Elite Hours

grammyandpoppy

I'm not sure how you would know now that there will be a large number of Elites cruising with you, but in any case, when there are less than 100 or so, Michael's Club may be used for both breakfast and cocktails. More than that, they may move breakfast to one of the specialty restaurants, and move the cocktails to the Sky Observation area. That's just a rough cut-off number and should be considered only approximate.

I guess I wasn't clear - sorry. I assume Sky Lounge will be utilized because of large number of elite on board. I was directing my question to the hours - breakfast and ccktail hours. Thanks again

Why are you complaining about the very first response to your very clear post which gave accurate information and added some additional accurate and relevant information?

Your assumption about location may be wrong....celebrity has split elites on some cruises into two venues, sometimes they use part of the sky lounge even for small number of elites...it varies.

Why are you complaining about the very first response to your very clear post which gave accurate information and added some additional accurate and relevant information?

Your assumption about location may be wrong....celebrity has split elites on some cruises into two venues, sometimes they use part of the sky lounge even for small number of elites...it varies.

Agreed, I thought it was a top answer.

Sometimes people just don't get it

Maybe they really do think they are ''elite'' in every way.

This elite thing is so over the top, so you have been on lots of cruises and you love to put elite on your posts and list all your cruises and take over bars in the evenings that the ''little folk'' might like to drink in.

Just because you get free drinks?...... or?......

May be a little bit pratty do you think?

I was asking about hours. After my first post, I came back 2 hours later and stated I was sorry if my post wasn't clear and thanked the posters for their input. Why a poster on this thread found it necessary to make unkind comments I do not know. This poster seems angry with those who have frequently sailed on Celebrity. I do not put elite on all jy posts, nor do I list the cruises we have taken. Celebrity schedules events for Captains Club members and decides where these events will be held. The 14 day cruise has attracted many members (100+) with elite status and I know this because a member of cruise critic has been very helpful in putting together lists of everything from veterans, cabin crawlsk wine tasting, elite members etc. I did not deserve your rant. Chill - maybe some day you will have taken enough cruises for someone to complain about you!

I was asking about hours. After my first post, I came back 2 hours later and stated I was sorry if my post wasn't clear and thanked the posters for their input. Why a poster on this thread found it necessary to make unkind comments I do not know. This poster seems angry with those who have frequently sailed on Celebrity. I do not put elite on all jy posts, nor do I list the cruises we have taken. Celebrity schedules events for Captains Club members and decides where these events will be held. The 14 day cruise has attracted many members (100+) with elite status and I know this because a member of cruise critic has been very helpful in putting together lists of everything from veterans, cabin crawls wine tasting, elite members etc. I did not deserve your rant. Chill - maybe some day you will have taken enough cruises for someone to complain about you!
That's the problem with message boards, e-mails, texts etc. You can't tell the poster's intents just by reading.

With you apologizing, it made is seam as if the answers above weren't good enough. It's not how you meant it, but how it could come across depending on how people take it.

I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

This elite thing is so over the top, so you have been on lots of cruises and you love to put elite on your posts and list all your cruises and take over bars in the evenings that the ''little folk'' might like to drink in.

You gave me a chuckle.

I thought I was the only complainer regarding restrictions put on otherpaying passengers because S-Class ships lack spaces for special group meetings.

I do like reading the post about opening the Specialty restaurant space for breakfast.

-Marisa

I was asking about hours. After my first post, I came back 2 hours later and stated I was sorry if my post wasn't clear and thanked the posters for their input. Why a poster on this thread found it necessary to make unkind comments I do not know. This poster seems angry with those who have frequently sailed on Celebrity. I do not put elite on all jy posts, nor do I list the cruises we have taken. Celebrity schedules events for Captains Club members and decides where these events will be held. The 14 day cruise has attracted many members (100+) with elite status and I know this because a member of cruise critic has been very helpful in putting together lists of everything from veterans, cabin crawlsk wine tasting, elite members etc. I did not deserve your rant. Chill - maybe some day you will have taken enough cruises for someone to complain about you!
Don't be concerned, there is always one person that is nasty,or thinks they are funny. Just consider the source and ignore the stupid remarks. We are elite, proud of it , enjoy the perks and don't really care what some others think.:p

I often wonder why they restrict the Elite hour to one bar. Why not just allow them to get any of the drinks allowed drinks at any of the bars during that time. The only answer I can imagine is that Elites are not trustworthy and they may get drinks for others. So, they put them into a closed environment so that doesn't happen. It sad that it's likely true.

Tom

That may be the only answer you can think of but you are overlooking the fact that here is a definite element of socializing, meeting others who are multiple-history cruisers, and having some special treatment, including appetizers, mingling with officers and other staff on occasions and so forth.

That may be the only answer you can think of but you are overlooking the fact that here is a definite element of socializing, meeting others who are multiple-history cruisers, and having some special treatment, including appetizers, mingling with officers and other staff on occasions and so forth.

That's the a answer I would have given. We met many nice people in the lounge.

It's also an opportunity to touch base with the Captain's Club host/hostess each day.

If you want to see the cc host/hostess daily, they are also at the elite breakfast.

The free drinks at any bar has been suggested as an additional perk for elite plus, should Celebrity decide to have a higher category. I kind of agree that getting together with others who are experienced cruisers is a nice experience...I learn a great deal by talking with folks who have already been where I'm considering going....so I'm not sure I think that's a good idea for us...others might love it.

I guess free drinks at any bar for elite or elite plus would be a two hour period where we were treated as if we had one of the drink packages....so the bar folks wouldn't be confused with another set of rules. It could be done....

Don't get me wrong, we always enjoy the parties. On our last cruise we went every night and always met/sat with fun people. No complaints. I can just understand how some would be unhappy to see the Sky lounge closed every night just when the sun is setting or we're leaving port or ... so it is kind of sad for those who can't get into the place. The view from there is incredible and the setting is wonderful and, like I said, I can't complain.

Tom

If you want to see the cc host/hostess daily, they are also at the elite breakfast.

The free drinks at any bar has been suggested as an additional perk for elite plus, should Celebrity decide to have a higher category. I kind of agree that getting together with others who are experienced cruisers is a nice experience...I learn a great deal by talking with folks who have already been where I'm considering going....so I'm not sure I think that's a good idea for us...others might love it.

I guess free drinks at any bar for elite or elite plus would be a two hour period where we were treated as if we had one of the drink packages....so the bar folks wouldn't be confused with another set of rules. It could be done....

What makes you so special? Mingling...... la de da

Archived