2013 catalog HAS arrived

Seafairer

The much-anticipated 2013 finally made its way to NYC. A few lucky souls reported receiving theirs early, so I assume it's reached all of us by now.

Despite much conjecture here, it turns out that the unusual delay wasn't due to the reconfiguration of the Cloud's bathrooms (replacing some tubs with walk-in showers); the layouts and photos of all Cloud suites remain the same as before. In fact, there isn't any reference to the shower on the Cloud's suite and deck plans (pg. 148-152), which is odd, considering how attractive this option will be for many.

I was struck by the very high-gloss ($$$$) pages in front. Don't look for fares to go down any time soon... Frankly, I find this intro a bit much, even for Silversea.

In past catalogs, voyages for each area were presented chronologically, with schedules for different ships side-by-side. Now, if two ships are in the same area (e.g., the Med) their voyages are segregated; first one ship's schedule, then the other. The upside here is that, for those of us who prefer one ship over another, we can easily focus on our favorites.

They did a nice job on the book, but I can't see anything that would have created a delay of perhaps 5 months. For those among us who do enjoy having "the book" in our hands, what are your impressions of the new edition?

Still waiting for ours too.

Seafairer, in our SS experience over the last six years, on Monday via their Private Venetian Sale offer, they introduced the lowest discount (20% off of cruise net and combinable with SBC, Air, AMX) we have seen in six years. We were hooked (booked (savings was near $2K for us) and we know friends who also did not have a sailing (this Nov thru next April; period of the sale) also booked.

Ours still hasn't come, so I emailed our TA, who in turn called Silversea to see why we hadn't received ours. Our TA just replied in an email stating, "Silversea has informed me that it will be about another two weeks before these are available to order".

WTH???

In a back room of a Silversea office somewhere in the south east area of the United States of America works a young girl sitting beside a two ton pile of 2013 cruise brochures. Her job all day every day is to take one brochure at a time, put it in a big envelope, attach an address sticker and lick and stick the appropriate postage stamps for its destination and put it on another big pile. The computer which generates the address stickers is set to a random output so that nobody knows which one will come out next. The girls only company is when someone occasionally comes in to take away the new pile of…………

Anyway that’s enough now. You get the idea.

I didn't get the 2013 brochure, but I did get a letter telling me that I could "request" a copy. (?)

bobndee:

We got that same letter on Monday, and the catalog arrived Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Archived