RCI Allure of the Seas, First time cruiser help

Skyeblue13

Hi all,

I am from Western Australia and have booked my family on the Allure of Seas, Western Caribbean for April 2013. We can't wait, so excited but I have been looking around the forums and am finding it all a bit daunting lol

Can anyone please offer any advice re cruising with RCI, any hints or tips would be very much appreciated. I noticed that I have an option to purchase beverage packages, I though that soft drinks were included in the cruise price but does that me that you have to pay for Coke etc and other standard soft drinks are free?

Is it a necessity to prebook at the specialty restaurants or can you leave it until you are onboard?

Sorry if I sound stupid! Just trying to get me head around it all :p

Thanks in advance :)

You have asked some excellent questions.

While you will get some answers here a great place to post cruise line specific questions for RCI is the RCI cruise line board. That is where I would post these to get additional feedback.

Keith

No soft drinks are included on Royal Caribbean. They do have a soft drinks package. There's also a water package, wine package and juice package. No alcohol packages, though.

You can wait to book the specialties.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is, 60-90 days from your cruise, when the entertainment reservations open, do make reservations. Show reservations are what keeps the crowds separated on Oasis Class.

You do not have to prebook restaurants. You can wait until you are aboard. If you prebook, you prepay. If you wait til on board, you'll pay on your on board account.

Only "water based" drinks are included....coffee, tea (iced or hot), ice water, lemonade or flavored waters, milk and juice at breakfast. Any other drink---sodas or alcohol or specialty coffees---will carry a charge.

You can buy soda by the can, or you can get the unlimited fountains soda package....that's only cost effective if you drink LOTS of pop (the equivilent of 3 + cans daily)

You can definitely wait until you get on board to book a restaurant but personally, I would prebook. On the night we went to Giovanni's and 150 Central Park, there were people that were turned away because they didn't have reservations and the restaurants were full.

Archived