New menu

Clamett

snap - my only question as a first time cruiser - is it actually an improvement on the existing menu (as was suggested) or simply a new menu?

I never found anything wrong with the food, but it's nice to have a change. I think they have made more of an effort with the menu, so looking forward to trying it out. You are cruising before us so will hopefully be trying it first. Enjoy

The hotel director said the new menus will come out very soon on Oasis and Allure. Not sure of the order on the other ships.

Soon has to mean less than a month, right!? *fingers crossed* I sail on Allure 09/09/12. I don't eat most things on the menu (no beef, no pork, seafood allergy) but I LOVE living vicariously through my BF and tablemates.

Don't take things so literally.

Not sure why "we" think it's OK to be rude to people. It's OK to not know something or not understand and ask a question.

Saturday POMODORO

Eggplant and Kalamata Olive Tartare

Pan Seared Sea Scollops and Chorizo

Spanish Tapas Plate

Lentil and Rosemary Soup

French Onion Soup

Chilled Pineapple and Lychee Soup

Tomato and

Baked Feta Cheese Salad

Main Courses

Tandoori Chicken Salad

Rigatoni Pasta

Fish, Seafood and Chips

Roasted Turkey

Rosemary Lamb Shank

Sweet and Sour Premium Vegetarian Chicken Chunks

Pear Chocolate Crisp

Key Lime Pie

Frozen Strawberry Souffle

Low Fat Warm Apple Dome

Sugar Free Key Lime Slice

Did they have it where you could purchase a Maine lobster for 24.95?

Clamett and Eel get Gold medals for outstanding reportage of the new RCL menus! Woo, woo!

Thanks! ( now sing the anthem of your choice in your head and wave your flowers!)

Amen, and thanks to Heymarco for the crosspost. I'm on FoS this October!

I also am surprised the Vidalia Onion Tart is no longer. Also, I didn't see the Scallop Rissoto on the list anymore. :( We enjoyed both of those.

:confused:

Those two were my favorites also. I made a comment on the Comment Card to bring back the Vidalia Onion Tart. But the Pan Seared Sea Scallops on Saturday night made up for the lask of Scallop Rissoto. I ordered a second one because it was so good.

I never order more than one item per course, but I anticipate trying two appetizers or desserts on my first cruise with the new menu :D We love cruising and especially love cruising on RCI, but one of our deciding factors when booking cruises on other lines has been, "Different food!".

There were some menu items that were always available:

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast

Aged Manhattan Strip Steak

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

I like the look of those menus. OP, did you happen to try the warm chocolate cake? I'm wondering if its like Carnival's warm chocolate melting cake or is it like the flourless chocolate cake RCI offers.

I've never had Carnival's cake but this one was very rich and tasty not at all like the flourless chocolate cake.

Im quite disapointed with the menus, don't fancy eating much on them at all and i loved the food on my last RCI cruise :(

We've only seen perhaps 1/3 of the possible menu items. I understand each of the 3 MDRs tested different menus and gave feedback - I think the final product will most likely be delicious and based on what the clients rave about. Perhaps the Vidalia Onion Tart was/is an old favorite and didn't need trials? :)

There were some menu items that were always available:

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast

Aged Manhattan Strip Steak

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

Great, thank you for adding this. My guys are good eaters but not always adventurous.

Maybe I took it wrong but I understood the food menu is the same but were trying different menu presentations, ie, what the menu is in. singular, two fold or triple fold.

I think you are correct. Same menu, just different format. It will be interesting to see what they do on longer cruises.

Maybe I took it wrong but I understood the food menu is the same but were trying different menu presentations, ie, what the menu is in. singular, two fold or triple fold.

I was thinking the same thing, Sue.

If someone could suggest an easy way for me to post the 43 pictures of the menus and food pictures, I would be much appreciative. Then you could see more details about each item.

The easist way would be to upload all of them into an album on a photo hosting site such as webshots, photobucket etc and then just post the link to that album here.