La Reserve Restaurant - Marina/Riviera

Lola911

At our "suite dinner" in February, there was only one empty seat, it belonged to a woman who was on oxygen and rarely left her suite. I do thank you folks for letting me know in advance that they are no longer happening as we are traveling with friends next May and I will be sure to book it online for the 4 of us, it really was a highlight of our Caribbean cruise and a very nice casual way to meet your "neighbors".

I can't believe that Jim & Stan!!!, the last time we were on the Marina the dinner was full and everyone enjoyed the night. This is a mistake on "O"s part. We have another cruise coming up in Jan 2013 in the Owners Suite on the Marina and I'm looking forward to the dinner, it will be a disappointment if no suite dinner. Hope "O" is reading!

Rick

We have been to four of these events mostly recently in Mar. Never had an empty seat. Upcoming 10/4 trip in an OS and greatly looking forward to the night. O, if monitoring, agree with Rick, this would be a mistake.

John

Jim and Stan,

Have only the Chef's Patio dinners been cancelled or have Oceania also

cancelled the dinners in La Reserve for suite passenger?

Thanks.

All dinners have been canceled for more than just one reason..

Jancruz1

Sadly, the Chef's Patio Dinner's have recently been cancelled because of........are you sitting down?..........lack of passenger participation!

Such a shame, it was a wonderful opportunity for guests to interact with the managers.

The Chef's Patio Dinner for the top ten suites held on the deck of Regatta was the absolute highlight of our entire cruise. I can't imagine that special dinner being cancelled "due to lack of passenger participation." Although there was one couple that did not attend the event on our cruise (the wife was very ill, from what I was told), everyone who attended commented on how much they enjoyed the entire experience. We felt very special, very appreciated and the close conversations with the managers and chefs was terrific, and the food and beverages were spectacular.

I hope Oceania reconsiders.

All dinners have been canceled for more than just one reason..

Jancruz1

Jancruz, can you elaborate on the reasons why the La Reserve dinner for those in the oc, v and os suites were cancelled? I will be in a v suite and was really looking forward to that evening, very disappointing.

My wife and I are scheduled for the Exploration Menu on 10/12/12. It wasn't originally posted but popped up a few days ago. I also see that the first two nights offered are still available. After the positive responses I have read I am surprised they are still available (perhaps not the one on 10/6 as we don't depart until 11 pm that evening).

Best regards,

Erik & Michelle

Jancruz, can you elaborate on the reasons why the La Reserve dinner for those in the oc, v and os suites were cancelled? I will be in a v suite and was really looking forward to that evening, very disappointing.

I believe there is a misunderstanding..."cancellation" that others are referring to is the "Patio" dinners by invitation only for those in the high end suites. La Reserve evenings have not been cancelled. I just booked a reservation to experience THE EXPLORATION MENU on Marina - October 18. Paid in full with a phone call to Oceania. All other restaurants I booked on the website with nights I wanted and good times.

You learn so much on these boards! Booking our reservation tomorrow. One question - is this still country club casual dress (for us 2 gents, that would constitute a sport coat and slacks)? Really don't want to pack a suit. Thanks!

La Reserve is used to host the high end suite dinners on Marina and Riviera and I believe those are what Jan was referring to. I would take Jan's word on anything O!

Sorry Grammie. I was thinking that others would read it as La Reserve was closed altogether. I think we all understand now.

We love the CC Casual and it does not even mean sport jackets for the gents unless it is always the norm for you dining out. My husband was an executive and still has his tux, but he is thrilled to dine anywhere on ship in a nice button down shirt (no tie), maybe a sweater vest, pull over sweater or a smart looking golf shirt.

Excellent news! We wear a coat every day and a suit usually 2 times per week and when we are on vacation, well, we don't want to feel like we are at the office! :)

I've never understood the whole packing a Tux for 1 or 2 nights (Cunard, etc). It really is a pain (and can only imagine a gown!). Plus you add the shoes, etc. and it just takes up so much room. I guess we have had some pretty nice pictures taken, but I think we have "enough" of those for now (and perhaps ever). ;)

Lola911,

No need to apologize. You made a good point. I can see how someone who is new to o might make that mistake. I myself am really looking forward to LaReserve, but must wait until my first Riviera cruise next year. Hope you enjoy your cruise and can't wait to read about it when you return!

Enjoy!

K

I have the Discovery Menu and the Connoisseurs Menu from the La Reserve dinners we did a couple of weeks ago. I tried to attach scanned copies of the menus here, but the images come out as tiny unreadable thumbnails.

Is there a way to insert a jpg image into a CC post and have it come out full size?

1177432091_DiscoveryMenuAug2012.jpg.5b1662fc27d0450613411f6c04f81741.jpg

I have the Discovery Menu and the Connoisseurs Menu from the La Reserve dinners we did a couple of weeks ago. I tried to attach scanned copies of the menus here, but the images come out as tiny unreadable thumbnails.

Is there a way to insert a jpg image into a CC post and have it come out full size?

Randy

This explanation from Don may help

I still cannot get it to work... but you may have better luck;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1673867

In the simplest terms, for something to be posted as a photograph on Cruise Critic, it must have an URL (i.e. must be posted on the internet somewhere already).

If you place your cursor over any photo on the net, and right click, you should see the option "copy image URL", unless that photo is copy protected.

Once you have the URL, when you are replying to a post (as I am doing now) it is simply a matter of clicking on the Insert Photo Icon 110103.jpg and pasting the URL of your image in the dialogue box that appears.

Hope that this helped!

The following are the Exploration and Discovery menus from La Reserve. The card for the Discovery menu is a little larger than my scanner bed so the Wine description for the last course is missing

Steve

2%2520Exploration%2520menu005.jpg

1%2520Discovery%2520menu007.jpg

Hello,

I am looking for anyone's impression and rating of La Reserve. I understand how it works: charge, menus, number of people, location. Was it worth it...did you enjoy the seating arrangements?

Thank you

We were in a Vista so did not pay .. we travel the world & consider ourselves "semi"gourmets... The food portions were small..but we didn't partularly enjoy them..(personal taste).. The wine was lovely.. too much.. but we were stuck at a table wth 4 others who were most boring..thank goodness that my husband & I like each other and we enjoy each other's company

We were in a Vista so did not pay .. we travel the world & consider ourselves "semi"gourmets... The food portions were small..but we didn't partularly enjoy them..(personal taste).. The wine was lovely.. too much.. but we were stuck at a table wth 4 others who were most boring..thank goodness that my husband & I like each other and we enjoy each other's company

To keep the record correct, Vista Suite passengers do not get into La Reserve for free.

This poster must have attended one of those "Chef's Patio Dinners", for the Full Suite passengers which were held in La Reserve, but have since been cancelled.

The menu for those Dinners was neither the Exploration nor the Discovery, so it is difficult to compare this review to the experience that one might have today.

Thank you for correcting the previous poster as it is not free for any cabin. I did not think she could be speaking of a La Reserve evening. We have booked the Exploration Menu and now looking forward to it.

SACARR...are those the menus from the website? I was anxious to see an actual menu b/c I was thinking it might be a little different. Please clarify.

Thank you for correcting the previous poster as it is not free for any cabin. I did not think she could be speaking of a La Reserve evening. We have booked the Exploration Menu and now looking forward to it.

SACARR...are those the menus from the website? I was anxious to see an actual menu b/c I was thinking it might be a little different. Please clarify.

Not SACARR but those are scans of the menu that is on the table when you go to La Reserve.

Archived