Was this good, bad, or just ok?

drolltroll

It could depending upon the ship. Which ship? Which inside cabin? which OV cabin?

The fascination.

I do not know.

I do not know.

Thanks for the replies.

So based on your ??? you are saying some ships inside cabin guarantees are better than some of their oceanview guarantees? That is interesting!

On Fantasy class ships inside and oceanview cabins are identical even down to the fake window cutout in the inside. The cabin will be the same but you will have a view which most people would think worth a few dollars more.

On the newer ships the OV cabins are larger and have a seating area with sofa.

Sounds good to me too. While I dont mind an inside room, I consider it a bonus to have a window and actually be able to look out and see if still dark or getting light out, also to see how close to port. For 13.00 p/p you did very well. Enjoy your cruise!:)

It could depending upon the ship. Which ship? Which inside cabin? which OV cabin?

Some people on this board just like to reply whether they know the answer or not. And some like to be negative even if they don't have to. You made a great choice in switching to an OV cabin for that price. Have Fun!

Some people on this board just like to reply whether they know the answer or not. And some like to be negative even if they don't have to. You made a great choice in switching to an OV cabin for that price. Have Fun!

So, to you it makes no difference what ship??

Triumph, conquest etc.. the OVs are 220 s.f vs 185 s.f. on fantasy class.

would make a difference to many if they were moving to a cabin the exact same size or to a larger cabin.

How is that negative to want some facts to say if it was good or bad?

For $13 though.. thats such a small amount of money .. I would say .. hey great.. I waste $13 on nothing .. so with so little money to upgrade, cant lose move.

would make a difference to many if they were moving to a cabin the exact same size or to a larger cabin.

For $13 though.. thats such a small amount of money .. I would say .. hey great.. I waste $13 on nothing .. so with so little money to upgrade, cant lose move.

Thanks for proving my point. You could have just said "With so little money to upgrade, can't lose move. Good job!"

I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like the response poster was just asking more questions to provide the original poster a more accurate answer :)

I upgraded myself and daughter this morning... had panarama interior... upgraded to Balcony gty at the pack and go rate of 549pp. So it cost us a total of 170 to get that balcony... not bad... not bad at all... and the interior cabin is so much smaller than the balcony we have...

Our friends on this cruise did the same thing.

Personally, I think you got a great deal for that price.

I have done inside/window/balcony, and like them all. Normally the window is much more than what you paid. We like the window, as we can SEE when we arrive at port, which is nice, and still stay in our room. Of course, if you have an inside, you just go out on deck and see the port/s.

Actually, I thought his questions as to what ship and cabin yada, yada, yada were kind of peculiar too. To ask that ? that he did, would have to imply that on some ships and some cabins, opting for an ocean view instead of a particular inside cabin could be a mistake. That would be the only reason I could think of that the ship and particular cabin number would matter. I guess this could be the case, but it would surprise me if it were.

I was really just curious if OV was worth the extra $13 PP. I never had an OV cabin.

I do not waste $13 on nothing... Especially not $13 PP. How much do you waste before you start considering it "something?"

I learned a long time ago that on a ship the price of a cabin does not tell you if it is a better cabin. We always book a 8C balcony cabin if we can. If you look 8D, 8E, cabins cost more. I feel the location of the cabin is what is important to me. If I go up to an 8D or 8E my cabin can be under the lido deck eatting area. you can hear the chairs being moved around in your cabin. If we get a cabin higher by the elevators near the atruim you can hear music at night. Right now I can get a price drop from early saver of $20PP if I move cabins. I am in a better location now on deck 7(Valor) than if I took the cash and was right under the eatting area. $13 more is not much for a cabin change but is the location better or the same as you were with an inside cabin??????

Relax and enjoy life.

Archived