Clock in Cabin?

jsf

We've never been a a suite -- but we've never had a clock in any cruise ship cabin we've been in. Sometimes phones will show it on the display.

We have an app for our iPads called Nightstand that has a large digital clock and an easy brightness adjustment.

We've never been a a suite -- but we've never had a clock in any cruise ship cabin we've been in. Sometimes phones will show it on the display.

We have an app for our iPads called Nightstand that has a large digital clock and an easy brightness adjustment.

The phone did have the time on it, forgot about that!

While this isn't a topic which is frequently discussed at dinner with other passengers I am not aware that any Celebrity ship has a clock in the cabins. We have stayed in several classes of staterooms and I don't ever remember having a clock either with or without an alarm function in the room.

You can leave a wake-up call on the phone. Never had a problem. Also the phone shows the ship time. I carry a tiny battery powered alarm clock with me and can make the screen light up if I need to know the time. Mine also has the temperature in Fand C so I can leave it out on the balcony for a few minutes to know the exact temp. The whole thing in so bigger than a business card! Love it!

But it doesn't light up at night. Had to use my iPhone as well.

Just lift the receiver and the light will go on. Can also find the time on the TV. Wake-up calls work. Why does one need a clock on vacation?

Never had a clock in any cabin, however you can get the time on the phone or TV. I personally. I use the phone for a wake up call, or you can call the desk but the phone is more reliable.

Now that I have an iphone I use it for everything though.

Norma

Just lift the receiver and the light will go on. Can also find the time on the TV. Wake-up calls work. Why does one need a clock on vacation?

My SO want's to know the time if she wakes up in the middle of the night. I've learned not to bother asking her why, I'll throw one of our extra clocks in the carryon. That should get a response from TSA at the airport.

J.

My SO want's to know the time if she wakes up in the middle of the night. I've learned not to bother asking her why, I'll throw one of our extra clocks in the carryon. That should get a response from TSA at the airport.

J.

Totally get that! I keep my wristwatch on the night stand for that very reason...but have to part the curtains to let in enough light to read the watch face...which then leads to "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?along with some griping and whining.

No winning, so I usually say I'm going to exercise, and that's enough to have covers pulled over my SO's head. I dress, exercise, have breakfast, wander around, come back to the room, shower, leave for bloody marys at the Elite Breakfast, and return around 10:30 with some form of breakfast for him, only to be asked "When did you get up?" as he doesn't remember the conversation at 4:45.:rolleyes:

Andrew

Thanks for the app! I'll use it on board, as well as hotel rooms

totally get that! I keep my wristwatch on the night stand for that very reason...but have to part the curtains to let in enough light to read the watch face...which then leads to "what are you doing?along with some griping and whining.

No winning, so i usually say i'm going to exercise, and that's enough to have covers pulled over my so's head. I dress, exercise, have breakfast, wander around, come back to the room, shower, leave for bloody marys at the elite breakfast, and return around 10:30 with some form of breakfast for him, only to be asked "when did you get up?" as he doesn't remember the conversation at 4:45.:rolleyes:

Andrew

lmao!!!!

On one of our cruises, we were told by the Cruise Director or the Hotel Director that the reason there are no clocks in the staterooms is that they would be too hard to keep to "ship's time" - there would be too many for the stewards/etc to reset all the time, and of course there is no way to coordinate the exact time as they go about their business - and if it was left up to the passengers :eek: who knows how they would set their clocks?? and no one would ever be on time for anything!!

On one of the new ships, don't know if it would be possible to wire all stateroom clocks to be controlled by a single timer??

I always bring a small battery-operated clock and we use the phone settings for wakeup calls. Never had a problem.

You can leave a wake-up call on the phone. Never had a problem. Also the phone shows the ship time. I carry a tiny battery powered alarm clock with me and can make the screen light up if I need to know the time. Mine also has the temperature in Fand C so I can leave it out on the balcony for a few minutes to know the exact temp. The whole thing in so bigger than a business card! Love it!

Can you please tell me where to purchase? Thanks in advance.

No clocks provided on any of our cruises. We bought a clock that projects the time on the ceiling. We got one that projects just the numbers (in red).....tried one w/blue; however, it projected a circle w/the numbers in the middle...way too much light.

I am one of those who wants to know the time in the middle of the night. I either keep my watch in the bathroom where they have the nice nightlight, or I keep my iphone by the bed and just swipe it on and it tells me the time immediately. Minimal disturbance to DH either way.

We always bring along a couple of these. They are cheap so if we lose them we don't care as much, they have the touch thing to light up at night, and the numbers are big enough for us to read without our glasses on at night. We put one on either side of the bed. They are also really light weight so easy to pack in the suitcase.

We have clocks on our phones, but they are more difficult to read.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Westclox-LCD-Alarm-Clock/16617257

Tom

Is there a clock in the cabins on Summit?

We take a battery alarm clock, really small, with a touch light for the bedside table. On our next cruise, which is quite long (over a month), we will be taking a small wall clock...on our last cruise we were always looking for the time and it became frustrating to find the watches or wiggle around each other to see the phone/alarm clock...or find the remote to trun the tv on, then find the right channel.

Archived