BF Guaranteed Question

Kattus

I looked on the Princess website to see what cabins are still available for my upcoming cruise on 10/27 on Carribbean Princess, and both BF and BE cabins (the undesirable locations) are sold out with the exception of a guaranteed cabin. Is there anyone here who booked a guaranteed room and stayed within the category?

I looked on the Princess website to see what cabins are still available for my upcoming cruise on 10/27 on Carribbean Princess, and both BF and BE cabins (the undesirable locations) are sold out with the exception of a guaranteed cabin. Is there anyone here who booked a guaranteed room and stayed within the category?

I usually only book BD or higher as a guarantee cabin. I usually get an upgrade to a higher category but not all the time.

While we prefer a BA Caribe deck balcony sometimes when the price is less than half for a BG or BF GTY we'll take our chances. For a recent last minute booking our BF GTY resulted in a BB cabin. We know it could be the same category as booked & hope to win our gamble to get a higher category of cabin. :D

We also booked a BF guarantee for a cruise in January - have already been visited by upgrade fairy who has given us a BA Caribe - we are very, very happy.:)

That's GREAT! :D. Larger half covered Caribe cabins are our favorite ones & we even prefer them to an uncovered mini-suite. ;)

In my limited experience, we have twice booked the lowest balcony category (BF or BG depending on ship) and both times been upgraded to a BA Lido, which you can then call and switch to a BA Caribe (thanks for that tip to the folks on this board!).

Maybe I was just lucky twice, but it leads me to believe you have a good chance of being moved to a different category.

There's a good chance you'll get upgraded to at least a BD, but there's always a chance you could end up in one of the BG or BF cabins if you book those categories. Never book a guarantee unless you'd be happy in that category and every cabin in a higher category. Sometimes the cabin assignments come too late to ask to be put back into the assignment pool. We did not receive our cabin assignment for last week's cruise until four days before it left.

We've played the guarantee game and, for balconies have received 3 BA's, a BC, and a BD.

Our attitude is that any balcony on a Princess Cruise is great! Seeing as there are only 8 BF cabins the likelihood is that an assignment to a higher category is high.

Take a look at the deck plans - immediately below a BF is BB, and immediately above BF is a BD. I have no idea what makes these cabins more "undesirable" than those immediately above. Certainly they are towards the bow, but one can have a great cruise in a balcony cabin there. Of course if one were prone to motion sickness, a guarantee is not the way to go.

We also booked a BF guarantee for a cruise in January - have already been visited by upgrade fairy who has given us a BA Caribe - we are very, very happy.:)
Same here :D. Got the BF guarantee on a great sale too!

Archived