Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

This decision by RCL really annoys me. I spend thousands of dollars to sail on their ships and I have to do arts and crafts to get my luggage tags? Sorry, but I have better things to do with my time than make the damn tags that RCL should be providing me! As far as getting tags at the pier...not comfortable with that. Its a madhouse at the pier and I don't need my luggage tagged wrong by mistake. I go on vacation to get away from stress. Not to create more for myself.

No I'm not joking about how I feel so all you cheerleaders go ahead and flame away.

No flame from here. Not a dealer breaker but for the most part, I agree.

This decision by RCL really annoys me. I spend thousands of dollars to sail on their ships and I have to do arts and crafts to get my luggage tags? Sorry, but I have better things to do with my time than make the damn tags that RCL should be providing me! As far as getting tags at the pier...not comfortable with that. Its a madhouse at the pier and I don't need my luggage tagged wrong by mistake. I go on vacation to get away from stress. Not to create more for myself.

No I'm not joking about how I feel so all you cheerleaders go ahead and flame away.

Aggreed.

It annoys me too. :cool:

...so RCI just saved themselves a big whopping 28 cents per passenger, and now the luggage handlers on board are going to get luggage with labels in all manner style, colour, and shape. And some missing altogether because the tape/staple/glue/strap/string/fill-in-the-blank didn't hold.

And for what its worth count me among the few who like getting "something" in the mail just before sail date.

And for those who say that they happy RCI cut out this instead of something important - oh really? :rolleyes: This site is fully of threads about RCI cutting here and there.

I can't wait until 2036 when I reach Pinnacle. ;)

It really isn't that big of a deal. You have to print an extra page or two and fold.

Airlines used to print tickets and boarding passes for us and they don't anymore and we have been able to adjust to that, I think we can adjust to this.

Guest maddycat
I can't relate to Marta Stewart -- she has left-over wine that she freezes for use in recipes. Left-over wine? You gott be kiddin' me!

I'm on page 13 of this thread and you gave me my first laugh. I love the way you think.

Yes $35 but it will be interesting to see if the original tags still come or just the printer version you get on-line. I'm sure there are still cruisers that order up the whole cruise doc mailer so we should find out in due time.

The tags used to be bound right into the binder that contained all the documents. If they are still printing the same version of paper cruise docs, they're probably in there. Maybe. Might be. Maybe not. Maybe someone can tell us? ;)

Gina

You give the info to the porters to put on the tags. It takes about 2 seconds to make sure the info is right. If you get this worked up about luggage tags, I can only imagine the tizzy you must get in when a show starts 5 minutes late, or the elevator arrives and it's full, or you God forbid the waiter accidentally gives you a savory bite instead of a sourdough roll. :eek:

Boooooo! :(

The nice tags were one of the little niceties that I enjoyed from RCI. I know I can make my own, but it was nice not to have to. I didn't like it when CCL went to chintzy do-it-yourself tags, and I don't like it from RCI now.

You give the info to the porters to put on the tags. It takes about 2 seconds to make sure the info is right. If you get this worked up about luggage tags, I can only imagine the tizzy you must get in when a show starts 5 minutes late, or the elevator arrives and it's full, or you God forbid the waiter accidentally gives you a savory bite instead of a sourdough roll. :eek:

Really?? Seems like you got yourself all worked up. :eek: Relax.

It only took a short time when most folks already had tags. It only makes sense the process will now be longer.

Wish there was a like button!

Agree 100% !!!!!!!!

First it was pillow chocolates. Ok It,s no big deal. Then it was $15 for a "better" steak in the MDR. Ok It's no big deal. Then it was reducing the perks in the C&A coupon books. Ok No big deal. Then it was no mailing of cruise docs. Ok No big deal. Now it is no luggage tags. Ok no big deal? Or is it?

It is just the way that all businesses look at the bottom line and decide where they can cut costs and not lose customers. Will this be the straw that breaks the camel's back? Who knows. I know that as a consumer I am not happy when I get less service for my contract cruise fare. I am just concerned as to how far cost cutting goes. Will all MDR fare be buffet style to cut down on the number of waiters needed leaving only specialty restaurants available for "elegant" dining? Will we be asked to make our own beds in inside and balcony rooms with only suites having "maid service"? When do "minor cuts" become too much?:confused:

It annoys me too. :cool:

...so RCI just saved themselves a big whopping 28 cents per passenger, and now the luggage handlers on board are going to get luggage with labels in all manner style, colour, and shape. And some missing altogether because the tape/staple/glue/strap/string/fill-in-the-blank didn't hold.

And for what its worth count me among the few who like getting "something" in the mail just before sail date.

And for those who say that they happy RCI cut out this instead of something important - oh really? :rolleyes: This site is fully of threads about RCI cutting here and there.

I can't wait until 2036 when I reach Pinnacle. ;)

But apparently you are going to be getting 28 cents worth of improved food.

First it was pillow chocolates. Ok It,s no big deal. Then it was $15 for a "better" steak in the MDR. Ok It's no big deal. Then it was reducing the perks in the C&A coupon books. Ok No big deal. Then it was no mailing of cruise docs. Ok No big deal. Now it is no luggage tags. Ok no big deal? Or is it?

It is just the way that all businesses look at the bottom line and decide where they can cut costs and not lose customers. Will this be the straw that breaks the camel's back? Who knows. I know that as a consumer I am not happy when I get less service for my contract cruise fare. I am just concerned as to how far cost cutting goes. Will all MDR fare be buffet style to cut down on the number of waiters needed leaving only specialty restaurants available for "elegant" dining? Will we be asked to make our own beds in inside and balcony rooms with only suites having "maid service"? When do "minor cuts" become too much?:confused:

You forgot shampoo and condition for the non-suite, lower level C&A members. None of that for you. Although according to the new "Now every ship is our best ship" video on you tube, you know the video that everyone seemed to take so seriously about certain, ahem, things, the staterooms and bathrooms are all new (not on RD) and we are all going to be seeing Gilchrist and Soames toiletries again. Well, they DO show them on the video about the current revitalization program - right before they show those fabulous new shower heads.

Gina

To me, the biggest recent change was not allowing price drops after final payment. I realize this new policy is in line with other cruise lines, but that seems to me to be a much more significant policy change.

To me, the biggest recent change was not allowing price drops after final payment. I realize this new policy is in line with other cruise lines, but that seems to me to be a much more significant policy change.

Agreed....that was probably the biggest policy change in terms of costing the consumer.

Archived