in with "You get what you pay for" "This is why I stopped cruising Carnival 10-20 years ago"

Not saying they dont have a right to post, but lets not act like it doesnt happen or that everyone that complains, has recently cruise or has a Carnival cruise in the near future.

I think it has more to do with the way some people read the board. They click on "New Posts" rather than stick with posting on a specific board.

Agreed.... if all the members of this board did was cheerlead for CCL (and totally ignore the shortcomings), then we're not being honest and would be misleading less experienced cruisers. A "critic" shares their opinions on the good and the bad.

Agreed.... if all the members of this board did was cheerlead for CCL (and totally ignore the shortcomings), then we're not being honest and would be misleading less experienced cruisers.

Would also make the board rather boring

A person is not a "hater" simply because their opinion is contrary to your own.

A person is not a "hater" simply because their experience was...in their opinion...a negative one.

Negatively labeling someone simply because of their stated opinion would make the labeler a "hater", though.

Just because somebody reads, posts questions, or replies to questions on a message board doesn't make them a "fan" either.

A person should not be subject to being labeled as one extreme ("Fan") or the other extreme ("Hater") by others who consider themselves to be neither.

Nothing is gained by the labeling.

I thought the OP was asking why do people who DONT cruise with Carnival get on the Carnival Boards and make comments, negative or positive, and my theory is-

no one likes them on the boards of the ship lines they do cruise.:D

I have gone to HAL to ask questions, but since I dont sail Hal I have no right to bash anything.

I don't think that the OP is talking about the normal posters who criticize some of the changes made by Carnival or something that happened on their recent cruise.

I have seen some posters though that I wonder why they are posting on the Carnival boards because their comments are nothing more than,

"Carnival is the walmart of the seas"

"What do you expect - low class / trailer trash / drunks are the kind of people that Carnival attracts"

"Carnival is the golden corral of cruising."

Criticism is fine but what exactly do these people add to the conversation?

A person is not a "hater" simply because their opinion is contrary to your own.

A person is not a "hater" simply because their experience was...in their opinion...a negative one.

Negatively labeling someone simply because of their stated opinion would make the labeler a "hater", though.

Just because somebody reads, posts questions, or replies to questions on a message board doesn't make them a "fan" either.

A person should not be subject to being labeled as one extreme ("Fan") or the other extreme ("Hater") by others who consider themselves to be neither.

Nothing is gained by the labeling.

Archived