Bringing flowers onboard in San Pedro

arizonaperson

Does anyone know if you can bring your own flowers onboard The Sapphire or any other ship departing San Pedro? Just curious, my mom going on 28 day cruise and she has never brought own flowers on. I know you can't take the flowers off the ship, but 28 days she would not want to carry them off. Thanks for any responses.

Does anyone know if you can bring your own flowers onboard The Sapphire or any other ship departing San Pedro? Just curious, my mom going on 28 day cruise and she has never brought own flowers on. I know you can't take the flowers off the ship, but 28 days she would not want to carry them off. Thanks for any responses.

Why not just buy flowers on board?

Yes, flowers may be brought aboard and it often done so. I just don't know where you would by flowers in San Pedro however, if you were to ask on the West Coast thread I am certain that some San Pedran (?) would have the answer.

Yes, flowers may be brought aboard and it often done so. I just don't know where you would by flowers in San Pedro however, if you were to ask on the West Coast thread I am certain that some San Pedran (?) would have the answer.

Thanks so much, she lives local in Long Beach and she would buy them near home.

Thanks so much, she lives local in Long Beach and she would buy them near home.

We've brought them onboard in many ports...both in the US & foreign...so she should be able to get more during her cruise. The last time I was in Hilo they were selling them at the pier.

No problem bringing flowers onboard. The issue comes up only if you plan to take them off the ship. I once bought orchids in HI and had them shipped rather than carry them into the US. I also bought a gorgeous arrangement on the pier in Hilo that stayed alive until disembarkation.

I brought flowers onboard last April when we sailed on the Sapphire to Hawaii with no problem. By the time we got to Hawaii they were pretty much gone, so I bought some more at a little general store next to where we had lunch in Hilo after visiting Volcano National park and they lasted the whole rest of the trip.

I almost always bring my own flowers onboard and have done this for years on many different cruise lines and no problem, have also bought fresh ones in various ports and again no problem.

Yes, we bought some flowers at the Von's Grocery Store at 1221 Gaffey St, which was a 5 min drive from the port.

A problem with cut flowers might be longevity, especially on a longer cruise. We have on occasion purchased flowering Orchid plants and brought them aboard with no problem. They last with minimum of care and upon disembarking just turn them over to the staff for their further enjoyment

Cruise lines don't have a problem with passengers bringing flowers on board. It is always the other direction as it pertains to the local laws when going ashore. In Tahiti, we first checked in and dropped the carry-ons in the cabin. Then went back ashore and purchased a lovely bouquet in the market near the dock which lasted pretty much to the end of our 12 day cruise.

We have done it in Florida and in Europe/Middle East as well. You can get much nicer flowers in port.

Thanks for all the responses, when my mom called Princess they said she may or may not be able to bring flowers onboard, so no definite answer from them.

She is thinking about it,no big deal, she just thought....... if she could bring them on in San Pedro she would and then maybe buy again in Hawaii,time will tell what she will actually do.

Thanks for all the responses, when my mom called Princess they said she may or may not be able to bring flowers onboard, so no definite answer from them.

She is thinking about it,no big deal, she just thought....... if she could bring them on in San Pedro she would and then maybe buy again in Hawaii,time will tell what she will actually do.

We always bring flowers onboard with us. We usually bring a potted orchid which usually wind up passing along tp someone staying on the ship after we leave. You can bring them on but not take them off with you at the end of your cruise.

Have brought flowers on board many times. Best deal is when doing the Alaska cruise from Seattle. We bought one of the wonderful bouquets from Pike's Market. No problem. Have also bought bouquets in caribbean from shoreside vendors.

What about Vancouver? Anyone brought flowers on?

It's done quite regularly, however as always you can't take them off the ship. There are florists that will deliver to the ship, street vendors and Costco is not a bad walk from Canada Place.

Cruise lines don't have a problem with passengers bringing flowers on board. It is always the other direction as it pertains to the local laws when going ashore. In Tahiti, we first checked in and dropped the carry-ons in the cabin. Then went back ashore and purchased a lovely bouquet in the market near the dock which lasted pretty much to the end of our 12 day cruise.

We did the same. The flowers in Tahiti were beautiful and way over the top for a standard size cabin (over the top of the counter, bed etc.:D). On this same cruise we bought round wreaths with ribbons that you placed in your hair for formal night. Really festive.

I don't buy flowers for my room. I want all the counter space for the things I need like drinks, binoculars, papers and guides etc. Longer cruises equal more junk that lands on the table in layers:o.

Archived