Am I the only one who dislikes hot tubs?

suekay

The thought of sitting shoulder to shoulder with undressed strangers in the sweaty (or worse:eek:) waters of a communal hot tub really turns my stomach. I don't consider myself overly fastidious, or concerned about "germs" in general, but hot tubs really freak me out:o

Why would I want to sit in someone elses bathwater, which is basically what it is.

Sure, except for all that chlorine or other germ-fighting agent, LOL.

I don't like them when they're crowded (why sit shoulder-to-shoulder with strangers any time?), but when they're not crowded they can be heavenly. I particularly like them in the cold weather (snowing preferred).

Nope...you're not the only one! I love a good, hot bath, but sitting in a hot tub...not my idea of fun, whether it's communal or private. You couldn't pay me to have a hot tub at home! I have friends who think they are great....I dislike them!

I get in the pool to cool off....not to sit in hot water! (Or, tepid, which is how many public "hot" tubs are!)

The thought of sitting shoulder to shoulder with undressed strangers in the sweaty (or worse:eek:) waters of a communal hot tub really turns my stomach. I don't consider myself overly fastidious, or concerned about "germs" in general, but hot tubs really freak me out:o

Couldn't agree more :eek:

i will not sit in the heated toilets they call hot tubs. I have seen 10 people in the hot tub next to my pool lounger. They pounded beers for 4 hours straight while sitting in the tub. Not once did anyone get up and use the restroom.

eeeewwwwwww

We were on Monarch of the Seas many years ago... the ship was only a year or two old.

It was a hot Caribbean day, sun beating down on deck and I think it was Barbados where we were docked but I might have the wrong port.

DH and were ashore in the morning, came back to the ship and went out to do some pool sitting. We noticed a senior couple in the hot tub, in the hot sun. I gave a second look and thought Mrs. was sitting at a very odd angle but had her head on her DH's shoulder. I looked for a moment and got a really bad feeling. I immediately got hold of an Officer who just entered the pool area and indicated what was disturbing me. He immediately called for medical assistance which arrived quickly.

The lady was dead and her DH didn't even realize it.

From that day forward, we have chosen to never get in a hot tub, in hot sun, on a cruise ship. It lost any attraction for us.

Anyone with heart or respiratory issues, seniors etc should really be careful before putting themselves in that situation.

I also wonder just how clean/sanitary those public hot tubs are.

A long way of saying I never, ever get in a cruise ship hot tub

Archived